UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

These sets are amazing. Let's just hope DST doesn't make Shadowcat have any traslucent (phasing) body parts. I remember the turmoil Kitty's first minimate created when they didn't make her solid looking.

And a question for all you Multiple Man fans. Is that minimate a good representation of how Madrox looks currently in the comic pages?

Just gotta say I love the Shadowcat, Captain Marvel and retro X-force Cale the best. Well done DST!

re madrox

the face and hair are a bit off....too gritty for my liking but I'll still take many many MANY of him lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cable steals the show. I'm so glad I never bothered getting the old one. Yellowjacket is way cool, The Kree (so glad hes blue), Blackbolt! I'm really happy were getting Capt Britain, Shadow Cat, and Maddrox. Sadly, it just reminds me that I wont have a Nightcrawler unless I'm willing to shell out a ton of dough on eBay. The only one out of both line ups I could care less about is X-23.

After reading the TRU Secret Wars boxset this is absolute joy. I hope the Madrox comes with a spin around head so we can have different expressions.

I'm hoping for a reversible head as well. While they're at it they should work on the one they have, because as was mentioned, it looks a little off. Still, one of my most wanted characters, so I can't really complain.

Lockheed will be the best minimate accessory ever.

Oh my, i think i just came a little bit :blink:

That Cable is the Cable i have been hanging out for since we first got that skinny old man with no detailing back in wave 11.

An awesome new kitty to replace the Farrah Fawcett haired thing we got in wave 13 (yeah - i know this kitty has big hair too, but it's appropriate this time. Joss Whedon Kitty should have had a pony tail. This kitty looks like it re-uses storms 'Puffy Sleeves' - another great touch!

MADROX!!!!! X-Factor is one of my favourite books at the moment. I love that we are getting him! Hope he has a slightly neater looking face though.

Cap B means there is room for Megan in an Excalibur Box Set! (Megan, Phoenix, New Nightcrawler & . . . oh dear. who will take the 4th place now that kitty has been done?)

Blue Angel is my favourite costume he's ever worn. I'm glad we are getting him.

Hopefully X23 means we might get a few more X-Force (C'mon on, make Domino!)

BlackBolt & Marvel ought to keep a few fan boys on this board happy.

I'm loving Yellow Jackets design (even though i haven't read much of him as a character)

I welcome any Villain that gets made - so i'm quite chuffed about Titanium Man!

Edit: It's cool that they put the two Angel variants with Multiple Man figures so that if you buy both you can have a pair of Multiples.
True Dat - i was kind of bummed when the X-Men wave features skrulls as the army builders over, say Hellfire Goons. Keeping it 'in the family' like this (a mostly X wave with X army builders) makes me a happy camper.

After reading the TRU Secret Wars boxset this is absolute joy. I hope the Madrox comes with a spin around head so we can have different expressions.
Seconded.

And a question for all you Multiple Man fans. Is that minimate a good representation of how Madrox looks currently in the comic pages?
He's costume is accurate - but his hair & face are a little off. He's generally a little more clean-cut looking. Not so swarthy & unshaven. Although he has been facing a couple of personal crisis’ lately, so maybe this is meant to represent 'dark & broody' Jamie? Edited by Nessex

I am so happy that Minimates are still knocking it out of the park wave after wave. After quitting Marvel Legends, DCUC, and a few other lines that dies too early(comic Hellboy), Minimates are the only thing keeping me a toy collector. That being said, these mates all look so good that I'm even excited for X-23. The only way they could be more perfect would be for Marvel to loosen their height limit restriction on minis so we could get a Titanium Man using the 3" minimate body.

I... I can't contain my excitement. Excuse me while I go let it out outside.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now I have to ask, will the TRU exclusive Black Bolt/Captain Marvel be different from wave 31?

I've been searching for a suitable Lockheed, but the one I wanted to get that came with Kitty was just too expensive, and now I don't have to. THANK YOU DST/AA

Here's hoping we'll get an X-Force and a Silver Age X-Men wave next :D And even if they're only going to release one X-Man at a time as a variant per wave, I'd be okay with that.

Edited by Dio

Now I have to ask, will the TRU exclusive Black Bolt/Captain Marvel be different from wave 31?

Actually, i'm pretty sure that it was only ever said as "Black Bolt and Captain Marvel two-pack," not TRU two-pack. I think we all did that ourselves, because they just said two-pack and not part of a wave. ;)

Cap B means there is room for Megan in an Excalibur Box Set! (Megan, Phoenix, New Nightcrawler & . . . oh dear. who will take the 4th place now that kitty has been done?)

Wolfsbane, Douglock, Widget, a new Colossus, Moira MacTaggart (mini-Chuck needs some tail), Pete Wisdom? The team had a pretty high turnover rate... Though I think this 2-pack is likely to be instead of an Excalibur box set rather than complementing one (but boy would I love to be wrong!).

Okay, wow. Rocking awesome lineups! :banana::buttrock: I am seriously running out of Marvel minimate wishlist candidates, except for some of the off the wall stuff: Brother Voodoo, Man-Thing, Modok....

I like the Madrox choice, but I hope he comes with a hood or alternate head to create his "classic" look. The face doesn't look right on him either - when did he have a moustache?

Also, still not liking the slip on masks. Captain Britain and Goliath will need some work from me. I wonder why we get them with these two, but Black Bolt, Angel, Yellow Jacket, and the Kree look to have the regular slotted ones?

BTW, the Kree soldier I am super excited for. I will have a Kree/Skrull war in my living room, and when I am done, they all fit into a shoebox!

Edited by cesium salami

Happy day! I love the Cable and the Iron Man and think the rest of these just look friggin amazing! I hope they have these to see in the display case at the DST booth. . . .oh man that is only four days from now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would have been cooler to walk up to that case and see all these new ones there but this is still good to see these now.

Holy cow! Both of these waves look fantastic! I already know the following will be targeted to join my army of minimates:

- Captain Britain :captainbritain: - It's about time!

- Black Bolt

- Captain Marvel

- Yellow Jacket

- Kree

- Cable

- Extremis Iron Man

I do have to admit that I'm surprised the 70's styled Captain Britain or Genis Captain Marvel weren't the variants here. Oh well, these look great!

Okay, wow. Rocking awesome lineups! :banana::buttrock: I am seriously running out of Marvel minimate wishlist candidates, except for some of the off the wall stuff: Brother Voodoo, Man-Thing, Modok....

I like the Madrox choice, but I hope he comes with a hood or alternate head to create his "classic" look. The face doesn't look right on him either - when did he have a moustache?

Also, still not liking the slip on masks. Captain Britain and Goliath will need some work from me. I wonder why we get them with these two, but Black Bolt, Angel, Yellow Jacket, and the Kree look to have the regular slotted ones?

BTW, the Kree soldier I am super excited for. I will have a Kree/Skrull war in my living room, and when I am done, they all fit into a shoebox!

yeah, Madrox does need an alternate face on the opposite side.

Brother Voodoo is a possibility since he's getting an ongoing series this fall. My AIM army needs MODOK.

Sweet shit! That's the best ever!

I can't believe we're ACTUALLY getting a Titanium Man! That's the biggest shock of all.

What a great line-up! Black Bolt, Kree, Yellowjacket, Goliath, Titanium Man, Mar-Vell, Captain Britain, Shadowcat, two Angels!!

Wowee!! THE BEST EVER!

Series 31 includes:

Black Bolt - figure looks excellent. may be cool enough to get me into this character!

Captain Marvel - don't really know much about this guy but should go well with the kree and the dark avengers character

Captain Britain - ehhh. not such a fan.

Shadowcat - i love the costume and the way the torso looks but her face looks like rachel ray....

Angel - yay!!!! dope!

Multiple Man - i hope this also comes with the clean shaven "hooded" head seen in the current series

Silver Age Angel - very cool. im still waiting on my x-force one though! that is my favorite look for angel!

Extremis Iron Man - oh thank god, i was afraid we wouldnt get a 1000th iron man figure in this wave... actually, looks pretty awesome.

Titanium Man - good choice!!!

retro X-Force Cable - cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

modern X-Force X-23 - i LOVE THIS

Kree Soldier - wonderful!!!

Yellow Jacket - great figure! i only wish they had picked his current Wasp uniform! that thing rocks!!!

Goliath - awesome figure!

Im very happy, but very sad. This is my first time going to sdcc and my priority was minimates. I was really hoping to be blown away by new stuff on the shelves and reporting back at all the awesome, but with all these reveals so close together, what else will they have to suprise us with? I really hope I'm wrong.

However a blackheart and shuma gorath set would make me feel better...

sorry you feel that way zola but its still great to actullay see them less then an inch away

but im sure theyll be more like a gl avengers set(acording to dst matts wishlist) or two new x-men sets(because of afxs blog) anyway sorry if this is true and i just spoiled what could be your chance at news

My 5 second impressions/reviews of every figure...

Black Bolt: Looks pretty cool.

Captain Marvel: About what I'd expect.

Captain Britain: Head looks a little wonky to me, but happy to have him.

Shadowcat: Looks pretty awesome, hope she doesn't have the lame transparent arms again.

Lockheed: ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN AWESOME!

Angel: THIS is the Angel I've always wanted! My favorite costume! Sweet!

1st-App Angel: I hope this is an indication we'll get all 5 1st-App X-Men, becaus he's kinda lame on his own.

Multiple Man: I love the character, but I hate the look of this mate. Aside from the classic shirt, it doesn't read as Madrox to me.

Extremis Iron Man: Damn sight better than the civil war one, but still looks a little clunky.

Titanium Man: Kinda boring, IMO.

Retro X-Force Cable: DAMN that's a beefy minimate. I'd expect no less from 90s Cable though.

Modern X-Force X-23: I knew they'd make her eventually... at least she doesn't look too bad.

Kree Soldier: Basic Army builder. Cool but lame.

Yellow Jacket: Actually looks really sweet. Simple, but sweet.

Goliath: Well done, but kinda boring, same as tiny Giant Man was.

Edited by Gillbob316

i love all of these! especially multiple man and angel.to me Madrox kinda looks like a cross between his comic outfit and the movie version head :ninja: and i'm with the thinking of original angel being there because of a boxed set.i mean,there's 5 original X-men,and didn't Chuck say in a Q&A a while back that boxed sets were sticking to the 4 figure format?it makes sense as a way for us to get all 5 :apocalypse:

OMG!!!!! SHADOWCAT WITH LOCKHEED!!! CLASSIC ANGEL!!! CLASSIC CABLE!!! X-FORCE X23!!!! CAPTAIN #*@&ING BRITAIN!!!

and to a lesser extent, a pretty sweet iron man. a modern hank pym. blackbolt. captain marvel.

and OMG!!!! I just saw that cable again. I CANNOT WAIT!

Wow these mates really kick ass, very powerful line up. Usually theres like a set i'll end up skipping on. Or they pack like one good character with someone lame i don't care about. But the only figures i don't care about are x-23 and multiple man. I hate x-23 so much, and i woulda prefered any version of multiple man over the boring modern look.

Yellow Jacket and Goliath are huge wins for me, since yellow jackets one of my favorite characters and most wanted avenger. So it's awesome to finally have him. Same with goliath. It's funny i used to think minimates were doing horrible when it came to avengers and that they seemed to get absolutley no love from them. But i'm actually getting to the point of feeling complete.

The avengers i need still are Tigra, Black Knight, Falcon, Jocasta, and maybe jarvis. Now i'm interested in seeeing alpha flight and inhumans done.

Totally love the kree, i wouldn't mind seeing some of the obscuer kree color variants like guys with different color trim. I will totally get like two or three of these guys.

Titaniumman is inanley cool and my most wanted im baddie, love the figure just wish they coukld use the big body n him. Cable came out really nice, i really disliked the old cable mate it was terrible.

FA angel is super nice i reallly want to see th rest of the FA x-men as mates.

Captain marvel and blackbolt came out spectacular and again are huge character wants of mine. LIke cap and kitty but i wish we had gotten kitty in her classic black and yellow look that would be my first pick, this would be my second tho I really wish series 31 had a bad guy in it... we really really really need more bad guys badly.