UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sobs*

I know I should be punished for that one.

:lol:

No, "sobs", because I still have yet to see Bullseye/Moonstone in stores (thank god for the kindness of board members), and can't find these for the life of me, while other people are finding multiples at one time. :(

Well, the MM/SW pack is 2-per case, so there are multiples, but I've never seen more than 1 case of these at a given time/place, and I don't expect to see Angel/Warpath in stores any more since folks are paying the bucks on ebay.

Does anyone know of any online site offering case pre-orders for Series 31 with 3-3-3-3 ratios? I could use some extra Angels for a possible holiday idea. Thanks!

Personally I thought it was pretty punny. Just don't make a hobbit of it.

Enough! This is the Minimate Multiverse, not Irregular Webcomic! :lol:

Nobody ever mentions obscure as heebleman webcomics. What else do you do, fly North for the WINTER*, as in disturbing and evil, like MrDisturbo?

Edited by super spider piggy

I called my local TRU from work this morning, and they actually had both exclusives. I had to convince the manager to hold them for me for an hour. She finally agreed, but if someone came in and asked for them she was going to give it to them. Then, I had to convince my wife to wake up and go get them for me. I had her pick up the Vault guard/wolvie set as well.

I called my local TRU from work this morning, and they actually had both exclusives. I had to convince the manager to hold them for me for an hour. She finally agreed, but if someone came in and asked for them she was going to give it to them. Then, I had to convince my wife to wake up and go get them for me. I had her pick up the Vault guard/wolvie set as well.

So the good news is, you got the minimates... the bad news is you now owe her... a favor. <insert scary musical sting!>

bah... mine still hasn't got them! i work right next to a TRU and go in like 3 times a week they probably think i'm so weird... i remember when i was little i had no problem asking the workers to grab boxes of X-Men out of the back, but now i get so nervous to say anything to them!

So the good news is, you got the minimates... the bad news is you now owe her... a favor. <insert scary musical sting!>

But that's how the karma works, sometimes you get a little, sometimes you give a little....

Minimate collecting is like life... it's easier if you don't have to go through it alone.

To Cappy --- I also live in the pacific northwest and have been collecting now 16 years the T.R.U. always keeps me in the loop after all the bad talk over the years about the place i have had a great relationship with them -the t.r.u. on the west coast just got a new trucking compony running all the toys around and the dont even get a manafest untill the day before it arrives and that has gotton out of control as well anywhere from wed-to sat. i know that dosnt answere why we are still out of the loop with the new wave but when i here next weeks list of goodies ill post imediatly hopfully with good news

Thanks, eclipse. I see the Wave hit the Lynnwood store on Wednesday... I missed the exclusives because I remembered them getting as shipments on Thursdays. *sigh* Will have to keep on eye them, since the other stores in the area are clogged with older Marvel 'mates, the Lynnwood seems to be the only one moving through stock.

I know, dead horse, you've been through a lot already, but...

I still don't get why THIS was the one per case, instead of Molecule Man/Spider-Woman. Fans were able to get the variant Angel changed from the FA Angel, because the whole POINT was to be able to complete the team. Are folks going to be as gung-ho to order the X-Factor set?

My stomach turns every time I see the IM/Hulk sets on the pegs. If they were going to go with ANY 2 figures from that series, a combination among IM, Nick Fury, and Cap would have been a better way to go. But I'm not in marketing, so what do I know?

I still don't get why THIS was the one per case, instead of Molecule Man/Spider-Woman. Fans were able to get the variant Angel changed from the FA Angel, because the whole POINT was to be able to complete the team. Are folks going to be as gung-ho to order the X-Factor set?

My guess, MM/SW relates to a TRU exclusive. Angel completes a competitor's (however how minor) exclusive. Which would you think TRU is more interested in carrying? Frankly, I'm surprised the set is in TRU at all.

My guess, MM/SW relates to a TRU exclusive. Angel completes a competitor's (however how minor) exclusive. Which would you think TRU is more interested in carrying? Frankly, I'm surprised the set is in TRU at all.

I'm not surprised that TRU would carry the Angel pack. Sure, it helps complete the exclusive of a competitor, but what that means is that TRU gains some of its competitor's customers, at least for this pack.

How about an entire case of MM/SW & XFA/WP? Why do any of them need to be one per case? :huh:

Cause these guys are obscure even by geek standards? Cause at TRU even someone well known as Dr. Doom can peg warm? I mean, sure in theory equal case would be great... for the first shipment. After that, those two sets would set records for pegwarming.

Really?

Angel is obscure? Against the likes of Molecule Man?

as far as contemporary recognisablity goes, i reckon the Angel/Warpath characters get more readership than Molecule man/Spiderwoman.

I think what Mirymate said about MM/SW fitting in with the Toys'R'us exclusive, as opposed to the WP/Angel pack, which fits into an AFX exclusive set.

To your average TRU shopper, yes Angel is obscure. He is very very well known to comics readers. But he's barely been in two out of the last three X-Men animated series, and had a glorified cameo in X3. He doesn't even have the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends love that Iceman gets. To your average TRU shopper, Warpath is virtually unknown.

Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man... they've had their own movies, average people know them, and to TRU buyers, that's what they're looking for. The characters who are lesser known get short packed.

Now is Angel better known than the Molecule Man or Spider-Woman? Absolutely. No Question. But they tie into TRU's exclusive, geek outreach Secret Wars set. So when the call had to be made who gets two per case vrs who got one per'd, guess which one got the short end of the stick.

To your average TRU shopper, yes Angel is obscure. He is very very well known to comics readers. But he's barely been in two out of the last three X-Men animated series, and had a glorified cameo in X3. He doesn't even have the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends love that Iceman gets. To your average TRU shopper, Warpath is virtually unknown.

Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man... they've had their own movies, average people know them, and to TRU buyers, that's what they're looking for. The characters who are lesser known get short packed.

Now is Angel better known than the Molecule Man or Spider-Woman? Absolutely. No Question. But they tie into TRU's exclusive, geek outreach Secret Wars set. So when the call had to be made who gets two per case vrs who got one per'd, guess which one got the short end of the stick.

Yeah - ok, i get your logic. And you are most correct about Warpath having no mainstream media coverage.

I guess i'm just pouty cause i REALLY want that warpath figure! <_<