UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

I've just laughed myself stupid reading the link that slams Liefield. After seeing all of his sh!t put together like that really makes you realize how crappy his whole body of work has been. Thanks for the laugh guys.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you ask if there are any plans for a "Build your own minimate" or something?

With the inclusion of Titanium Man... a classic old Iron Man foe, I'm really thinking we'll be getting a KANG at some point.

Man, what I wouldn't give for a Crimson Dynamo of the same classic caliber. These are really too great!

I'm curious as to what will happen to Mystery Man after we get a Kang... Is there something else on the list for him, or will he just dissappear?

Can you ask if there are any plans for a "Build your own minimate" or something?

With the inclusion of Titanium Man... a classic old Iron Man foe, I'm really thinking we'll be getting a KANG at some point.

Man, what I wouldn't give for a Crimson Dynamo of the same classic caliber. These are really too great!

I'm curious as to what will happen to Mystery Man after we get a Kang... Is there something else on the list for him, or will he just dissappear?

Nah, I won't disappear. See, I'm so big on Kang because he's the villain I want made the most that isn't a Spider-Man villain. I want Vulture and especially the Lizard made just as bad. But I know that Kang is the underdog because he's not a Spidey villain, thus I make him my cause.

Supposing we get Kang, Vulture and Lizard, then I'll probably start in on the Mole Man, Annihilus, Diablo and Dragon Man!

And I'm always up for Mike Allred's Madman and the Atomics characters to be minimated or Mike Mignola's Hellboy. You think I'm nuts for Kang? That's because the Marvel license already exists. Were there a license for Allred's and Mignola's characters, I'd run circles around you guys with want lists, ideas for sets and so forth.

I think what's likely to happen is that when there's finally a minimate KANG! Mystery Man will reveal himself as the one true KANG! And then he'll take over the world. We won't care because we'll all be dead. (Mystery Man will have wiped us all out).

HAIL KANG!

Why doesn't Cable have matching gloves? D:

I just wish they would add more details to the T-O arm like they did with GSXM Colossus.

Yeah - i thought the T-O arm looked a bit plain & needed some bands on it . . .

... we are sure to get FA (first appearance) Cyclops, FA Marvel Girl, FA Beast and FA Iceman. Add FA Angel from wave 31 and BLAM! Instant team!

This would make me so very, very happy. Such classic renditions of great characters have been overlooked for far too long.

Oh come on now, they did get the nose and hands right! :P Liefeld was such a lazy f'ing hack.

Liefeld Sucks

edit: fixed link

This one's my favorite from that site.

bill4.jpg

Now for a tasteful splash page of the Human Torch fucking The Thing missionary-style! Splash page? More like SLASH page, am I right!

Note the Torch’s full, supple buttocks. If this isn’t a drawing of a naked guy on fire anally violating a semi-nude grotesquery in midair I don’t know comic books! The Thing’s blow-up-doll mouth is also kind of disturbing, as is the fact that he kinda looks like he’s pretty into it. Never would have figured Ben Grimm to be a bottom, but there you have it.

At least they’re face-to-face, so you know this ain’t just some cheap fuck; there’s some passion involved at least. Work those nipples, Johnny! Work them good!

holy shit! i just about soiled myself when i saw this pic (and read the attached comments).

work those nipples, indeed! :lol:

I'm surprised his best work of all wasn't included:

(image deleted to speed download)

To be fair:

(image deleted for quick download)

Yes but the difference is you can see Arnold's other arm but not Cap's. And Cap is not supposed to be the size of Arnold. Nor was Cap a Nazi as is implied by the symbol on his forehead.

I feel similar to the author of that article. Honestly, I could probably draw as well and as lazily as he does.

liefeld%20007.jpg

Of course, I loved his artwork when I was 11 years old. God knows why. I still don't understand the draw of Cable. I know he supposedly was a better written character as Liefeld left to do Youngblood, etc., but still--he's got Liefeld's stamp all over him.

http://www.minimateheadquarters.com/zenpho...p;image=492.jpg

The black bolt image you can see the how the wings things are attach it be awsome if they would longer they could be the wings for sting ray .He could be pared with tiger shark.

http://marvel.com/universe/Stingray_(Walter_Newell)

http://www.minimateheadquarters.com/zenpho...p;image=492.jpg

The black bolt image you can see the how the wings things are attach it be awsome if they would longer they could be the wings for sting ray .He could be pared with tiger shark.

http://marvel.com/universe/Stingray_(Walter_Newell)

I'm thinking those wings would make a good Baron Blood. http://marvel.com/universe/Baron_Blood_(Falsworth)

Pair him with Spitfire (his niece and Union Jack's daughter) and complete the Invaders. B)

I still would like Tiger Shark too (and Attuma)!

Edited by cdubya

We can get Banshee with those wings too :thumbsup:

banshee may actually work better with the secret wars cap marvel cape...very similar design

Jeff of the Miniacs

Agreed, hopefully DST is thinking the same. He and Sunfire are about the last (besides a slew of villains) X-characters I need to see to call my personal team/s complete.

Maybe DST can kill two birds with one stone and release War Of Kings. That way we'll get the Inhumans, the Starjammers AND the Guardians of the Galaxy... which just so happens to include Phyla-Vell in its current lineup, I believe ;)

Don't look at me like that.

Seeing how Black Bolt is being paired with Captain Marvel, it makes me wonder if an Inhumans boxed set is on the horizon next year.

It had better be, otherwise what's the point? The Inhumans are a 'package-deal'.

Maybe DST can kill two birds with one stone and release War Of Kings. That way we'll get the Inhumans, the Starjammers AND the Guardians of the Galaxy... which just so happens to include Phyla-Vell in its current lineup, I believe ;)

Don't look at me like that.

Wouldn't that be something? Y'know, Guardians of the Galaxy (classic) just sounds like an AFX exclusive box set, doesn't it?

*I've always been a big fan of Marvel's cosmic-characters, but I'm even more elated that they're starting to get some exposure again. I just noticed that they're starting to re-broadcast the animated Silver Surfer show along with the other Marvel animated series. I had forgotten how well done it was (hope it finds it's way to DVD). While short-lived, it was IMO the best show Marvel put out. Tonight was Adam Warlock vs. the Kree; made me really impatient for the Infinity Gauntlet set and Series 32's army-builder! :D

I just noticed that they're starting to re-broadcast the animated Silver Surfer show along with the other Marvel animated series. I had forgotten how well done it was (hope it finds it's way to DVD). While short-lived, it was IMO the best show Marvel put out.

If you are talking about the '90s 'toon I've just been reading a review of the DVD as it's just been released.....here at least ;)

*I've always been a big fan of Marvel's cosmic-characters, but I'm even more elated that they're starting to get some exposure again. I just noticed that they're starting to re-broadcast the animated Silver Surfer show along with the other Marvel animated series. I had forgotten how well done it was (hope it finds it's way to DVD). While short-lived, it was IMO the best show Marvel put out. Tonight was Adam Warlock vs. the Kree; made me really impatient for the Infinity Gauntlet set and Series 32's army-builder! :D

Yeah, Silver Surfer did a great job handling the heavy cosmic subject matter that came with the characters. Did you ever see the plan's that were made for a second season? If I remember correctly Mephisto was going to be the main villian of season 2.

I'm really happy to see DST and Art Asylum begin to delve into making the cosmic characters, I'm excited to finally get a Black Bolt and Kree Soldier in these waves on top of the Infinity Gauntlet set this fall and I have hopes of seeing more Inhumans (COME ON LOCKJAW!!!) and maybe some Shi'ar as more waves and boxed sets come out.

Edited by Andimus Prime

Alright, I've been playing massive, massive catchup since I was on vacation all of last week. So let me leave my much belated thoughts-

First I am thrilled with both lineups. Really glad to see Mar-Vel and Bolt are not going to be TRU exclusives as previously rumored. Glad to see an improved version of the modern Iron Man armor. More versions of Pym is never a bad thing. No real Wolverines. And Lockheed!

The bad- Titanium Man looks like a bad custom. X-23... sigh... some bad ideas just won't go away will they? And if they'd asked me, I would have voted for a classic Multiple Man, or even an old X-Factor era costume, or the modern look. But they didn't, so I'll live.