UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

Well my Toys R Us order shipped out today! So I guess that means I will at least be getting the Black Widow and I managed to pick up that exclusive set with the iron patriot for under $6 bucks from them too.

Hopefully the Borders Exclusive isn't too hard to find.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the Borders Exclusive isn't too hard to find.

IF we can find them, I'm sure they won't be. The only problem is trying to. My Borders still has no info on the Minimates, even though the Select figures have shipped; i should know, since Rhodie is sitting on my shelf as i write this. :) Huh...reminds me i need to go back for the Mark IV...Anyway, the one beauty about this set is that it seems to be "made" to NOT need. Both A VERSION OF the Mark IV and Whiplash are available in two different locations. Now, are these going to differ?? Sure, for all we know the "mass market" IV won't have sunglasses and Vanko is obviously BD in the Borders' version, but neither is "required" being slight variations. That's the plus side.

The down side is i REALLY want Sunglasses Mark IV. :confused: Here's hoping Borders comes through.

i just noticed that i did get the usual/standard case assortment for the dump case...

i got 1-2-2-2-3

Usual? I thought the cases were meant to be configured 1-1-2-2-3-3????

You might have just gotten yourself a bonus BD Hammer Drone.

Thanks for the heads up .....my case is obviously wrong :(

Damn my luck.....I'm sending them back :down:

post-638-1270627700_thumb.jpg

Hot DAMN!

what's that all about? Planning to do some trading later on?

So my supplier has taken these back now . He seemed happy enough.....nice guy actually....he pointed out that apart from the six crummy civilians the other 6 drones 'looked damaged'. He's the same guy who swapped me those 6 rare variant Blue Angels from Wave 31....... all I had to do was give him those crummy Silver Age & rubbish Red TRU ones. Really nice guy....trustworthy....decent .....but a tad naive.

edit: I've just seen Mini Mytes post ......which one is Justin Hammer ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'm guessing the "500 cases" was just BHM's order!

I got mine today, only opened the 4 drones so far. I like the er, light beigey one best. The one with the long shoulder gun. Is that Ground? The first Air drone I took out, I managed to pull the rocket launcher off the shoulder (hey, it was loose, and one of the others had removable parts, so I thought it'd be OK!). Also his legs will NOT stay on at the knee joint. So bits of him keep falling off. Bad form!

I have other thoughts but will save them for a proper review.

Well I just got my hands on one of each of the IM single packs (along with Wave 33 :D). So far I only opened the BD Hammer Drone, Tactical Drone and Justin Hammer, but I really have to say I am loving these!

Has anyone else here mentioned that Justin's briefcase looks like a reuse of the one from the 24 season 1 boxset?

I orderd the toys r us iron man 2 minimates this morning and there processed and shipped with a tracking number already given to me,this is the fastest turn around i have ever recieved fro t.r.u. know i have to hope the dont come smashed (fingers crossed as always) i only posted this to let everyone know that if you order them right know it looks like there shipping rather quickly!!

Got my order today of the TRU mates and surprise they were shipped in a box with padding. way to go TRU!

It's a nice set of mates, not as good as Series 33 or 34 though.

Mainly because the lower portion of the legs for the Mark IV and Mark II. They are both warped which results in bowlegged figures. The figures are very difficult to stand due to the warping.

I'm assuming it's a mold problem since both have the exact same warping on each leg. Thankfully with an extra pair of legs from a Mark III or Mark II from the Iron Man 1 minimates they can be fixed.

Got my order today of the TRU mates and surprise they were shipped in a box with padding. way to go TRU!

It's a nice set of mates, not as good as Series 33 or 34 though.

Mainly because the lower portion of the legs for the Mark IV and Mark II. They are both warped which results in bowlegged figures. The figures are very difficult to stand due to the warping.

I'm assuming it's a mold problem since both have the exact same warping on each leg. Thankfully with an extra pair of legs from a Mark III or Mark II from the Iron Man 1 minimates they can be fixed.

did you order all of them or just the tru exclusives? pics please?

Jeff of the Miniacs

I ordered all four sets.

Other than the lower leg warping everything else is A-ok. Nothing even close to the level of the Spiderman Friends & Foes debacle.

The pictures over at fwoosh are better than anything I can take with my crappy camera. The pictures also show the leg warping on the Mark II

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f...t=1560#p1854670

The pictures over at fwoosh are better than anything I can take with my crappy camera. The pictures also show the leg warping on the Mark II

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f...t=1560#p1854670

But at fwoosh there are no whiplash minimate pics:{ OR the iron-man from the whiplash set without armor or helmet:{

But thats ok,Congrats on getting them safely

Other than the lower leg warping everything else is A-ok. Nothing even close to the level of the Spiderman Friends & Foes debacle.

Argh. This sort of expectation management is cold comfort. The QC on waves 33 and 34 seemed pretty good, so here's hoping these were just a fluke of the the jam-it-out schedule right before Chinese New Year.

Does the leg warping seem to be something you could fix with careful use of a heat gun or hair dryer? Is the joint flawed, or the lower leg piece itself?