UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brobot, Wave 4 is still shipping. I don't think ANY of us are gonna see this until the 1st week of December, maybe the last of November if we're lucky. I wouldn't get your hopes us, bud. It's too soon.

Maybe on the biggest retail day of the year. aka Black Friday. So instead of trying to snake them from each other we have to also compete with crazed parents looking for anything for a stocking stuffer.

Brobot, Wave 4 is still shipping. I don't think ANY of us are gonna see this until the 1st week of December, maybe the last of November if we're lucky. I wouldn't get your hopes us, bud. It's too soon.

Maybe on the biggest retail day of the year. aka Black Friday. So instead of trying to snake them from each other we have to also compete with crazed parents looking for anything for a stocking stuffer.

If any store has them on black Friday it would be a coincidence. Retailers are too concerned with items featured in their ads and door busters than collector item toys that they only get one case in of at a time.

It was the week of Black Friday last year when Ivan found the first wave of Marvel Minimates started appearing. Will history repeat itself with the release of Wave 5?

Smeg! I didn't realize I've been stalking TRU for almost a year now. Maybe I should have a little anniversary party next Wednesday. Take in some chips and dip, pigs in a blanket*, a few alcoholic beverages. Put some music on over the intercom system. Do a little dance. Make a little love.

You're all invited. Gifts not required. Food would be good though, I hear those stockboys can really put away the hors d'oeuvres.

Party on, Wayne!

*I've often wondered if this should be 'pigs in a blanket' or 'pigs in blankets.' I think technically it should be the latter because each little piggy gets its own blanket. But I like to use the former because it implies all sorts of lovin', touchin', and squeezin' with a bunch of piggies all wrapped up in a single blanket.

Try not to apply logic to how this DST/TRU partnership works. It cuts down on the headaches.

Pig in a blanket.. still makes me think of a cold police officer.. but I digress

B) I am excited about a lot of these.. I can not wait to see these hit the shelves.. unfortunately a TRU location 45 minutes north of me (Layton, UT) has had such little action it looks like they have stopped getting new stuff in. I can only buy so many. :) Sugarhouse TRU is the closest to my job and easiest to hit so maybe I'll run into Ivan again and the party will happen.

Vox

So, Grannyhog, we should expect ours around the...oh God no...20th of DECEMBER!! Gah; right before Christmas!! Better known as Scalper HEAVEN!!! :O

I just realized you adopted that wonderful nickname for our beloved (ex-?)shapeshifting 'verser. :P

I'm touched. Really. And thankful it hasn't become 'Trannyhog'.

And on topic, I should be able to check out two TRU's today and tomorrow and am hoping to find something worthwhile. Although I suppose the best time to find these would probably be at 12:01 Friday morning (which ain't happening).

Also, has anyone noticed TRU.com marking down older Marvel Minimates? I don't know if that's a good sign (making room for more stuff) or a bad one (since they aren't selling they won't order more).

I was looking at the thread for series 4, and the first reported sighting was 9/30. I saw them in Central VA on 10/2, but that was when the local stores were getting a truck only on Wednesday and Friday. I'm guessing all bets are off, since trucks are probably arriving daily.

I think I'd be okay with this wave NOT showing up yet... 1) money gets tight this time of year, especially with the recent deluge of 29, 30, GB2, etc. and 2) the appearance of series 5 would pretty much put the final nail in the series 4 coffin, and it seems like folks are still looking for Angel/Warpath.

is anyone else doing the midnight black friday thing?

at TRU?

No. but good luck and godspeed to those who do.

And if you score an extra Swordsman, remember they make great gifts. Especially to furry blue monkey men. Just sayin'.

And if you score an extra Swordsman, remember they make great gifts. Especially to furry blue monkey men. Just sayin'.

sure i definitly will,seriously!

Small burlap sacks shaped like people too.

sure if i get lucky ill try to score some extras for you both seriously!ill even pm you when i get them.

is anyone else doing the midnight black friday thing?

at TRU?

I'm considering it, but i sure hope things dont get like the metallica concert were people fought over a baloon when thousands started falling from the roof.however i sure im gald that they finaly released another silver surfer, and if anyone wants one my TRU usaully has about 3 or 4 exclusives lying around on other toys. :)

if anyone wants one my TRU usaully has about 3 or 4 exclusives lying around on other toys. :)

Please pick extras up for other board members if you're financially able.

Even if I can find one by myself (not holding my breath), it'd still be cool if more people were able to get one than with BE/MS & A/W.

H311, if I find more than one, I'm buying them all to help as many people out as I can...