UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Angel (Red/White) ?

HelloMate

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the movie Ghost Rider instead of giving us the classic Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider would be wrong. The "putting your wet dog in the microwave to dry" level of wrong.

So. . .it is so right that it is wrong? I don't get it.

Using the movie Ghost Rider instead of giving us the classic Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider would be wrong. The "putting your wet dog in the microwave to dry" level of wrong.

Oh, it's wrong. Very very wrong. A Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider Minimate should be in a blue leather outfit with no spikes anywhere.

And wet dogs dry much better with a flamethrower.

Wasn't it said at NYCC that that GR from eBay was stolen from when they were going to do wave 15? I don't think it's going to show up with this.

And I'm on board for a Champions boxset. My only issue is who remembers the Champions and who would be the big name in this set to really sell it? Every set has a big name, easily recognized character and I don't see Champions having that. Even if it were in an X-Men set with less well known X-Men, you still have the name X-Men on the box to sell it. I'll be (sadly) suprised if it's a Champions boxset.

Wasn't it said at NYCC that that GR from eBay was stolen from when they were going to do wave 15? I don't think it's going to show up with this.

And I'm on board for a Champions boxset. My only issue is who remembers the Champions and who would be the big name in this set to really sell it? Every set has a big name, easily recognized character and I don't see Champions having that. Even if it were in an X-Men set with less well known X-Men, you still have the name X-Men on the box to sell it. I'll be (sadly) suprised if it's a Champions boxset.

If it is a champions set it would fly as an AFX set...we have been told that they really liked doing the Defenders and Invaders sets so a Champions set would fit with their classic teams mo....I really think it will be this before a classic X-Men as I truely feel we will see a X-Men #1 boxset with them all in the blue and yellow costumes before we see the more different suits

Jeff of the Miniacs

I thought it was said that it was taken off of a production line. Why would wave 15 have been produced if it was cancelled? I can very well be wrong though.

EDIT: Never mind. Just read elhonez post in wave 15 Ghost Rider thread

Edited by pickle

Plus, the Champions and Avengers are really the only teams on which Angel has worn that particular costume, if I'm not mistaken.

You may be right, during the pre-reprint era, he had the funky version with suspenders, and then, apparently, the blue incarnation of that suit:

post-1827-1234295364_thumb.png

Oh, it's wrong. Very very wrong. A Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider Minimate should be in a blue leather outfit with no spikes anywhere.

And wet dogs dry much better with a flamethrower.

So... A hot dog?

I'm down with whatever. Only bad thing about AFX box sets is they never go on clearance.

X-Men .

Don't you dare poop on my dream of an Original Ghost Rider.

If the Ghost Rider is a hep Johnny Blaze in blue and black, then I'm right there with you.

That'd make the whole set a dream 100% Big Time winner.

Either would please me but I have a specific agenda re: the X-Men .

There's plenty of other opportunities for X-Men with Wolverine:Origins coming-out (my vote always goes for X-Men #1). Champions seems more like a better fit for an AFX exclusive given their past offerings (bless their good-taste despite their questionable shipping. It just better not be exclusive to SDCC only!). And "yes", classic JB with blue/black, collar up, short gloves all the way or no-way (Dan Ketch is no Rider in my book)!! B)

This is without a doubt an X-Factor boxset.

Angel (Red/White)

Cyclops

Iceman

Marvel Girl

It will NOT be a Champions set because Angel wore Red/White for only four issues #8, #9, #11, and #12. (No Beast because we just got him with Secret Invasion).

Edited by Jatta Pake

I'm still leaning towards X-Men also. It fits with there being an X-Man movie and I'm still not sure Champions has enough notice (although they did sell out of the Defenders set and it's almost as obscure with newer collectors).

Maybe it's a 2-pack with the Toad we've seen from the original poster. Wouldn't that be a let down.

I'm guessing we might find out at Toy Fair this week.

Angel (Red/White)

Cyclops

Iceman

Marvel Girl

It will NOT be a Champions set because Angel wore Red/White for only four issues #8, #9, #11, and #12. (No Beast because we just got him with Secret Invasion).

I don't think it's gonna be X-factor. Angel wore a red suit, but it had a giant X on it. Not like the one shown on AFX with the halo on the chest.

97452433904.3.GIF

Angel (Red/White)

Cyclops

Iceman

Marvel Girl

I'd heard of X-factor many times, but never knew who was in it or what they wore. Now that i know this, GIMME!! I just made an "X-factor" (i considered it the semi-Orignial costume, because i had no clue it was X-factor) Jranie, and it kinda looks like crap. Not all crap, but kinda. It'd be nice to have that costume, and i just want another Jeanie for my collection period. ;)

I love all the costume designs for X-factor now that i've actually seen them, so this and an 1st Appearence X-Men boxset would be Giant Size. ;)

Unfortunately Google's 'best' result for 'Flamethrower Dog' is ......unfortunate :(

However Microwave Dog is now my latest sole UK distributorship :lol:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...active%26sa%3DN

How do you make a dog bark? Dowse it in petrol ,light a match....... ... WOOF!

OMG. I want that. Take note. Someone send that to me!