UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pic (as well as the stand) is just SUPER cool!

Hey, thanks BHM. I'm glad you enjoy SOMETHING I contribute to this forum. tongue.gif

On to other things, this thing right here? This thing is amazing. Way to go Luke.

GREAT pics of Daredevil right here man!

I love that Black Widow! I need to get one of those hair pieces. The heralds pic is awesome too, Geohound.

Here are some of my pics of Daredevil

Snapped a few pics of my newly acquired 90's Beast in a session in the Danger Room...

beast015.jpg

beast021.jpg

beast018.jpg

beast005.jpg

LOL! I knew model kit trays would work for minimates. I just dont have a play set or diorama that could fit them.

I love that Danger Room! I always throw those tray things out, I can't believe somebody found a use for them!

Figured this would be an appropriate a place as any to request; can anybody take a pic of 90's Beast with the X-Men First Class Beast hair piece? That 90's hair piece never looked right to me.

I'm glad everyone likes the Danger Room pics. And good eye in spotting the model kit skeletons Sherbertice! lol.

As for what I used for the backdrop, they are Kotobukiya chain bases. Its the same thing I used in an earlier Bishop pic...

SC007.jpg

They are pretty great as backdrops, and their versatility makes them even cooler. They can be configured in a lot of different ways. Here are a few shots...

devvs002.jpg

SC040-1.jpg

I don't think they are in production anymore, but someone is producing KOs of them that you can find on ebay and other places. I have a few of both the originals and the KOs (you can see the difference in color in one of my pics above)and they are of pretty similar quality. Even the kit skeleton came from the accessories that come with the sets.

I'll try to snap a few more Danger Room pics in the future.

Edited by MMao

Those bases are really expensive ! I think its worth it though .And It will work perfectly with MvsC3 minimates and megaman model kits stopmotions.

:happy: Im thinking about making star wars customs and yousing these bases. Or just normal 3 inch star wars action figures.

I think the best place to buy these are off of ebay (about $60 for a set of 6 when I bought them). Or even better, second hand from someone else.

they can get REALLY expensive though. Especially for the more hard to find sets (#007-010). All of the ones I bought are #001-006.