UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody post bigger versions of these pics? They're way too tiny.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to do that anymore. They used to append the image size into the file name on these smaller images, and to get the larger ones all you had to do was remove that extra information. But they changed the way they name their images, thereby removing our easy access to the large images. :(

Swordsman - neato! Old Man Logan? Oh boy, yet another Wolverine... :/ I don't know the Old Man Logan storyline either.

I don't like scalpers either. I got real lucky and got Warpath/Angel last Friday. That was the only one they had and they had an entire row of Ultimate IM/Hulk and others and even 3 Spider-Woman/Molecule Man packs. Scalping is what made me quit collecting Toy Biz back in the day. There was a point where collecting simply wasn't fun anymore. TRU could at least make them avaiable thru their website.

Short packs .....it's difficult not to get too personal about this shit because the guys making these decisions are making 'wrong' decisions. Ultimately, 'we' are the customers..'they' are the sellers..... & all successful businesses survive on one ,single ,long term denominator ......loyalty. I am lucky enough to be able to get help in obtaining this stuff but I don't want to be a member of an elite ,I want to be amongst fellow-owners.

Loyalty ?

Mine is steadily dwindling.

Edited by buttheadsmate

AHHAHAHAHA! YEEEEEESSSSS! Every single one of these minimates I want. This is amazing! I can skip the waves now as the TRU releases are the only ones I wanted out of those assortments!

Swordsman looks awesome and Surfer is VERY welcome by me. Fits with the new Thanos in style. (Which is why they made him probably, complete the Infinity set.) Spidey, meh. Worth it for the Scorpion though! Black Bolt is looking good. Cap Marvel looks pretty good, but any Cap Marvel is welcome. Unlike many I really love Titanium Man and I will be getting this set. Good Iron Man and a great villain for him at last. And Logan... Meh. Can do with or without for now as I haven't read OML. But once I do, I will probably want these guys.

Swordman awesome but i wish we were getting songbird instead of silver surfer.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-content/u...ilversurfer.jpg

it looks like surfer comes with a board.

Edited by Scorpion

I'm not quite sure if i'm seeing what you're seeing regarding the board.

Unless that's a transparent board i see to his left?

But he must come with one, because a Silver Surfer without a board is just a Silver?

Haha i agree. Actually, i wouldn't be suprised if, being "Cosmic" Silver Surfer, the board is somewhat translucent. I REALLY hope that the board kind of "phases" from solid silver to say a foggy or sparkly translucent plastic. That'd be the bee's knees!!! Especially if he gets Power Cosmic attachments!!

I am really loving the whole TRU/DST deal. I mean, the only things my TRU cannot sell are Terminator. Which is sad for that line, but i could care less. Marvel has been doing overly well, and Battlestar has been fair with a restock now and again. But Marvel has sold enough for me to find all of the exclusives eventually so this is no problem. My thoughts on the Wave's new figures:

Surfer/Swordsman: FINALLY!!!!!!! Surfer gets a Godly update most need (i hope he gets that speical board) and we are one or two away from a complete Thunderbolts team!! I say two because i hate Norman and LOVE Zemo in charge. :P

Old Man Hawkeye: Meh. I felt Logan needed someone else from his stroyline, but maybe

Captain Red Skull

would have been a more exciting choice. Don't get me wrong; i like Clint...but this just isn't anything to "yippee" about...I am happy Logan finally gets those fleshy arms though. That set let me down without them.

Many wastes of packs, and the exclusives better not be one-per-casers. You would think DST would realize that the packs that DO sell right away ARE the exclusives, contrary to what they already believe. I mean, it'll take, what, about three weeks for a Spidey pack to sell through at four per case?? When the exclusives sell the minute they are put on the shelf, or even before then?? I mean, it's not rocket science, people...

as already stated these straight up duplicates from the normal waves are getting on my nerves. What I end up doing is passing for it at TRU or canceling my order for the wave If they release enough. either continue to mix them up, or please start putting in good Army Builders again. Vault Guard was lame. It was because of Toysrus that I was able to build up my Aim Army, between the toysrus in my area I ended up getting 8 of those packs. Or even better.... 2 army builders in one box! how about the upcoming Kree packaged with a Skrull or Multipleman with a Hydra Soldier.

With wave 29 i'm thinking of doing that. Since the only figure left from that wave that hasn't been released at toysrus is Spider-Girl. I don't care about extra vault guards or ultimate spider-woman (even though I like the character)figures. I might just get Mayday at my LCS instead.

My closest toysrus is clogged with Ultimate Ironman and Hulk.

As I've had some time to process this, I have to admit that my interest in these new releases is pretty low. I still agree with what I said in my first post, but knowing I'll have to pay almost the price for a full wave plus variant for a single 2-pack makes me less interested than I should be in these great looking figures.

On the other hand, all the Spidey wave figures I want (Elektro, Scorpion, and the head of Insulated Spidey) should be pretty easy to find without my having to shell out the full price for the wave. Meh.

Edited by karamazov80

Hmm, I don't know man. I'm of the opinion that you love your toys more if you work for them, which means more than working 9-5. Hunting for them for weeks is, for me, more rewarding. But that's not really what I'm arguing here. You should be able to go down and just buy it. Sure. But you can't. And we're not going to be able to change it. Sure, you don't have to smile when someone kicks you in the balls, but there's another way to look at it and another option: You can get kicked ion the balls to get a toy and say "^$&$^$#*", You can say "Hey, new toys!" You you can NOT get kicked and also not get the toy, instead resorting to beating up small children to steal what their nads fought so hard for. ;) But seeing stuff like this makes me just scratch my head.

That's all good and well - but i'm not even getting the chance to be a part of 'the hunt'. Australian Toys R Us doesn't carry minimates (along with MANY other lines) . . . so i don't even get a chance to hunt for them after work. My only option is to be scalped on eBay & pay upwards of $20.

In fairness, a couple of boardies here have been awesome enough to help me out (And words cannot express how thankful i am to you guys!), But i think having a gripe about Toys R Us exclusives is valid for some collectors.

To be fair to Captain Minimate, being in Hong Kong means he can hunt in TRU for the rest of his born days, like the rest of us "international" Minimates collectors in the UK and Austrailia etc, and will never ever find these Minimates. It's frustrating enough for drgnrbn and he's in the States.

What he said!

Old Man Hawkeye: Meh. I felt Logan needed someone else from his stroyline, but maybe

Captain Red Skull

would have been a more exciting choice. Don't get me wrong; i like Clint...but this just isn't anything to "yippee" about...I am happy Logan finally gets those fleshy arms though. That set let me down without them.

Ah but I have looked into this story quite a bit and Hawkeye was more or less Wolvie's sidekick. And the guy you suggested is freakin' easy to make in a QC. Why would DST give us what is basically a quick custom when they can create a new character?

am I the only one who saw the title of Swordsman and thought it was the classic version? and was let down it was the new version?

sure the silver surfer looks good, but the rest I can wait for in my LCS

DST hinted that this version of Swordsman was coming a while back, so it's not that much of a suprise. They were talking about finishing out current teams, and Swordsman finishing out the T-Bolts was their example.

That doesn't acccount for Songbird, however, Hopefully they didn't mention her because she's in an upcoming wave or boxset. Until we get Melissa Gold, I'm happy to have Andreas! Now I can have Norman stab him on my minimate display.