UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Angel (Red/White) ?

HelloMate

This is without a doubt an X-Factor boxset.

Angel (Red/White)

Cyclops

Iceman

Marvel Girl

It will NOT be a Champions set because Angel wore Red/White for only four issues #8, #9, #11, and #12. (No Beast because we just got him with Secret Invasion).

I don't think it's gonna be X-factor. Angel wore a red suit, but it had a giant X on it. Not like the one shown on AFX with the halo on the chest.

97452433904.3.GIF

Yes, true. But he wore that Red and White in Issue #1. (I can post an image when I get home).

HOWEVER, upon closer inspection of the Angel Minimate design, I notice he has "yellow" ankles. He does not have "yellow" on his X-Factor #1 suit.

This is without a doubt, a CHAMPIONS boxset. Angel only had yellow boots/gloves with the Champions.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wow, the response to our sneak peek of the Classic Angel Minimate has been incredible with all of your email inquiries! We've responded already to the emails but for those who wish to be in the loop - we plan to show more Minimates starting next Monday, and throughout the week, for the next three weeks. We say 'PLAN' because, well, we never know if something may come up prohibiting us to do so ..."

That was from AFX's blog. They're gonna show more 'mates? It must be a boxset in the works!

So assuming 1 minimate shown per business day for 3 weeks, there is a total of 16 new minimates including today's Angel. No specific mention of Marvel. Prohibit sounds like “pending licensor approval”. Typically 4 minimates per box set. Hmmm… 4 different box sets across different lines? Marvel, BSG, Star Trek, Terminator. Aren’t those the only 4 “active” lines?

What I really want to say, though, is an AFX exclusive Marvel Minimate box set of 16 all new characters! Or maybe an AFX exclusive wave, like the Target exclusive Marvel Legends stuff. Man, my head hurts from all this speculation that’s going to be way off… This is fun! :)

very excited about some minimate reveals. Kind of surprised that it will be after toyfair that it is announced....or maybe it will be announced and just reveal the pics over the next 3 weeks.

I really do hope it IS the champions.

Angel

Herc

Black Widow

Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider

Would all be VERY welcome in my collection.

A 16 figure Marvel boxed set would be the best thing ever.

Oooh man, make room for Kang!

1 angel

5 spider-man costumes

5 wolverines costumes

5 hulks versions

there's your 16 piece boxset.

:lol:

Is it just me, or is anticipating 16 minimates from AFX being overly optimistic? When they said they'd be revealing more minimates over the next three weeks I was thinking more of a three-mates-a-week spread, not quite a-new-one-every-day. But hey, I'm always one for more minimates! Bring on Champions, or X-factor or whatever the heck this mystery exclusive could be!

"Wow, the response to our sneak peek of the Classic Angel Minimate has been incredible with all of your email inquiries! We've responded already to the emails but for those who wish to be in the loop - we plan to show more Minimates starting next Monday, and throughout the week, for the next three weeks. We say 'PLAN' because, well, we never know if something may come up prohibiting us to do so ..."

That was from AFX's blog. They're gonna show more 'mates? It must be a boxset in the works!

X-Men.........through the ages!

X-Men vs Brotherhood

Angel & Toad

Iceman & Pyro

Thus completing the minimates poster from way back.

I know. It isn't it. There is no Wolverine or Spider-Man. But this set seems way cooler.

Still missing Ult Colossus.

True. But I consider Ultimate Colossus as just a variant of Colossus. But I guess that would make Archangel just a variant of classic Angel, so that logic is out.

True. But I consider Ultimate Colossus as just a variant of Colossus. But I guess that would make Archangel just a variant of classic Angel, so that logic is out.

But what you can say is that the Angel variant is really cool and essential, whereas another Colossus variant is dull and unnecessary. We've already got more Colossi than we need:

http://minimatedatabase.com/chars.php?i=55

Excluding, of course, an update of the classic version. Those are almost always a good thing :)

We've already got more Colossi than we need

Hmmm... Would the correct plural be Colossi or Colossum? Never mind. My spell check answered that for me.

:P

Most Latin words ending in '...u..s' are the singular whilst the plural removes the 'u..s' & replaces it with an '..i...'.

The exception is 'anus' which has the plural....Shockertoys (collective noun),meaning: bunch of assholes.

We've already got more Colossi than we need

Hmmm... Would the correct plural be Colossi or Colossum? Never mind. My spell check answered that for me.

:P

Most Latin words ending in '...u..s' are the singular whilst the plural removes the 'u..s' & replaces it with an '..i...'.

The exception is 'anus' which has the plural....Shockertoys (collective noun),meaning: bunch of assholes.

Wow.

Thanks Rob. Now I have to clean my monitor. Stupid drinking while reading :)