UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sky_dive,

you've got some cool Minimates in your collection & i like your set-ups.

I'd have a go at maybe taking out some of the other figures before you shoot (like your StarWars toys) or finding a nice clear space to shoot against.

Keep at it, man! It's always fun to see more people contributing here :thumbsup:

Mmao that setup is incredible!

How many bases is that?

I have 16 total. 9 back walls (the ones with more detail) and 7 side walls (the flatter of the two).

Mmao that setup is incredible!

How many bases is that?

Yeah, I agree. That setup is amazing. Can you use the same base as walls, floors, ceilings? Are they interchangeable like that?

The floors double as ceilings, but the walls aren't interchangable.

And I'm glad you both like the setup!

I just realized you're TFao from TFW! :lol:

How can post pics? Photo bucket ? Is ther a free way to do it?I have some cool pics you all would probably be intrested.

How can post pics? Photo bucket ? Is ther a free way to do it?I have some cool pics you all would probably be intrested.

you can link an uploaded pic or the forum allows you to upload directly to it.

When you make a post there is big ATTACHMENTS word in the lower left. click the browse button find the pic on your PC click it and press attach this file and its that easy.

I just realized you're TFao from TFW! :lol:

Haha! Guilty as charged. I thought your name looked familiar dude. :thumbsup:

Oh my gosh, how did I miss that?

And by looking at your name, I figured you were on a TF board, just wasn't sure if it was TFW or not. lol.

Are ther any other TFW brethren on here?

Edited by MMao

Finished my light box. Some are still coming out kinda dark though.

Does your camera have the ability to do a white balance?

It should be irrelevant what colour the light bulbs are, so long as they are all the same.

A white balance will move the cameras parameters by taking a reference of what is white under different light sources.

Also, if possible your background should be lighter than the subject (Minimate), so when you expose for the Minimate, the white becomes over exposed and loses all detail.

Snapped some pics of the Alpha Flight boxed set for a review I did for minijeff's Portrait Of An Addiction blog.

I wanted to make sure Jeff got first dibs on showcasing my work before I posted a couple of the photoshopped pieces here.

The last pic is legit with no photoshopping. The RCMP officer on duty at Parliament Hill sure was looking at me funny. I wonder why? After all I'm a grown man who's quite capable of taking pictures of his toys in public... :blink:. Oh!... Never mind.

Guardianflys.jpg

Marrinaswims.jpg

Northstarflight.jpg

Puckwheel.jpg

ParliamentHill-Copy.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE