UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

...but I believe they're affiliated somehow with Wizard/Toyfare.

I believe you are correct about the connection between Toywiz and Wizard/Toyfare. I think I remember reading that the owners are brothers, and that Toyfare was accused of exagerating their price guide to Toywiz' benefit.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, they had these here at my local TRU! I picked up the Spider-Woman/ Molecule Man pack and the Spidey/Electro pack.

I love Electro and Spider-Woman, they're both fantastic 'mates to add to my Spider-Man family lineup! Insulated Spidey isn't a variant I particularly care about, but he looks good.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with Molecule Man...

Btw if you guys are looking for moonstone/bullseye, its for sale for $16.99 on toywiz

http://www.toywiz.com/marvelminiexcl.html

They also have the Harley Quinn set. I would like some advice from you, the more experienced collectors. Is the Harley Quinn/Joker and Bullseye/Moonstone set worth buying from toywiz? They seem a bit expensive but I don't know where else to get them from as I haven't had much luck on ebay

Having bought from them before, chances are it'll either be "delayed", or on "pre-order." If your lucky you'll receive it 4 months later or get another item. <_<

Anybody got the other X-Factor Angel that has two right arms? I got the one with two left arms. Looking to trade if anyone else is in a similar situation. DST can't help since it's a TRU exclusive and they don't have any spares. :(

4003886638_1ccb4d4aa7.jpg

He's supposed to be like that... it's his "funky chicken" action feature.

Sure it's the super rare "Marauders just beat the hell out of him" variant, complete with amputatable wings.

Hey Storm, if nobody comes through for you, the fix is really fairly easy. Just pull the arm apart and file down, oh-so-slightly, the square corners on his elbow joint. Snap the arm back together and Angel can look normal. Granted, he'll have a double-jointed right arm, but that's better than stuck backwards.

Edited by Cappy

I was about to recommend the same thing Cappy did. I've "repaired" one or two wonky mates that way. I've never had to pull the arm apart as well -- just bend it a full 90 degrees, and file or shear away at the exposed corner.

Edited by lastmaximal

I found 2/3 sets I wanted out of ths one. No Angel for me. I think I'll just screw it and go for the first appearance one when it's released.

Got the Electro set and the Ultimates though. The only one I'm keeping for now is Electro (Literally the only one. I left Spidey dejected and alone in the box.) for the rest are becoming Christmas gifts from my grandmother.

And he is amazing! I LOVE this Minimate. He's everything I wanted from a mini of Electro. Everything!

Saw the wave at my local TRU, but sadly, like alot of other boardies, the warpath/angel, and Molocule man/Spiderwoman packs were gone.

ANd sadly, I found that none of the 3 TRU's anywhere near me stock Terminator mates.

Vigilance has paid off (like, going to the same TRU EVERYDAY for weeks vigilance)

They finally got the Marvel mates in, and I got there to find the Angel pack right up front. There were so many pkgs on the pegs, I thought they got 2 cases in, but it was a Ghostbusters 2 case. I left the other MM/SW set for some lucky gal, guy or scalper.

they also got more BSG craft.

Saw the wave at my local TRU, but sadly, like alot of other boardies, the warpath/angel, and Molocule man/Spiderwoman packs were gone.

ANd sadly, I found that none of the 3 TRU's anywhere near me stock Terminator mates.

Hey, Doc, I see you're listed as Torrance. Do you happen to visit the TRU across the street from the Del Amo?

Hey Storm, if nobody comes through for you, the fix is really fairly easy. Just pull the arm apart and file down, oh-so-slightly, the square corners on his elbow joint. Snap the arm back together and Angel can look normal. Granted, he'll have a double-jointed right arm, but that's better than stuck backwards.

I was about to recommend the same thing Cappy did. I've "repaired" one or two wonky mates that way. I've never had to pull the arm apart as well -- just bend it a full 90 degrees, and file or shear away at the exposed corner.

Thanks for the tips! I'm just hesitant to do any surgery yet. Maybe I'll try a test operation on a spare mate. Where's that Riot Spidey when you need it?

sorry if this question has already been asked, guys... but what's the deal with that little silver 'exclusive' sticker on BOTH the angel/warpath AND molecule man/spiderwoman sets ? i thought just the angel/warpath set was the short-packed set in this series? i had no prob finding the molecule man set yesterday... in fact there were 3 of 'em still on the shelves.

what gives???

that facial expression on poor ol' angel cracked me the hell up, by the way. :lol:

Finally!! After 3 weeks of looking I found one case at my local TRU. Thankfully, it was a full case so I could get one of each pack. Excellent mates and probably the best TRU wave so far.

The only negative is Electro's mask. The paintjob is horrible. The yellow bleeds into the black portion all over and there are black speckles in parts of the yellow. <_<