UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 4

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys. I chose the colors to match the banner that Luke made. I will work up a couple of other color patterns to see if it helps ease of reading.

anyone that would like me to make them a file card please pm me

with the information required from the mock up.

and a picture of your custom.

thanks

moc847

i dont think i can submit Chuck-Norritron,the paint is not working out and its starting to scratch easily,not only that but when i tried to spray a layer of gloss the Sharpie started to smudge.

ill try to work it out but if not,no Chuck-Norritron :(

Sorry to hear that, BrobotC.

First rule of the Fight Custom Club... Sharpies and clear coat aren't friends at all. :blush:

It happened to me, too. I guess it was back when I did my Comedian custom that I used a Sharpie-like fineliner before I put the clear coat on it and it was horrible. So: always do the painting first, then the clear coat and the Sharpie details afterwards. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your custom brobotc! I can't wait to see your new entry though. :)

moc I really like the card design. I will definitely be sending you my info once my custom is finished.

And baghead, your custom looks awesome so far!

Awesome entries so far guys! Sorry to hear about Chuck-Norritron - I was looking forward to bidding on him! Anyway, here's my entry: По-русски or "The Lumberjack"!

th_100_4015.jpg

th_100_4014.jpg

th_100_4017.jpg

th_100_4018.jpg

th_100_4020.jpg

th_100_4022.jpg

Timur "Tim" Morozov, a former Spetsnaz operative, was living far from Moscow when the aliens attacked! Using an old, decommissioned "lumberjack suit", a motorcycle, and some stolen alien technology, Tim built a robotic combat suit which he now uses to fight the alien invasion!

The Lumberjack is a heavy-modified 3" Minimate. I cut open the body and removed the arms making room for the 2" body inside. I sealed up the arm holes and glued the pegs to the body (although I should have made some sort of peg as this drastically decreased the shoulder stability). I hollowed out the 3" head to use as a helmet and sculpted on some detail. The leg, shoulder, and chest armor are from a Lego motorcycle. Building the hinge was a little tricky but thanks to a steel Lego rod and 4 Cubes donuts it worked just fine! The backpack/motor is a Captain Kirk-esque chair from the Cubes with some Minimate accesories glued on to look like alien tech.

He still needs a few touch-ups and some Dullcote which I should be able to finish later today.

Edited by Fujis

Cool robot Fujis! I'd better get my mate clear coated and photographed ASAP. The entries are getting better and better as they are unveiled.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Okay guys, here are my first two. I just snapped a pic with a phone, I'll set up a shoot once I finish my last two. I've been calling these Demolisher and Hightower, respectivly. A few of you will laugh at that. ;) I'll come up with real names once I design my box set. Yes, I'm actually going to go all out with custom packaging. :o

0408101803-00.jpg

Demolisher is a fire bot. His insane internal inferno eats everything. With a pair of powerful shovel hands he scoops everything into his every munching jaws.

He was a 2.5" Mate that I cut the legs down on and shaved the head off. He was fun. The flames are actually reflective metallic paint!

0408101804-00.jpg

Hightower is a construction bot. Designed for heavy lifting and able to reach high places, he in invaluable in a warehouse.

Hightower is a few mates from scrapped projects I had lying around. Namely, the legs came from a Raemon custom that never panned out.

Enjoy!