UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

Man, I just love this thing with Toys R Us. We are getting so many cool minimates as of lately. Of course, one would need to find them first, but nonetheless it is awesome. And keep the Iron Man minis coming. Who here wants the Iron Man villain Beetle. I Do. The only ones i don't really think i'll get would be the old man logan and Hawkeye. Just not my cup o tea.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't necessarily mind the hunt either and have been (inconsistently) lucky in finding what I want (no BE/MS ever appeared at me local TRU but after a few weeks the rest have). I am really psyched about that Black Bolt but Silver Surfer/Swordsman is a pass (already have a Surfer and Swordsman has to have one of the grossest stories I have heard of lately- leathering his dead sister's hide to use as a sword hilt so that he can keep his powers? C'mon).

Hmm, I don't know man. I'm of the opinion that you love your toys more if you work for them, which means more than working 9-5. Hunting for them for weeks is, for me, more rewarding. But that's not really what I'm arguing here. You should be able to go down and just buy it. Sure. But you can't. And we're not going to be able to change it. Sure, you don't have to smile when someone kicks you in the balls, but there's another way to look at it and another option: You can get kicked ion the balls to get a toy and say "^$&$^$#*", You can say "Hey, new toys!" You you can NOT get kicked and also not get the toy, instead resorting to beating up small children to steal what their nads fought so hard for. ;) But seeing stuff like this makes me just scratch my head.

That's your opinion. Some people don't dig spending extra amounts of money for things they could find cheaper if only the store they visited recieved the items.

Overall, I'm glad they'll be released and that the new additions were made. They look fantastic from what you can see in the pictures. Here's hoping they eventually have a Songbird to go with those Thunderbolts while they're at it.

Nice job, DST.

The situation here is that DST are releasing new characters, ridiculously short packed, into only one retail chain. And that retail chain can't even get it's act together enough to get the toys onto the shelves at the same time nationwide. This leads to scalping and hoarding by people that can't possibly be fans...

... These shortpacked minimates are getting snapped up by the 'smurfs' I just referred to but the regular figures are left stinking up the pegs.

Um, this.

Yes, I'm happy that Minimates are more accessible to average joe collectors at (American) TRUs now, and that we're getting characters like Moonstone, Union Jack, Warpath and Swordsman thanks to them. But the last few threads we've gotten about the TRU waves have featured maybe 1-2 pages worth of pics and 'mate info, and 4+ pages worth of smurfing and moaning about what a pain it had been for Multiversers to get them.

C'mon, just say it guys: the whole TRU thing is neat and all, but it is not perfect.

Exclusives means exclusive right? These figures happen to be TrU exclusives-so if you can't get to a TrU-try ebay-just like people who can't get to comic conventions, etc. have to do.

Sounds accurate to me.

EDIT: AWW crap. I really am incapable of shutting up, aren't I? :( Man I need to work on that some more.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Yeah, given that we've had the other T-Bolts, I expected this one, but would also much prefer the classic version.

I'm right there with ya, hoping for a classic Swordsman. This one is great, no doubt about it. But I'm hoping for the classic one to fill in my ranks.

I'll also be included in the "I hope the Old Man Logan" set is the 1 per case. Sorry Wolvie fans, but I'm dyin' for that Surfer!

I keep wondering if these early TRU releases of comic shop characters (Titanium Man, etc.) is going to cause a dwindle in the LCS orders too. If I can I get a character that I want early (Titanium Man, Electro) and then buy the one from the LCS as my backup figure, something I do with ones I really really like.

So I'm glad these're being released, yes yes. But I'm still bummed about the sucky distribution and that people are still having trouble finding these. The store that I get to visit ( 1.5 hours away ) has had nothing but pegs full of Wolverine movie junk for months now. So when I make that special trip to Memphis and hope to find something, I'm always disappointed. "Toy hunt" my ass. I don't care if it's rare, I want to own it... I want other people to own it. They're mass-produced toys, not the Mona Lisa. Let everybody enjoy having one, y'know?

I've said it before & I guess I'll have to say it again TRU variants are produced in greater numbers than the LCS variants. If they are produced in greater numbers more will be available in due course & their price will drop although I feel that their 'reality' is still about $16....no more.

How the f**k would I know that ? It's simple really because each TRU wave has levelled off eventually & despite,for example, the 'perceived rarity' of the MS/BE pack , 6 were available in one BIN auction last month at this price :ohmy: I have been collecting Minimates for three years & I have never, ever, seen 6 current, Marvel Minimates variant packs for sale in one ebay auction :ermm:

BTW ,I have just received TRU Marvel 4 & despite my moans & groans about the whole 'TRU shambles' .....they are stunning.

Wave 5 also looks awesome.

I'll also be included in the "I hope the Old Man Logan" set is the 1 per case. Sorry Wolvie fans, but I'm dyin' for that Surfer!

Seriously. Silver Surfer and Swordsman are popular enoug hto sell at 2 per case, and I figure there are more fans desiring these two characters than 1 new and 1 variant character from an alternate universe story.

I keep wondering if these early TRU releases of comic shop characters (Titanium Man, etc.) is going to cause a dwindle in the LCS orders too. If I can I get a character that I want early (Titanium Man, Electro) and then buy the one from the LCS as my backup figure, something I do with ones I really really like.

I know that it affects things for me. I already have ythe Electro 2-pack, and I'll get the Scorpion one from my local TRU to help move product through, so the only one I'm getting from a comic shop source is the Spider-Girl/Vault Guardsman pack.

I hope the TRU parallel releases don't hurt overall sales for LCS too much. :(

and I figure there are more fans desiring these two characters than 1 new and 1 variant character from an alternate universe story.

Well, to be fair it wasn't just some 'What If?' one-shot or anything, it was a story told in the main Wolverine title, with two of Marvel's biggest creators behind it, and unless I'm mistaken it sold huge. Not saying it should or shouldn't be shortpacked, just that I can see why DST/Marvel would assume there's a market for these characters...

and I figure there are more fans desiring these two characters than 1 new and 1 variant character from an alternate universe story.

Well, to be fair it wasn't just some 'What If?' one-shot or anything, it was a story told in the main Wolverine title, with two of Marvel's biggest creators behind it, and unless I'm mistaken it sold huge. Not saying it should or shouldn't be shortpacked, just that I can see why DST/Marvel would assume there's a market for these characters...

Don't get me wrong, I actually loved Old Man Logan (except for the end; I had high expectations). I just figure that there are more fans seeking a redo for Silver Surfer and the Swordsman for their T-Bolts lineup than there are folks who will want an Old Man Logan variant and Old Man Hawkeye.

That said, if I see this pack in stores, I probably get it. Aw heck, I'll almost definitely get it. I love alternate universes. :biggrin:

Maybe this is DST's way of justifying having an unknown have more slots in distribution. Hawkeye is paired with a heavy hitter so you know that he is going to be 3 or 4 per case. The Surfer and Swordsman are in conjunction with other box sets so my guess is these will either be 1 or 2 per case much like the Angel/Warpath.

I know its wrong but i'm looking at this wave as custom fodder as well

Extremis iron man - J.a.r.v.i.s. armour pepper pots & stealth, war machine, tin man armour as well

Black bolt - falcon and stingray

Titanium man - Hydro armour and possibly (with sculpt) young tony's holo armour

After reading all this it's easy to say I'm very lucky. I happened to get my BE/MS pack from Big Apple Cominc Con and just today I walked into my local TRU to find one Angel/Warpath staring at me.

Not to go against what anybody in particular but I like the fact TRU gets exclusives and hard-to-finds. The Zapp Comics by me is garbage and is run by this jerk and I never want to rely on them to get me something cool or rare, especially for a fair price (this guy has huge mark ups).

Although it does make it much harder for a lot of people to get it if its carried by one retailer and they are doing a poor job distributing, which happens to be the case with TRU. Like I said, just today I happened to stumble across the Angel/Warpath pack, and to be honest it looked like they just opened up the case of lot 4 (there were 2 Molecule Man/SpiderWoman and plenty of Spidey/Electro and Xfact wolvie/vault guard). Meanwhile I was in there on Tuesday and they only had stuff from lot 3, and 4's been out since the end of September. I never bothered to asked if they had overstock in the back but from now on I'm going to, especially to get my hands on that freaking awesome SS/Swordsman.

Lot 5 looks amazing, Scorpion looks great, I want Capt Marvel/Blackbolt so bad!! forget these freaking different Spidey costumes though, makes it hard to spend 8 bucks for one minimate you'll like (reason why I don't have an Electro right now <_<)

And while we are on the subject of TRU, my store happened to have a BE/MS laying around I plan on going back tomorrow and getting it let me know if your interested in a trade :D

Putting this back on track...

Anyone who has access to DST Matts facebook page will see that it looks like Surfer comes with not only his board BUT it has a stand too ( and purple energy blast things!)

T.

I'm guessing by the lack of a link, it means you must be a member/friend to see it?

Seeing as i am niether, can someone possibly PM me a pic?

I'm guessing by the lack of a link, it means you must be a member/friend to see it?

Your wish is my command.... Just dont tell matt I stole his pic!

post-7-1256865033_thumb.jpg

T.

Oh!! I was right!! surfer IS getting Electro/Storm's energry blasts!!! Score one for TTF!!! :lol:

In all seriousness, that is just uber-cool. Swordsman looks beyond fantastic and will be welcomed by the other Bolts, and Surfer is the update we needed. The only thing that could make him better would be an alternate "speed" flight stand, like Iron Man's rocket boosts, and vac metalization!!!

This is a must-have pack, and BETTER be two-per-case, DST!! <_<

Your wish is my command.... Just dont tell matt I stole his pic!

post-7-1256865033_thumb.jpg

T.

Thanks TBT!