UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

I've been told I'm too critical of them, so I'll probably keep my opinion closely on that front.

Sounds a bit ominous. . .

One thing I will say positively about TRU online--their customer support are fantastic. Quick response time, and they couldn't be much more helpful. The fact that I have had enough experiences to know their customer service so well is unfortunate, however.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask to look it up and they give you some pat answer, you're asking it wrong.

You hand them a shelf tag and say "Here, see if you have any in the back." They look it up on a computer, you watch over their shoulder and actually SEE if there are any in the back room. It'll be on the second bar down on the right in SIS. If there aren't any, it'll be empty. If there is, there will be a BIN # and a case count.

I'm in TRU on a weekly basis. I worked there for 2 years. People still don't know what I'm looking for.

If you ask to look it up and they give you some pat answer, you're asking it wrong.

. . .

People still don't know what I'm looking for.

So. . .you are asking it wrong? :blink:

there was a time when I asked about "ghostbusters minimates" and was told they didn't have any; when I asked for "gb minimates" I was Tod they had them (this was without a stock number)

*sigh*...went out on a toy run today. I was very happily able to see Wave 4, and picked up a Wolvie/Vault Guard and Spider-woman/Molecule Man; these two were, of course, the two i voted for in the polls seeing as how i wanted them the most. I just FIGURES though that the ONLY TWO packs gone were a Spidey-woman and the friggin Angel/Warpath set!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, i fucking hate scalpers. Sure, i'll buy the X-factor set anyway, but not having Angel will just suck.

None in the back either. I want to thank for that advice in the above posts, while it worked, still nada. So lets review; today, from, hitting up a TRU and a WalMart i aquired:

Wolvie/Guard

SpW/MM

NO Angel/Warpath

NO DCUC Wave 10

Disgusting cigarette smoke x4

Rude WalMart peoples

Seeing a woman go batsh!t crazy at a dead bird

Okay, the last one was funny as hell and the Minimates weren't a total loss (all except Wolvie were fantastic; his face is too low, tampos suck, and has two left arms :(), but all in all the day was awful...

Oh, and i did finally see Mini-flyers, but passed because of how big this week is gonna be for Comics and Minimates; shame...i wanted those two Vipers...

I just FIGURES though that the ONLY TWO packs gone were a Spidey-woman and the friggin Angel/Warpath set!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, i fucking hate scalpers.

Given that they left you the second Spider-woman set, I'm guessing this was a collector not a scalper that got there ahead of you... but yes, scalpers do suck!

My wife found a Toys r us store called holiday express at a mall this weekend. She called me to see if there was anything I was looking for. This store ended up having the latest wave of the ROC GI joe line. But they also had the ever elusive Wave 4. They only had 1 of each 2 pack but she picked up both exclusive packs for me.

I decided to read up about this temporary store and I guess there will be over 300 holiday express shops set up in either malls or in babies r us locations. Look for the exclusives at these stores. Good luck hunting all!

I went to some in dallas and they clearly had no idea as to what needed to be stocked in a mall store. It was more random than the toy aisles at ross or marshalls. A sliver of every section of a TRU store packed into a KB Toys sized store. Needless to say, no minimates.

I was in Dallas today and picked up the whole lot! The Warpath/Angel was by the Marvel minimates, and the rest were all on the collectible aisle. I did my happy dance right then and there. I really hope I get about a 2-3 month break between the next TRU exclusives. The hunt is wearing me down. (BTW, this was at the TRU in Allen of 75)

Edited by cesium salami

I stopped at a Toys'R'Us that doesn't ever get anything in - no matter the toyline...all they had was one Ult.Hulk pack left.

This is getting ridiculous/depressing.

Before Bullseye/Moonstone, I never had a problem finding TRU exclusives. I still have never seen a BE/MS, let alone the ones I want from this wave.

F*** you, DST. F*** you, TRU.

Finally got to TRU this morning while leaving the doctor's office (haven't been in a few weeks). They also had a sole crap-timates Hulk and Iron Man 2-pack!

F*** you, DST. F*** you, TRU.

QFT

If not for helpful boardies (thanks, Madman!), I would have to resort solely to eBay for the Marvel exclusives. I only saw a single Union Jack pack in a Toys R Us off the interstate several months after they were first released. I've been fortunate to find some Ghostbusters, but probably only because they weren't on the Marvel/DC aisle, which seems to get pillaged daily in the hunt for the DCUC figures.

I really don't like sounding bitter here, but if I and others don't post, DST/TRU/whomever may not get the message. So. . . .this sucks, fellas.

Edited by karamazov80

Unlike Hasbro, I think DST makes great products. I really do. I admire all who work in the creative department (like Chuck & Matt). I want to keep giving them my money.

But like Hasbro (and Mattel), this distribution is a joke, and needs to change, soon. If I can't find their products, I can't give them my money. Instead, my money has to go to scalpers who don't have 40 hour a week jobs that keeps them from stalking toy stores.

And, while no one will believe me, I'd still be this angry if I found everything I wanted as easily as I wanted, because it still wouldn't change the fact that not everyone who wants them can find them. Again, hard as it is to believe, I'm not a selfish, little brat.

This is just ridiculous.

(And, look at that, an entire post sans obscenities. ;))

Edited by TENIME_art

Unlike Hasbro, I think DST makes great products. I really do. I admire all who work in the creative department (like Chuck & Matt). I want to keep giving them my money.

But like Hasbro (and Mattel), this distribution is a joke, and needs to change, soon. If I can't find their products, I can't give them my money. Instead, my money has to go to scalpers who don't have 40 hour a week jobs that keeps them from stalking toy stores.

And, while no one will believe me, I'd still be this angry if I found everything I wanted as easily as I wanted, because it still wouldn't change the fact that not everyone who wants them can find them. Again, hard as it is to believe, I'm not a selfish, little brat.

This is just ridiculous.

(And, look at that, an entire post sans obscenities. ;))

*WARNING*

*OBCENITIES TO FOLLOW*

FUCKING AYE!!!!!!!!

You're welcome :)

When I was an undergrad, I was initially startled to find out that members of the student government all received "golden parking passes," that allowed them to park. . .wherever they wanted to, whenever they wanted to, basically (I wouldn't be surprised if they were allowed to park in the handicapped spaces).

My initial surprise turned to anger, when I realized what was going on--the University was coopting the SGA membership. Not only so that they wouldn't make strong complaints against the parking situation, but also that they wouldn't generally rock the boat too hard. But then, my anger turned to acceptance, as I realized that this was a mutually beneficial exchange, between two rational agents. If I were in either situation, I would behave similarly. Then, my acceptance shifted back to furious anger, as I realized that I was not, in fact, either of these actors, and instead was the poor shmoe who got screwed having to walk 2 miles away from my dorm to the car whenever I wanted to get some groceries!

In other words, DST/TRU, if you are reading this, TENIME stands alone here. Just send me the exclusives directly whenever they are released, and I won't ever complain again. Honest. I'll even defend you, as difficult as that might be! As long as I am satisfied, then all will be right in my world :D

Seriously though, make these available to the Multiverse membership, and we will sing your praises. Fail to do so, and I can't be held responsible for what "we" do. This is not a threat, it is friendly advice :)

Edited by karamazov80

In other words, DST/TRU, if you are reading this, TENIME stands alone here. Just send me the exclusives directly whenever they are released, and I won't ever complain again. Honest. I'll even defend you, as difficult as that might be! As long as I am satisfied, then all will be right in my world :D

:lol:

Nice pics and I like the display cases in the rear. Is that a yellow electric bolt for Electro?

Yup; just like the concept art, he gets 2 (??) yellow bolts that fit over his hands!! Storm will get the same; while i haven't bought Electro yet, because either he or Spidey SUCK in all the packs here, they are really nice looking pieces and can be used for, well, any kind of energy; hell, i plan to Sharpy a few green and give them to the Lanterns!! :P

Oh...pink ones might work for that new Surfer...