UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

Am I the only one that thinks the Capt Britain looks off? ]

It might be the angle but the face looks too narrow and squished?

Otherwise nice waves, some I like/want some I'm not so worried about!

T.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that the little tuning fork on Black Bolt's mask is actually sculpted on. I would've figured it'd be one of DST's cost-cutting casualties what with the intricate detailing involved... thank the almighty Minimate gods I'm wrong. And his pleats! :D

Other things I love (give me a moment):

-Yellowjacket. Yes.

-Kree army-builders! Seriously DST, you're scaring me by actually bending to our wacky character whims so much.

-Jamie Madrox, a daring yet logical choice. Beautiful. Hope we don't run out of good wave army-builder ideas too soon.

-Captain Britain: totally wasn't expecting that! Total aces on scratching him off MMMV's Most Wanted List!

-Sweet and adorable Kitty Pryde. Lockheed was an incredibly awesome touch.

-Cable, who looks like he could be Movie Assault Punisher's long-lost brother what with all the gear he'd been sandwiched with.

-Titanium Man. A character I'm barely familiar with, but a most welcome addition to the Minimate ranks nonetheless.

-Extremis Iron Man. Yes, I actually like this one. A great improvement over the Civil War armor, yet still distinct enough from the movie look. Yup, love it.

Everything else I'm somewhat lukewarm to, but I'm excited nonetheless. The blue Angel would be great to have should the Champions one prove tricky to find, while Silver Age Angel is a fun variant. Goliath and X-23 look underwhelming to me, but they're still great to have. And Mar-Vell... well, I sorta expected him to have a more "feathered" hairstyle. :P

Anyway, thus concludes my Sort-Of Ode To The Newly-Unveiled Waves. I think I just heard my wallet suffer another stroke.

T.

i am with you...i think it is the cheekbone detailing, making him look like his lips are pursed, or he just took a big bite of lemon. didnt you make a custom of him with a slip over mask, but with the mouthpart cut out? whoever made that one, that would have been a better way to go.

And I dont think the kree soldier has a molded nose...i think it is just the lines and angle of the picture make it seem so.

T.

I think Cap B's got a slip over head piece T. Excuse me a minute...

FANGASM!!!

I'm sorry I just fangasmed.

I'm soooooo pleased that there's finally a Captain Britain minimate and even more pleased that they've gone for the classic 80's and 90's look rather than the contemporary version. I'm also pleased to see Yellowjacket, Black Bolt and Captain Marvel. But you know what... There's not a single duff looking 'mate in those sets. Good work DST. Can't wait to get my hands on these little fellas.

Did I mention how eternally grateful I am that Black Bolt/Mar-Vell are a regular wave pack rather than that dreaded TRU exclusive? Seriously DST, thank you :)

I'll say it before someone else gets to it:

WHERE'S KANG?!?

Wave 33 ;)

Oh, and murderofcrows actually beat you to it :lol:

I'm actually rather impressed with this wave. Moreso than I was with the last two announced. The only figures I do not like are X-23 (Cause I'm not a fan of her character), Kitty (though an improvement over the other, still not the best of the wave), Britain (I should like him, but the face is, as Tim said, off.), and Cable (again, not liking the character breeds contempt. But I gotta admit, he's well done.)

The rest, HELL YEAH! Like Both, Marvel, and Angel, LOVE Titanium Man. Major villain for Iron Man, can't complain. Though wouldn't this spot be better suited for Mandarin? With Variant Mandroid? Or something.

I like the way they got around the problem of Blackbolts wings. I would say that this will be the way they do say someone like Morbius. It could also be the way they can do Falcon and Vulture just with a different wing shape.

LOVE Titanium Man. Major villain for Iron Man, can't complain. Though wouldn't this spot be better suited for Mandarin? With Variant Mandroid? Or something.

Tru dat for Titanium Man!

I actually think that Mandarin would make for a crappy minimate and woulr rather have a ton of other IM villians first, the most obvious is Crimson Dynamo, with ghost and whiplash,blizzard etc coming up close behind close behind!

I think they should do army builder mandroids with guys in shield gear underneath a double whammy of army builder goodness if you ask me.

I do have to say though that I feel we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves (I still dont have wave #25 - fuck you corner store comics!). They are showing #31 & #32 that's five whole waves... 30+ minimates coming up that we know about in advance and that's just the waves not including box sets etc. These being so far out really means that I'm not going to get too excited yet, lets face it how long ago did it seem we heard about the deadpool wave and still dont have it in hand?

T.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: this is just super awsome my thoughts

there all mates ive been waiting for exept blue angel(sine i feel weve already got him)

blue angel:again it feels like this a mate we already have just get the varient archangel give him champions head and wings with exception of his hair

original angel: this is great news because now this means the x-men thing on afxs blog must mean original x-men set and x-factor set

captain marvel: a mate ive been waiting for evering thing looks goog except the head i was hoping it would be a new mask instead of hairpiece and a painted face

blackbolt: this mate just looks awsome the wings look perfect

captain brittian: i had hi hopes for this mate it looks good but the pullover mask makes me sick

shadow cat:lockheed looks awsome

multiple man: looks ok im just glad they made him

extremis ironman: looks awsome im so glad they remade him the last one sucked

titanium man: he looks good a little simple but looks usable

x-23:she looks perfect i hope her feet have claws to now they have to make the group

cable:looks awsome yes a cable that looks worthy of being displayed with the upcoming deadpool

yellow jacket: looks great i like the way they did the chest

kree soilder: another awsome army builder

goliath: yay more pyms

Whew, glad I didn't pre-order the Champions Box set just for Angel! This is much better for the X-Men collectors, in my opinion. Very satisfied with this lot, and I haven't even got my Wave 28 pre-orders yet. Lockheed is a great addition, Multiple Man is fantastic. I can't wait. :turned:

Edit: It's cool that they put the two Angel variants with Multiple Man figures so that if you buy both you can have a pair of Multiples.

Edited by shanezey

I do have to say though that I feel we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves (I still dont have wave #25 - fuck you corner store comics!). They are showing #31 & #32 that's five whole waves... 30+ minimates coming up that we know about in advance and that's just the waves not including box sets etc. These being so far out really means that I'm not going to get too excited yet, lets face it how long ago did it seem we heard about the deadpool wave and still dont have it in hand?

And here I was thinking I was the only one concerned.

Wave 26-now-28 was first unveiled at the end of October last year. And now almost nine months later we're getting four more waves and Heaven knows how many (scratch that, SEVEN!) boxsets coming in the pipeline. And we're still just in the middle of getting Wave 25 (the first wave with official army-builders in it). And that's not even mentioning the TRU waves and Ghostbusters and BSG's comeback. Good gravy, no wonder we're all feeling broke.

Awesome line-up, these just keep getting better! Kudos to AFX too for organizing box sets to coincide with these...but where's my Inhumans set (I know, "wrong thread" but it's relevant). These all look fantastic; I can't wait!

I wouldn't worry too much about lack-of-Kang, I have a strong feeling that Series 33 will be Avengers related (does anyone else see a Swordsman 'mate with that Kree mask + Wolvy shoulders + Cap boots and gloves? If not, I know what my next custom will be! ;) ). I suspect we'll be getting some Iron Man villains too with the upcoming movie sequel.

*Namor is so getting a set of those Black Bolt wings! B)

Getting an Excalibur 2-pack and "losing" mohawk Storm on the same day is kind of like getting handed $100 then punched in the face, but I think the good outweighs the bad on this one (by exactly one unit of Lockheed!)

Re: that slightly dodgy face -- a Captain Britain with a slip-over mask is still a Captain Britain, and that's one Captain Britain more than I thought DSTChuck would ever authorize production of... so, I'm good :)

Re: the infinite wait for previewed waves -- I find my anticipation burns completely away well before any given wave is released these days, but it still bursts right back to life once they're hitting stores.

These sets are amazing. Let's just hope DST doesn't make Shadowcat have any traslucent (phasing) body parts. I remember the turmoil Kitty's first minimate created when they didn't make her solid looking.

And a question for all you Multiple Man fans. Is that minimate a good representation of how Madrox looks currently in the comic pages?

Just gotta say I love the Shadowcat, Captain Marvel and retro X-force Cable the best. Well done DST!

Edited by MINI_MYTE