UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I'm surprised DST never made the move for Planet of the Apes minimates.

Not the newer, Andy Serkis movies obvs, cause that doesn't seem to be the wheelhouse for quality minimates, but rather the classic 70s stuff.  Like a four pack with Zaius, Cornelius, Taylor and Nova (Or maybe a Gorilla soldier instead of Nova); Something that would scratch the itch and leave fans wanting more.

Anyway, just a thought brought on by the impending new movie.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

I used to bring up Planet of the Apes a lot. :sick:

Somewhere in my mountains of notebooks I have an entire assortment for the original movies mapped out.

24 years ago Medicom produced several kubrick box sets . There were about 30 characters + horses, carts, spaceship & Lady Liberty ! I'm not sure if they were successful ?  I'd love some Minimate PotA versions WITH horses, carts etc.

they were simply acting as if they were riding horses. I still can't get my head round it, to be honest.

On 5/7/2024 at 2:47 PM, funkguerilla said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I'm surprised DST never made the move for Planet of the Apes minimates.

Not the newer, Andy Serkis movies obvs, cause that doesn't seem to be the wheelhouse for quality minimates, but rather the classic 70s stuff.  Like a four pack with Zaius, Cornelius, Taylor and Nova (Or maybe a Gorilla soldier instead of Nova); Something that would scratch the itch and leave fans wanting more.

Anyway, just a thought brought on by the impending new movie.

Username check out. LOL

Something dawned on me recently. Based on their behavior in the wild, the chimps should be the violent military types and the gorillas should be the pacifist scientists. Chimps are way more cruel than gorillas in real life. They are evil.

It's a PitA that we don't have PotA minimates. I'd go bananas for them! Even with prices climbing these days.

9 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

24 years ago Medicom produced several kubrick box sets . There were about 30 characters + horses, carts, spaceship & Lady Liberty ! I'm not sure if they were successful ?  I'd love some Minimate PotA versions WITH horses, carts etc.

I've been able to get my hands on some of these and they do the trick for the most part. 

The most confusing thing to me is whenever I think of "Planet of the Ape Kubrick" it conjures images of an alternate history where 'Planet of the Apes' is a much more esoteric, allegorical film about evolution, conception, life and death.

In that same alternate history '2001: A Space Odyssey' would have been a much more straight forward adventure picture about he-man cosmonaut Charlton Heston embarking on a dangerous mission through a wormhole to reach Jupiter.

20 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

I've been able to get my hands on some of these and they do the trick for the most part. 

The most confusing thing to me is whenever I think of "Planet of the Ape Kubrick" it conjures images of an alternate history where 'Planet of the Apes' is a much more esoteric, allegorical film about evolution, conception, life and death.

In that same alternate history '2001: A Space Odyssey' would have been a much more straight forward adventure picture about he-man cosmonaut Charlton Heston embarking on a dangerous mission through a wormhole to reach Jupiter.

Damn you all to HAL! :)

Oh my god, it's full of damn dirty apes.

(I would love to see both of those movies)

Primates ?

Somewhere in this thread I must have said that I would just love some Stanley Kubrick movie 'mates ? If not please Overlook it .

How ironic would it be to have Kubrick movie Minimates ?  Alex DeLarge & Jack Torrance Minimates remain my all time grails. 

BTW..... I'm Spartacus, Dave .

-redrumsmate

I'd like to see Batman '66 MiniMates.

But hell yeah, put me in for a "The Shining" 4-pack.

And carrying forward the theme of movies that begin with a definite article, "The Thing" could be fun if one figured out how to do the creature's various incarnations.

12 hours ago, elhonez said:

And carrying forward the theme of movies that begin with a definite article, "The Thing" could be fun if one figured out how to do the creature's various incarnations.

I'd love to see a '66 Minimate Batmobile.

16 hours ago, elhonez said:

You can add me to list for anything '66 Batman .However  I caved in ,some years back, & bought the Batman 66 series on Blu .....sad to say I really struggled watching it :( 

The Shining is just magnificent in my eyes , I can watch it again & again , Kubrick was one clever f*cker.

A 'Shining ' 4 pack ?  There are many many 'Shining' toys yet they almost entirely consist of the 3 characters ...Jack & The Grady Twins so who would you choose out of Danny  or Wendy  for the 4th ? 

After many years of searching I recently  found & bought an Adler Universal 39 typewriter , absolutely identical to the main one (they used several apparently) used in the movie .  Can you see how much I love the Movie ?  Have I told you about my axe ?

46 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

You can add me to list for anything '66 Batman .However  I caved in ,some years back, & bought the Batman 66 series on Blu .....sad to say I really struggled watching it :( 

The Shining is just magnificent in my eyes , I can watch it again & again , Kubrick was one clever f*cker.

A 'Shining ' 4 pack ?  There are many many 'Shining' toys yet they almost entirely consist of the 3 characters ...Jack & The Grady Twins so who would you choose out of Danny  or Wendy  for the 4th ? 

After many years of searching I recently  found & bought an Adler Universal 39 typewriter , absolutely identical to the main one (they used several apparently) used in the movie .  Can you see how much I love the Movie ?  Have I told you about my axe ?

Minimates are 5 packs now. Get them both in there. 

When there was that Batman '66 renaissance in the mid-teens I had dreamt of an assortment of minimates.

Now I think I would prefer minimates based off of the Filmation cartoons which followed the television show.

1 hour ago, NerdyTrev said:

When there was that Batman '66 renaissance in the mid-teens I had dreamt of an assortment of minimates.

Now I think I would prefer minimates based off of the Filmation cartoons which followed the television show.

Bat-Myte is Orko!

4 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I will not abandon my chances for a Scatman Crothers minimate.

Posted (edited)

Jacks: Dull Boy w/ typewriter & axe, Frozen

Wendys: Bat Wielding and Terrorized

Dannys: Redrum and Tricycle

Spirts: Twins, Lloyd, Delbert Grady

SCATMAN.

That's 11. I'll QC a naked old lady using the NBX tub. 😂 We'd need a twelfth for 3x 4-packs. Probably easy enough to scare up another variant of Jack or Danny.

[update after reflection] Or if it could be 2x 5packs, you could combine the Wendys in one release with "parts to make" each look. That way you'd get a Jack & Danny in each pack. Mabye split Wendy and Scatman. 

the-best-characters-in-the-shining-movie

29ff3982bc6fc7b699a298fe651df6808b-08-sh

2_photo.jpg

TELEMMGLPICT000302080312_trans_NvBQzQNjv

How-Stanley-Kubrick-protected-Danny-Lloy

sddefault.jpg

tex54gkp3tz31.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

the-shining-jack-nicholson-2000x1270-1.j

6sSOM.jpg

1555355207937?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=z2kp

Edited by elhonez

Posted (edited)

Svengoolie single Promo whatever. Fun convention exclusive. He’s got his own Neca and Super 7 toys now and a Mego type doll. Now is the time. He’s on MeTV and I heard they like money. 

plus, he fits the Minimates brand. 

Edited by WookieFodder
Mego

On 5/12/2024 at 3:44 AM, thereasonsy said:

I have been screaming this for 20 years -> Buffy. 

i too would love a reVAMP of Buffy block figures, a minimate follow-up to Palisades Palz efforts much like The X-Files 

now all we need are some Die Hard minimate box sets...