UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine moviemates wave 2

MINI_MYTE

Just found pics of the TRU exclusive Wolverine moviemates series 2 at the Art Asylum blogs. Enjoy!

Looks like the wave will include:

• battle damaged Wolverine & Gambit (new)
  • Logan & Sabretooth (re-release)
  • special ops Wolverine & Deadpool (re-release)
  • origins Wolverine & Agent Zero (re-release)
  • WWII Wolverine & final battle Deadpool (new)
Edited by MINI_MYTE

I agree with groundhog. The uproar is going to be small, mainly because it's a major re-release with only 2 new packs. Hopefully there's two of each of the new ones, though; i still want Gambit and Deadpool.

I gotta say, seeing their Gambit makes me glad i made one; i just don't like it. It doesn't look like Taylor Kisch at all; too mad, and the "beard" is ridiculous. I like mine a lot more. Here's hoping that he comes with Wave 28 Gambit's cards.

And Boyd, that's pretty funy. Until you look at the fact that he is our FIRST EVER BD Wolverine. (Besides Zombie...technically...)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I could see these being three per case and the other three as two per case since they've already been out. Of course, this is TRU...

And it's weird to think there are a total 15 Origins figures being made and over half were exclusive to TRU. For all the trouble they've stirred up, TRU has definitely made a huge impact on the number of Minimates that are being made.

:D im so glad that they paired end deadpool(wich im suprised wasent titled as weapon xi)and ww11 wolverine together that way im not pressured to get the gambit pack(i will anyway) but i think these lok great

I like the new packs. These will be a definate get for me. Though I wish the BD Wolverine was more damaged. They really blow Spider-Man up but Wolvie is barely scratched. And I love the Royally Pissed looks on BD Wolvie.

Barakapool I like mostly because he's another badass looking villain. Though I hope they do his hands more justice than the prototype did. The cutoff Wolverine hand is just a little... wrong for him.

Dear God NO.......

The TRU near me is clogged up with the original Wolverine movie wave minimates! Between those and the Heroes/villains sets wolverine was in 11 of 13 packs still on the shelves!!!

And there is STILL no sign of the BE/MS wave here!

I guess the good news is that it's always about a month before I see any new stuff in TRU after others see them in store!

T.

Dear God NO.......

I'm in about the same boat. I finally managed to chisel down the Hero/Villains/Wolverine sets to warrant a restock, and they threw more Heroes/Villains sets on the shelf. To top it off, they've lessened Minimate shelf space to two pegs instead of the once prominent three. I had to resort to eBay just to guarantee I'd get a Bullseye/Moonstone set. I'm not sure if Wolverine warrants a whole wave in my territory.

I checked the levels of the previously released ones on TRUs site and it looks like there's probably still enough of the ones with Deadpool and Sabertooth to keep them from getting this wave on-line. Yeah, it's total speculation, but it makes some sense to me (I'd love to be wrong, though).

I'll never admit to saying this, but... I can understand a Spider-Man in every wave, but Wolvie doesn't seem to sell quite so well. Wolverine packs are about all that's left at my TRU, also. (Of course, putting Spidey in a Wolverine movie wave is a challenge, but surely Chuck is up for the challenge!)

So if the new Wolverine material is part of a re-release wave, what is going to ship with the Secret Wars and X-factor Angel 2 packs? THAT'S the question.

So if the new Wolverine material is part of a re-release wave, what is going to ship with the Secret Wars and X-factor Angel 2 packs? THAT'S the question.

If we're lucky, a reissue of Bullseye/Moonstone with an apology slapped on the box instead of a TRU sticker.

More likely, though, it'll just be some reissues of some of the other recent Marvel stuff from the LCS waves.

I'll never admit to saying this, but... I can understand a Spider-Man in every wave, but Wolvie doesn't seem to sell quite so well. Wolverine packs are about all that's left at my TRU, also. (Of course, putting Spidey in a Wolverine movie wave is a challenge, but surely Chuck is up for the challenge!)

I have posted this before, but I think there isn't so much an over-estimation of Wolverine's popularity, so much as an over-estimation of the popularity of boring Logan version of Wolverine. Give him an exciting outfit and, preferably, a mask, and he will probably sell quite well. Spidey is almost always wearing his mask when released, and he has a very cool outfit that is usually only tweaked a bit. Visually, I don't mind buying more Spideys because they always stand out in my collection and look great, but how many Logans wearing a jacket or wife-beater can one man need?

I'll probably pass on both of these sets.

Edited by karamazov80

i know this is rare but i like the wolverine moviemates and this wave i prefer to the other non tru wave but to me this is theTRU (true :P ) wolverine wave if only there was an easy way to get in the uk? :huh:

i know this is rare but i like the wolverine moviemates and this wave i prefer to the other non tru wave but to me this is theTRU (true :P ) wolverine wave if only there was an easy way to get in the uk? :huh:

Ok that was completely unreadable, punctuation is your frind ML5K!

T.

I'm curious what the case pack ratio with be. Hopefully more of the new sets than the repacks. Any ideas on when these should hit stores? I'm guessing if history repeats itself it will be in just a few weeks.

Also, it's interesting that they repack the TRU Agent Zero set, but not Silver Fox. From what I've seen the Silver Fox set has sold better than Agent Zero. Still Silver Fox probably was produced in pretty high numbers.

Ok that was completely unreadable, punctuation is your frind ML5K!

T.

lol

sorry,i will try to include mor punctuation from now on tbt :biggrin:

Still Silver Fox probably was produced in pretty high numbers.

According to DST's response re: Bullseye/Moonstone, we get more cases of TRU releases than we do regular, comic shop releases. I believe the exclusives from the first Wolvie: Origins wave were released 2 per case (someone correct me if I am wrong). As such, there should be many more of both packs than you would find of, say, variants in a typical wave.

Edited by karamazov80

I think it's interesting they repacked any of the W:O sets. They're all pegwarming at my local tru, and Silver Fox and Agent Zero are both available online still. Most of the other minimates move somewhat quickly, but these guys just linger. I think it goes to what Karamzov said- when it's all said and done, getting all of the W:O sets leaves you with 8 Logans (aka hairy, almost-bearded guy) and zero Wolverines in costume.

It's been a long day & when I saw this thread I actually wondered who/why was 'this' being necro'd? Obviously I now realise that this is the 2nd TRU Wolverine Wave ........I really don't get why they're doing this ? Surely (yeah that's dead now ;) ) I can't be the only person sick to death of Wolverine Minimates?

Answering my own question......I think a lot of us are !