UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 33 & 34 now shipping from BBTS

groundhog7s

Can't wait to see these in person. Also have a couple Excalibur Phoenix variants from Luke's Toy Store on order. I thought only the variant would come with the stand so I bought an extra for Dark Phoenix. Since it looks like either Rachel comes with the stand I could have saved my money. Oh well, at least I will have two sets of the Excalibur team..

I was pretty certain that the regular Rachel Grey didn't come with a Phoenix Raptor effect. I'm sure i rmember them saying she wouldn't have one? Has this changed? Can someone confirm this either way when they have her in hand? Cause if she does, i'm gonna have to get myself a few spares as i missed out on getting extra 'Hound' Rachels at Lukes!

Bring on Meggan and a new Nightcrawler!

HELL YES!!!

In looking at the packaged pics on the Art Asylum site, it appears like its included in the box with Rachel Grey:

mm_33_sentinelrachel.jpg

As well as with the variant Rachel Summers:

mm_33_sentinelrachel_variant.jpg

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it looks like the Phoenix Raptor effect is in both packages. We'll know for sure soon enough!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang my order has shipped!? That's a first for me with BBTS to have an order shipped by the next day.

Can't wait to have more 90s X-Men. XD Now give us 90s Bishop, Colossus, Banshee, Jubilee, Forge, and Professor X in hoverchair, AA and DST.

Bring on Meggan and a new Nightcrawler!

HELL YES!!!

In looking at the packaged pics on the Art Asylum site, it appears like its included in the box with Rachel Grey:

Well spotted 3Dean!

Well - i'm off to update my order at lukes :)

Edited by Nessex

I gotta say, there is only one thing i dislike about the Sentinels.

The eyes. They are forever looking down. Now, it is 100% Accurate to the source material, since they always have to look down at the teeny-tiny muties. But now these are 2". Looking down when out of scale with every other Minimate is gonna be odd. That's my one gripe. I'm still over-excited i'm actually going to get my favorite army-builder in army form. :)

I gotta say, there is only one thing i dislike about the Sentinels.

The eyes. They are forever looking down. Now, it is 100% Accurate to the source material, since they always have to look down at the teeny-tiny muties. But now these are 2". Looking down when out of scale with every other Minimate is gonna be odd. That's my one gripe. I'm still over-excited i'm actually going to get my favorite army-builder in army form. :)

If you look at the artwork for the Sentinel though you notice he is looking straight ahead. Due to the tempo apparently being placed lower on the head it now looks like as you say 'down at the mutants'.

If anything that really can hurt a minimate it's the tempos being put on too high or too low.

Wow, that was fast. I ordered both wave 33 & 34 yesterday and they sent an e-mail to me this morning telling me they had already shipped my sets out. I cannot wait until wave 34 is in my hands! A month early bump up, makes me feel like its still x-mas!!

Looks like Monday is the day for these to arrive for me. Thankfully I have them being delivered to my work so I won't have to wait until I get home to see them.

I'll one-up your delivery date - according to UPS, my order is "out for delivery" right now. Wonder if they'll actually show up today...

Looks like Monday is the day for these to arrive for me. Thankfully I have them being delivered to my work so I won't have to wait until I get home to see them.

I'll one-up your delivery date - according to UPS, my order is "out for delivery" right now. Wonder if they'll actually show up today...

Ditto on the 'out for delivery'. Of course, having chosen UPS and dealing with them in the past, I don't expect to see my package until around 7pm... Like it always seems my stuff is the LAST package the guy delivers. >_O

On the holidays they got me my package like at 9am once. Wish that happened more often. Can't wait to put together my 90s X-Men and add Rachel to Excalibur.

Well then. We expect pictures in the morning, by lunch at the latest, gentlemen. :P

Update! They're HEEEE-RE.

Looks like all of the them have good tempos from what I've seen. Sentinels have that looking down bit to them though. I haven't taken them out of the packages yet.

Both versions of Rachel include the Phoenix base I see though.

I didn't know Menace would have her human face underneath the Menace head but obviously does since they include a blonde hairpiece.

Only thing I so far feel like nitpicking on is Cyclops' visor being painted gold. I'm used to it being shown as yellow like the rest of his costume in the comics and cartoon. Otherwise, wave 34 looks really good too. Beast looks HUGE.

Update! They're HEEEE-RE.

Looks like all of the them have good tempos from what I've seen. Sentinels have that looking down bit to them though. I haven't taken them out of the packages yet.

Both versions of Rachel include the Phoenix base I see though.

I didn't know Menace would have her human face underneath the Menace head but obviously does since they include a blonde hairpiece.

Only thing I so far feel like nitpicking on is Cyclops' visor being painted gold. I'm used to it being shown as yellow like the rest of his costume in the comics and cartoon. Otherwise, wave 34 looks really good too. Beast looks HUGE.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PICTURES!!!!!

please! lol thanks for the update

Jeff of the Miniacs

Edited by minijeff

I am relieved to hear that BOTH Rachels come with the Phoenix Raptor, as i just ordered myself a couple of exrta Rachel Greys from Lukes yesterday. Great News!

I can't WAIT for these to hit, but alas - my 'pile o loot' at Lukes includes some IronMan2 gear . . . so it looks like i'm gonna have to wait till they show up as well before i can get my hands on my precious 90's x-men.

I'd love to show pictures, but I need to find our digital camera and see if it'll work with our new computer as it's been awhile since we had any pictures taken.

I have taken the figures out of package now and have to first say...starting with wave 33 (not including Thor/Loki in this since they also came out in TRU newest wave)...

The Sentinel/Rachel 2-packs are by far the AWESOMEST minimates 2-packs ever. I also believe they hold the record now for most stuff included in a 2-pack. Both versions include... a Phoenix Raptor base for Rachel, alternate sets of hands and feet for the Sentinel to look more old school, a rocket base to simulate the Sentinel taking off, an alternate clasic Sentinel hand to simulate blasting with it's lasers, an alternate modern Sentinel laser hand (I think that's what it is), and an arm attachment to simulate launching a fist for the Sentinel.

The Sentinels just come with TONS of stuff really. And the details on both him and Rachel are amazing. Modern Rachel even has the Phoenix tattoo on her back while classic Rachel has the spikes tampoed on her arms still like shown on the photos shown my AA/DST, which is nice.

Menace/Anti-Venom are surprisingly good too. Menace has alternate human hands to go with her blonde hairpiece for her human face under the goblin face piece.

Anti-Venom uses pretty much the same construction as the most recent Eddie Venom, except no removeable face mask. Still, it's a pretty cool set.

Now for wave 34, the one I'm sure many of us excitedly desired that are fans of the 90s X-Men looks...

Beast/Rogue.

Beast...is a mixed bag. He comes with normal blue feet and hands as well as clawed hands and large clawed feet, which I think are new. His hairpiece is new but dang is it huge. It would give Wolverine spiky hair envy. He also includes what I think looks WAY too silly.... Arm attachments to simulate fur that the clawed hands plug into. While it was a good idea, the pieces make his arms INSANELY long and unnatural. I think they were really trying to push how gorilla like he was in the 90s, but they could have done a better idea I think similar to the Beast fists they used on the FA and X-Factor Beasts. Maybe make them open clawed hands instead of fists. Aside from that, it's a 90s based Beast, which is nice to see in Minimate form, just a bit flawed.

Rogue...is really good. She has a new coat piece with the belt attached at the back to simulate how her belt was always hanging loose at her hips. Her sleeves are actually glove collar pieces (like on Bucky Captain America) pushed up to her elbows and it actually works. She also has a new hairpieces with her headband, though...wasn't her headband green? It's black on the figure. Aside from that, the Southern belle is just how I pictured a minimate version would be like.

Cyclops/Jean Grey.

Cyclops in all his Jim Lee-ish glory. They actually created a ton of new pieces for him. His straps are part of his belt(they're attached), he has straps on his feet and upper legs, and of course the visor/hairpiece. He also comes with alternate hair for the head underneath which has his ruby quartz glasses on. Aside from my recent pointing out of how I think it looked odd his visor was gold instead of yellow, this is yet another great minimate. Only thing that would be better is if he had an attachable optic blast.

Jean Grey... Jean, Jean, Jean... In the one costume that tends to get ignored in previous X-Men related toylines in minimate form and yet...it apparently was rushed from the prototype photos we saw to production version for two reasons... One is the crotch piece in the photos we saw was painted yellow with blue down the center to simulate the costume's look. On my figure, that whole piece is blue now. The other thing is...no tampos on the side of her legs. The prototype showed her having those 'boxes' or whatever they are on the side of her legs like in the comics, but they're not here on the figure I have. Maybe I got a bad one, we'll see when others get theirs but I get the feeling they got cheap with her. Aside from those issues though, she has new shoulder pad pieces and I think new hair and everything else about the figure is really good. Just hate when I see something on the prototype that should have been on the final product (Captain Britain).

Black Queen/Hellfire Club Goon

The Black Queens both are similar in design with Selene having different boot attachments, a hairpiece and paint job from Jean. They both include black whips (which are actually the Wonder Woman lasso from the DC line). And while both are interesting. They both suffer from one thing. They use Moon Knight's huge cape. As we know with Moon Knight, the cape is HUGE and very hard to mess with the figure with in relation, but the worst part I feel is there's nothing to even hold it in place on the ladies here, so the cape is constantly wobbling around all over the place. I feel without the capes the figure would have been better...make a smaller cape or find one from the line that might have worked a bit better. I dunno. Still, if this starts a Hellfire Club in Minimate for us...bring it on.

Hellfire Club Goon. Our troop builder of this wave. He's good. Honestly, I can't really think of much to say as it looks pretty much like its comic counterpart in minimate form and includes a new gun made to look like the ones they use. Otherwise, nothing outstanding about it to say.

To sum things up in what turned into a review of wave 33 and 34... 33 has the awesome Sentinel, which despite being a tiny guy is really awesome and turned out to be quite a good wave despite having a few characters people might not care about. And wave 34 fills in more of our 90s X-Men teams, though not without a few flaws in the mix.

Nice review MST3KFan

i'm still v.much looking forward to getting some pictures, but am now extra excited about those sentinels... i've 3 on order from Luke atm, but certainly want more... more than any other army builder yet!

would someone please explain to me how every fucking time someone gets a set way before anyone else, they just dont happen to have access to a camera?

Pretty sure God just hates you, man, and enjoys the pain that he inflicts by torturing you. Sorry.

Edited by karamazov80

would someone please explain to me how every fucking time someone gets a set way before anyone else, they just dont happen to have access to a camera?

DST sends out their first cases to people without cameras, simple as that. You'd be surprised the things they know about us.

DST sends out their first cases to people without cameras, simple as that. You'd be surprised the things they know about us.

heh....