UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 4

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be harder than I first imagined purely because it is going to be especially difficult to come up with something that doesn't look like a cylon,terminator ,borg or the guy from the DC waves ....whatshisface. I can't use a paintbrush to save my life so I always rely on partswapping .... :(

This is going to be harder than I first imagined purely because it is going to be especially difficult to come up with something that doesn't look like a cylon,terminator ,borg or the guy from the DC waves ....whatshisface. I can't use a paintbrush to save my life so I always rely on partswapping .... :(

Some glitter or tinfoil glued to any parts-swapped custom will add a shiny, high-tech feel to any Minimate. Honest. ;)

Some glitter or tinfoil glued to any parts-swapped custom will add a shiny, high-tech feel to any Minimate. Honest. ;)

Coming Soon to Charitymates... the James Cameron-Stephanie Meyer mashup Termin-Edward!

:yucky:

Alright guys, I have a few updates for you. First of all, the logo is finished!

CM4.jpg

I have sent this logo along with a press release to a few different action figure web sites. I will also be posting it on the boards at RTM this afternoon. I will also submit it to Ask DST, just in case they feel like posting it.

Next up, there is now an official web site for Charitymates!

http://www.charitymates.com

This is something that Fujis and I have discussed, and I have been working on it for a few weeks now. We wanted to be able to better promote our Charitymates event, and having a dedicated web site is one of the ways to get noticed by the bigger news sites.

And while our annual Charitymates even is the main focus of the site, I wanted to be able to support various charities on a year-round basis. As you will see in the first post on the Charitymates site, I am pledging to donate one custom minimate per month to charity. For me, making customs for charity is much more fulfilling and rewarding than simply giving money. Every person helps others in their own way, and this is one way that I know I can help make a difference. Other customizers can feel free to join me in these smaller auctions as well. But I really want to make it clear that these smaller auctions will not overshadow the annual event. If anything, they will help promote it even further. :)

In the coming weeks I will start posting customs from previous Charitymates events, in order to keep the site fresh, and to show these customs to new readers who have not heard of Charitymates before. I also plan on posting more information about Convoy of Hope and other past and future charities. If anyone has other suggestions for the web site, I would love to hear them!

Love the logo, Luke (how's that for alliteration?) and the website is fantastic! You've done more for this project in the past few weeks than I did in three years! Congrats and thank you for keeping this project alive.

On a side note, I got a ton of work done on my entry the other day - how is everyone else doing?

I'm in the planning stage for mine - trying to figure out which idea I want to go with, and if I can actually do what I'm thinking about.

Really nice job on the logo and the web site, Luke.

Edited by boyd

Mine's put together pretty much. I just have to modify a few parts and drill a hole or two and then it'll be ready for paint. I just can't decide on a paint scheme to use. Decisions, decision, decisions....

BTW: AWESOME logo Luke!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Hee hee hee, now that's a fun opener to this year's event! :thumbsup:

I was a bit confused by the name at first, I couldn't tell whether it had something to do with julienne fries or with the robot looking like a jukebox...

Again, spiffy work Julian ;)