UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

I have to go with Ghost Rider, just for the sheer \"1970\'s\" of him! :)

Agreed, I love that Ghost Rider, a great example of a minimate that is done without the all to common bulk of modern minimates and looks perfect IMO.

Anyone else find it interesting how we\'ve gone from Conventions like SDCC having all of the vendors sharing at most one exclusive 2 pack to todays stiuation where we are bracing ourselves for multiple 4 packs?

T.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else find it interesting how we\'ve gone from Conventions like SDCC having all of the vendors sharing at most one exclusive 2 pack to todays stiuation where we are bracing ourselves for multiple 4 packs?

I think the quantity/quality of convention exclusives has gone up across the board. They're no longer just a little gimme intended to "reward" convention-goers – for good or ill, they've really become a full-on market in and of themselves.

As far as Minimates go, call me a glutton, but the more, the better!

Edited by Lobsterman

As far as Minimates go, call me a glutton, but the more, the better!

Amen.

Other than giveaways, convention exclusive Minimates have become relatively easy to find for those not at the cons long after the cons are over, which means there's usually plenty of time to catch up if we're overwhelmed with Mates. So I agree, bring it on DST!

You know, I'm starting to wonder if we're setting our hopes way too high on the exclusives for this year. With five different box sets and a two-pack, it's possible last year was a freakish aberration, and not the new normal.

Perhaps the IM2 Battle Tactics and Stark Expo sets are the catch-all convention exclusives for this year, and the (still rumored, entirely hypothetical) 90's X-Force set won't be coming until later in the year...

Edited by Lobsterman

You know, I'm starting to wonder if we're setting our hopes way too high on the exclusives for this year. With five different box sets and a two-pack, it's possible last year was a freakish aberration, and not the new normal.

I can't imagine there won't be a SDCC exclusive. Everyone has a SDCC exclusive.

Edited by stack32

Superfast Jellyfish knows what 2 boxsets might be....AOA :ninja:

He has his source....

Is his source a small leprechaun that sits atop his shoulder and tells him to 'Burn 'em! Burn 'em ALL!'

On a serious note - if your source IS accurate, it'd be awesome to see a Nemesis/Holocaust figure. I think he'd make a very awesome minimate if he were executed well!

Superfast Jellyfish knows what 2 boxsets might be....AOA :ninja:

He has his source....

Is his source a small leprechaun that sits atop his shoulder and tells him to 'Burn 'em! Burn 'em ALL!'

On a serious note - if your source IS accurate, it'd be awesome to see a Nemesis/Holocaust figure. I think he'd make a very awesome minimate if he were executed well!

Superfast Jellyfish sais all will be known by october........

What is it with so many of our boardies suddenly getting possessed by eccentric talking animals for Minimate news? :lol:

This talking pineapple glued to my head is saying...

Forbush Man packed with She-Hulk in a bikini

What is it with so many of our boardies suddenly getting possessed by eccentric talking animals for Minimate news? :lol:

This talking pineapple glued to my head is saying...

Forbush Man packed with She-Hulk in a bikini

Superfast Jellyfish sais "Pineapple,not eccentric animal!"

Edited by brobotc

Superfast Jellyfish knows ALL!....AOA :ninja:

He has his source....

Don't tease!!! I want an AOA Weapon X, AOA Jean Grey, AOA Blink and AOA Apocalyspe. With a second box set containing AOA Sunfire, AOA Magneto, AOA Rogue, and AOA Cyclops.

Those would be awesome sets.

Edited by Chronotrigger

Superfast Jellyfish knows ALL!....AOA :ninja:

He has his source....

Don't tease!!! I want an AOA Weapon X, AOA Jean Grey, AOA Blink and AOA Apocalyspe. With a second box set containing AOA Sunfire, AOA Magneto, AOA Rogue, and AOA Cyclops.

Those would be awesome sets.

Those would be awesome.

I'm actually pretty surprised we haven't seen any of these yet. You'd figure an AOA Weapon X would've popped up years ago...

I'm actually pretty surprised we haven't seen any of these yet. You'd figure an AOA Weapon X would've popped up years ago...

I'm actually REALLY glad we haven't seen an AOA Weapon X as a Wolverine Variant yet - i think it makes it more likely that we'll a whole boxset rather than just a TRU exclusie 2-Pack :)

I love the X-Men villains and the Agents of Atlas ideas on this page!

I think a F4 villains set would do well too.

Mole Man, Annihilus, Diablo, Blastaar

Follow up: Dragon Man/Rama Tut

I would rather see Mole Man released in a normal wave, with a Moloid as that wave's army builder.

I know it'll never happen (but maybe, since it's a con exclusive), but I'd rather have 4 unique characters in an AoA box set, than variants of existing characters:

Holocaust

Blink

Sunfire

Morph

As it is, though, we'll probably just get one unique & 3 variants:

Weapon X

Jean Grey

Apocalypse

Holocaust (if we're lucky)

:(

I know it'll never happen (but maybe, since it's a con exclusive), but I'd rather have 4 unique characters in an AoA box set, than variants of existing characters:

Holocaust

Blink

Sunfire

Morph

Weapon X

Jean Grey

Apocalypse

I don't know, tenime. boxes like Infinity Gauntlet, Defenders, and Champions were pretty unique-heavy.

I love the X-Men villains and the Agents of Atlas ideas on this page!

I think a F4 villains set would do well too.

Mole Man, Annihilus, Diablo, Blastaar

Follow up: Dragon Man/Rama Tut

I would rather see Mole Man released in a normal wave, with a Moloid as that wave's army builder.

A very good point. I'm just hoping we get the character, regardless of how. A Moleoid as the army builder would be super keen.

So maybe my above list could be:

Dragon Man, Diablo, Annhilius, Blastaar

and then for the two pack

Kang/Rama Tut

Holocaust

Blink

Sunfire

Morph

Weapon X

Jean Grey

Apocalypse

I'd want BOTH but if there can only be ONE, I'd rather have the heavy hitters in Weapon X, Jean Grey, and Apocalypse.

Edited by Chronotrigger