UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

The Good News: They're out in stores now. Found 9 2-packs from Wave 4 today at my local TRU here in Iowa. Thankfully one Molecule Man / Spider-Woman set left for me :)

The Bad News: I'm at work so no pics until later tonight at the earliest.

Now quit reading the board and go check TRU.

EDIT: Just realized which packs were missing - the Angel / Warpath. Now my happy buzz of finding these has been replaced with sadness of missing Angel & Warpath.

Remaining Minimates were 3 Spidey / Electro, 3 Iron Man / Hulk, and 2 Wolverine / Guardsman.

EDIT: Removed inaccurate case assortment info.

Edited by boyd

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good News: They're out in stores now. Found 9 2-packs from Wave 4 today at my local TRU here in Iowa. Thankfully one Molecule Man / Spider-Woman set left for me :)

The Bad News: I'm at work so no pics until later tonight at the earliest.

Now quit reading the board and go check TRU.

dammit!! I mean Wahoo!!! I need some of these in this set, might need to alter our trade good buddy :)

Jeff of the Miniacs

Should you grab Insulated Spidey/Electro and X-Force Wolvie/Guardsman now? Or wait for the regular waves?

In my case, I don't worry unless it isn't available in a regular release. My TRU is notorious for not stocking Marvel, which is a shame since TRU.com is equally excited about denying me access to them. So, when looking for deals on eBay or begging for assistance from the board, I can't afford to be picky about getting the entire TRU series.

Are the Iron Man and Hulks from the Ultimates series?

yea the iron man and hulk in this wave are the ultimate versions

Ahh... the return of the Advanced Wave Crisis.

Should you grab Insulated Spidey/Electro and X-Force Wolvie/Guardsman now? Or wait for the regular waves?

well I personally will go for them early since its fun to play with new mates before their respective waves come out....and an extra army builder never hurts even if its one that I am not planning on building a large collection of

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yup - both from the Ultimates wave.

As for North Raider's question - pass on Spidey-Electro (have him on order already) but bought the Wolvie / Guardsman (parts for customs, plus I'm thinking of army-building Guardsmen).

Boyd, any chance you saved the packaging an can furnish a UPC or SKU number?

Yup - both from the Ultimates wave.

As for North Raider's question - pass on Spidey-Electro (have him on order already) but bought the Wolvie / Guardsman (parts for customs, plus I'm thinking of army-building Guardsmen).

Boyd, any chance you saved the packaging an can furnish a UPC or SKU number?

EDIT 9/30: Now with better information

SKU numbers from the receipt:

699788727515 - Wolverine / Vault Guard

699788720301 - Insulated Spidey / Electro

699788727232 - Molecule Man / Spider-Woman

699788719770 - Ultimate Iron Man / Ultimate Hulk

Edited by boyd

Well, I guess I'll be rejoining the Scalper Society meeting this Friday morning at TRU.

Please take a video this time and share it, Mirymate. Your story sounds too funny.

Yes please do. I stopped by TRU a few minutes ago and while there were no new Minimates I do think that it is worth mentioning that the Marvel Minimates have gone up in price to $7.49 from $6.99 a two pack. The BSG are still $6.99. I hope that my TRU will have them stocked tomorrow as they usually put out the new Minimates on Thursday.

Do you guys think they will add these to the Toys R Us website since the exclusives for the other minimate lines have shown up there?

Since TRU.com reads all non-movie Marvel Mates as one item (BSG and GB's two waves were regarded as two different items) the only way we'll see them on-line is when the remaining supply of wave 1 has disappeared.

But hey, they're down to just 2 Hulk/Domination sets and 11 Kravens/Spideys (not as catchy a band name as "44 Kravens") so maybe someday in the near future Marvel Comic waves will appear up on-line, heck if someone wants to spend $97 + S&H + taxes if applicable to clear out their remaining stock we might be able to see WAVE 4 on-line!

and then we'll all bitch and moan they shipped them by gluing a stamp on the actual minimates and tossing them in a mailbox, and then we'll have to wait for the 128 Ultimates 2-packs and 73 Spiderman/Electros to sell out before we can get another new wave in.

After much delays, I present pictures of the three packs that I bought:

Package Shots:

post-66-1254362101_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362112_thumb.jpg

post-66-1254362124_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362129_thumb.jpg

post-66-1254362135_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362141_thumb.jpg

post-66-1254362149_thumb.jpg

post-66-1254362154_thumb.jpg

post-66-1254362158_thumb.jpg

Loose Shots

Molecule Man

post-66-1254362165_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362169_thumb.jpg

Spider-Woman

post-66-1254362180_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362176_thumb.jpg

Wolverine

post-66-1254362185_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362189_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362194_thumb.jpg

A note: Wolverine does not come with new sculped "double-ring" boots or gauntlets - instead it's two wrist bands or cuff bands that are stacked together.

post-66-1254362198_thumb.jpg

Vault Guard

post-66-1254362202_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362206_thumb.jpg post-66-1254362209_thumb.jpg

The Guard comes with matching hands and feet, so you can swap out parts and make him into the classic Guardsman from old Iron Man comics (nice touch, Diamond)

post-66-1254362213_thumb.jpg

I didn't take any loose pictures of the Ultimate Iron Man or Hulk because from just looking at them I can't see any differences. I've also gone back and posted some correct SKU codes for these guys in a previous post on the first page. And if anyone has any picture requests, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Great pics! I'm so looking forward to picking up a Molecule man.

This is really a good news/bad news situation: the good news is, we've got new minimates at TRU! The bad news is, the new minimates are at TRU.

Ooooooh Man!!!

Thx a TON for the pics.

Still want Reuse Reese and the bain of BHM's bloodpressure.

But MAN, now I want that Guardsman sooooooooo bad! Thank the Good Lord for pre-Ordering.