UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15th anniversary for Earth 295....

moc847

do NOT tease me . . . . you wouldn't want to see a grown man cry, would you?

I rather suspect he would ;)

T.

p.s. is earth 295 the one where minimates rise up and take over the planet?

X-Men - Jubilee, Banshee, Longshot, Dazzler. those are my top 4. i'm sure they'd have to squeeze Wolverine in there, though, so let's drop Longshot and Dazzler, save them for a tru 2-pack, and throw in Sunfire and... well i don't really care about mullet Bishop so how about a bad guy... Donald Pierce! Mr Sinister! Omega Red!

X-Force i still say Domino, Feral, Siryn and Cannonball with Rictor and Shatterstar 2 pack.

New Mutants Cannonball, Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Sunspot with Doug and Warlock 2 pack or Sunspot and Magma... both!

I have an extremely reliable source* who says that Great Lakes Avengers are happening this year sometime:

Mr. Immortal

Squirrel Girl (with both Monkey Joe and Tippy Toe pack ins)

Doorman

Big Bertha

Flatman pack in

*My source's name is Ben, he's 3 years old and when I mean he's extremely reliable, I mean you can rely on him to laugh when you make fart noises on his belly and to say yes when you ask him if they'll make Minimates out of the Great Lakes Avengers. Take it for what it's worth.

I'm sorry to say that my source retracted and is now saying 'no' when I ask if there's a GLA boxset planned. When I asked him who really is coming out, he says it's the Thing. A thin Thing with flames, packed with a Hulk wearing a Bam Bam (band-aid for those of you without kids). I'm beginning to doubt that he really has connections.

When does SDCC actually happen? We're look at July before any of our guesses are confirmed/dreams are shattered, right?

EDIT: ooops - just found it. July 22nd - 25th.

Edited by Nessex

I'm beginning to doubt that he really has connections.

This is a common problem & is easily solved but remember loose connections are DANGEROUS.

1.First of all check to see if his fuse has blown because this can easily be overlooked.

2.Is he on Stand-by? Again this often overlooked . Asleep?

3.Is he wet in any way? This is often accompanied by a discharge from the rear of the item & an unpleasant yet familiar stench. If so DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE ANY ITEM leave this to a professional ,generally speaking, any woman .

4. HDMI or SCART ? AC or DC input ? ARSE or FART ? All these things must be checked before removing any covers from or below the item.

5. Plug him in & try again.

Interesting... any predictions on lineups?

X-Men: Jubilee, Bishop, Colossus... who else is left? Iceman, I guess, but his look from this era was pretty much what we got in the set with Firestar. Unless they decided to give him add-on ice pieces so you could build out his chunky "ice elemental" look. In which case I would totally crap my pants.

X-Force: I'm guessing Feral (Beast parts), Domino (fan favorite), Shatterstar (as goofy as the character was, he was also kind of bad-ass), and Cannonball (an X-staple).

New Mutants: This could get interesting. Would it be the original team, or fan favorites from throughout the team's history? I wonder if they would recycle Cannonball to reuse his (theoretical) blast effect piece from the (theoretical) X-Force set? To be honest, if Warlock made the cut, the rest of the set would be gravy for me no matter who was in it.

I'd be sold on a 90s X-Men set with those four, as while it'd retire two of the best customs on my shelf, it'd be awesome to finally have official ones [and I can always repurpose the ones I have into the many similar looks they've had]. Plus I'd never say no to that look for Iceman [the only other ones I'd want would be the doo-rag or jacket-wearing looks, neither of which are really 90s].

That lineup for X-Force is a good one, and all of them are very iconic X-Force characters. I really, really want a Boom Boom though!

What I'd really like is a 90s X-Villains 4-pack. Updated huge Juggernaut, Omega Red, Pyro and Mr. Sinister.

What I'd really like is a 90s X-Villains 4-pack. Updated huge Juggernaut, Omega Red, Pyro and Mr. Sinister.

This is what needs to happen before anything else.

Agreed!

Agreed!

Avalanche/Toad companion set anyone??

X-villain are lacking IMMENSELY. Them and a new F4 are at the top of my list right now.

Agreed!

Avalanche/Toad companion set anyone??

X-villain are lacking IMMENSELY. Them and a new F4 are at the top of my list right now.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh yes

Updated Juggernaut.. make him big.. scrap the duck feet idea and do some really big folded boots that make him taller.. then beef him up and top him off with a nice dome.

Any others at this point are icing on the cake. The 90's cartoon stuff has been great.

I had a brainstorm today: What about The Agents of Atlas?

They've been getting a huge push from Marvel of late, have a fun toy-etic cast (a giant monkey and Robot, come on!), and they're apparently fan favorites.

Check it: SDCC Exclusive - Jimmy Woo (the special agent), Venus, M-13 (the robot), and Marvel Boy

TRU Follow-up - Namora and Gorilla Man

Bloomers! Instant success. Right?

I had a brainstorm today: What about The Agents of Atlas?

They've been getting a huge push from Marvel of late, have a fun toy-etic cast (a giant monkey and Robot, come on!), and they're apparently fan favorites.

Check it: SDCC Exclusive - Jimmy Woo (the special agent), Venus, M-13 (the robot), and Marvel Boy

TRU Follow-up - Namora and Gorilla Man

Bloomers! Instant success. Right?

hey, sounds good to me. :D

Out of curiosity, I was looking back over old emails, and found an order confirmation for the AFX Minimates Express Pack for SDCC pickup dated May 26, 2009. That package included the Champions exclusive set from last year.

Which is a roundabout way of saying dammit, when are they going to announce this year's exclusive?!?! B)

You know, I totally forgot that Champions set came out. Did that thing just vanish real quick before I even noticed it?

Get it! It's an awesome set. With the exception of Hercules' mace looking more like a golden mic than a weapon, the set was pretty damn nice!

I think the 2 best 4 packs released thus far are Defenders and Champions. Both sets are complete home runs.
I agree. I finally got my champions set a few days ago and I'm having trouble deciding which character I like best.

Same - i'm a massive X-Men fan, but it's Ghost Rider & Black Widow that i have trouble picking between for my Favourite figure in this set.

I think the 2 best 4 packs released thus far are Defenders and Champions. Both sets are complete home runs.
I agree. I finally got my champions set a few days ago and I'm having trouble deciding which character I like best.

Same - i'm a massive X-Men fan, but it's Ghost Rider & Black Widow that i have trouble picking between for my Favourite figure in this set.

I have to go with Ghost Rider, just for the sheer "1970's" of him! :)