UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

Oh, now that makes sense :sweat: Thanks blizzerd!

Personally I'm guessing that the Mark VI is the "mystery" armor in wave 35, while the Mark V is the "mystery" armor in the TRU wave. Of course that'll make acquiring the Mark V a smurf for the completists, but since we're getting a regular Silver Centurion redo in wave 36 anyway then it's still win-win kinda.

Edited by NorthRaider

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark IV comes w/ Whiplash in both the TRU wave and Wave 35

ironmanmmpkgwhiplashfro.jpg

Either Mark V/Silver Centurion or Mark VI/Triangle Chest-Piece comes with War Machine. (Probably Mark VI, as that's the one that comes battle damaged with the battle damaged War Machine/Nick Fury/Racetrack Tony Stark box set)

The other of the two will presumably come later

Okay... so let's review:

Mark I - the junk armor built in the cave

Mark II - all silver armor with an "icing problem'

Mark III - red and gold armor, got trashed fighting Stane

Mark IV - red and gold armor seen in the trailer for Iron Man 2 and sitting in the Hall of Armors screen shot.

Mark V - red and silver armor

Mark VI - red and gold triangle unibeam suit shown on all the packaging.

Which if we're looking at this right, we're getting another Iron Man 2 movie minimate set or box to include the Mark VI.

This is weird.

The MkIV is just a retooled MkIII. What we're calling the MkV is apparently the Silver Centurion-esque armor, a radical departure from previous armor designs. Then we have MkVI, which is basically back to the MkIII design with a new unibeam.

I don't understand why the armor design would regress backwards like that. He's obviously going to be wearing the triangle unibeam armor for a good part of the movie, as that's the one they're hanging the marketing on. If the SC-esque armor isn't the "big reveal" final armor at the end of the movie, and it's just a throwaway transitional armor, why are they keeping it a big secret?

Ya know, I think the Mark V just might be a different kind of throwaway armor. It looks very lightweight and quick to put on. And we've seen Happy with a red and silver briefcase. I'm venturing a guess that the Mark V is the briefcase- some sort of portable, easy to put on Iron Man armor with limited capabilities. (Perfect for when you get attacked at the race track?) If that's the case, it wouldn't need anti-icing gold paint or a lot of what we've seen on the armors.

EDIT: After a brief google search, I came across The Collapsible Briefcase Armor Theory.

Edited by Turtle

If the SC-esque armor isn't the "big reveal" final armor at the end of the movie, and it's just a throwaway transitional armor, why are they keeping it a big secret?

My guess is it's supposed to be a surprise during the movie - a back-up suit of armor that Tony keeps secret for the sake or protection, like a bullet-proof vest. Just when you think Tony has had it and there's no way out - out comes the Mark V armor and Tony makes a getaway.

While watching the video, I couldn't help but being creeped out by all the half mannequins with no arms in the stands. :D . I just like the fact that they're using more armors. Story aside, I'm sure there are a few people here that would say 'the more the better'. :)

I like the briefcase armor theory. Nice nod to the comics. And it's got enough clues along the way make it plausible.

And I think the triangle chest beam is significant. Think about it, to this point that round glowing shape in his chest has been the source of his power and his greatest tech secret. But in the trailer Vanko talks about being wronged, and seems to be able to construct a mini-arc reactor of his own. Stane says they built the big arc-reactor "30 years ago", which may put it before Tony's time with the company. (Unless Tony the character is well over 40) What if Stane, and/or Howard stole the basic premise from Vanko? And upon this discovery, Tony is forced to totally redesign his personal and armor power supply. Hence, triangle instead of the circle.

Of course the irony is after wearing the triangle unibeam for most of the last ten years, 616 Tony is going back to a lighted circle design.

What if Stane, and/or Howard stole the basic premise from Vanko? And upon this discovery, Tony is forced to totally redesign his personal and armor power supply. Hence, triangle instead of the circle.

So the real bad guy in the movie is patent infringement? ;)

I thought Tony developed the arc reactor (the small personal one, anyway) from scratch in that cave. Even if it was "inspired by" the bigger one, which was, in turn, "inspired by" Vanko's designs, the miniaturization aspect seems like a pretty big imaginative leap on its own to get all pissed about someone stealing your idea.

So, does Tony redesign the armor/power source just because of the potential PR blowback, or because Vanko/Hammer are able to create a way to remotely neutralize the original arc reactor?

Hmm...

EDIT: After a brief google search, I came across The Collapsible Briefcase Armor Theory.

That's a pretty cool theory. I wonder what the non-comics fans will think once they actually see it onscreen. And it would be the bee's knees if they actually released the briefcase as an actual non-plastic replica product or something.

The name made me *giggle* though.

And I think the triangle chest beam is significant. Think about it, to this point that round glowing shape in his chest has been the source of his power and his greatest tech secret. But in the trailer Vanko talks about being wronged, and seems to be able to construct a mini-arc reactor of his own. Stane says they built the big arc-reactor "30 years ago", which may put it before Tony's time with the company. (Unless Tony the character is well over 40) What if Stane, and/or Howard stole the basic premise from Vanko? And upon this discovery, Tony is forced to totally redesign his personal and armor power supply. Hence, triangle instead of the circle.

Eerie, I could've sworn I suggested a similar theory myself in the original wave 35 thread. (You remember... the one that went poof!)

EDIT: Wait a minute, that theory I had is still here!

The Accidental Oracle has returned!!!

Edited by NorthRaider

Eerie, I could've sworn I suggested a similar theory myself in the original wave 35 thread. (You remember... the one that went poof!)

EDIT: Wait a minute, that theory I had is still here!

The Accidental Oracle has returned!!!

I never claimed imagination. ;) Like Marvel's Mad Thinker, I can only reproduce and combine the ideas of others.

But then, aside from the brief case theory, most of the last two days worth of posting has been confirming speculations we had earlier in this thread.

We had that one too.... B)

dope.gifD'OH!!

Apparently weeks ago when someone called me Mirypedia, little did they know that's my level of accuarcy. sigh.gif

;)

poking around online, i found this now, with a later date: http://www.scifigenre.com/itemList.aspx?si...ExpandToID=4583

do we have reason to fear?

Since we still have to get through waves 33 and 34 being released that date doesnt look that bad...plus it is still before the movie opens which has got to be a plus right

Jeff of the Miniacs

poking around online, i found this now, with a later date: http://www.scifigenre.com/itemList.aspx?si...ExpandToID=4583

do we have reason to fear?

Since we still have to get through waves 33 and 34 being released that date doesnt look that bad...plus it is still before the movie opens which has got to be a plus right

Jeff of the Miniacs

Right, but don't forget that wave 34 got pushed back to late April to accommodate the March release of wave 35. I wonder if they're flipping them, or if 34's being pushed further back to, say, May or early June. That's my bet...