UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Angel (Red/White) ?

HelloMate

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible they're re-releasing Angel for Wave 28? :woot:

(IIRC it's still possible for DST to rerelease him, they just can't reuse the wing sculpt they used for Archangel in Wave 19. They'll probably use a new method to attach his wings, similar to either Wasp or DCD Hawkman. Either way, COLOR ME EXCITED!)

OMIGODYES!!!

Finally!! I mean, really?? We saw this way back on that early-on poster, and this has always been my favorite Angel costume (well, besides the new Astonishing one, but i love all those, so that doesn't count ;) ) and we've waited too long to get it. I mean, we got not one but two metal-winged Archangel's before this guy; i was really about to buy a Hawkman/Woman pack at the NYCC just for the wings to do this. Odd that DST would release it to AFX, though...Hmm...more classic boxsets...Classic Red and whit Angel...AFX does exclusives...If you don't get what i'm implying you're slow...;)

EDIT: Damn, Boyd beat me to the exclusive thing. Great minds think alike i suppose!! :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Yeah I'm guessing an AFX exclusive as well. So would it be a 2-pack or 4/5 pack?

If I'm not mistaken, the classic red angel was featured alot on the Champions team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_(comics)

A boxset perhaps?

Well, it's a Hulk for them to make, so i'll agree with this for now. I was hoping for something like Marvel Girl (Jeanie, not Rachel) though. ;)

If they did a Champions box set.......they could release a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would soil myself.

I would definitely go for that. I love the iconic outfits that characters had from the 60s-80s, and really hope that we just get more and more of this stuff from DST. We still need a good 80s Rogue and Kitty Pryde.

Champions Boxset

Angel

Black Widow

Ghost Rider

Hercules

Iceman

That would probably be the set, if they make one.

That gets my vote (and sincerest hopes). All but Iceman are seriously over-due for 'mates. It would be the next coolest thing to the outstanding Defenders box set and would also fill-in some missing Avengers slots. B)

I hope this means we are getting a Neal Adam's original X-Men set.

Angel

Marvel Girl

Human Beast

Iceman

Cyclops is optional since the giant sized or sdcc exclusive can be used to fill the void.

While "Original X-Men" has been on many of our box set wish-lists for quite some time, it is essential that they appear in their classic dark-blue/yellow uniforms...period. I doubt that this mystery Angel has anything to do with that (but I still want an X-Men classic box set!).

A Champions boxed set would so rock! I'm thinkin' they'll stick with the 4-pack treatment if they go boxed set. Here are my picks.
  1. Angel
  2. Black Widow
  3. Hercules
  4. Ghost Rider (classic outfit)

I am definitely on board with that. I cannot tell you how much I have wanted this mate. For me, it is my "deadpool" mate. Although the other one was great, It is not how I see Angel, and actually Hated the metal wings, and still do hate the whole idea of them. It was my first minimate custom, and actually the reason I joined the MMMV. At the time, I had Mr.T, Colossus, and an angel custom :D

So yes...I am excited!

I say kick Black Widow out of that group. Throw on a red hairpiece, and we are basically getting one in the Longoria Spirit figure. Updated Iceman :buttrock: !

Yeah, but doesn't every boxset need a girl?

I'd be very happy with either a Champions or classic X-Men box set. I don't think we'd loose either way.

The Champions, assuming it includes Herc and BW though might be nice since it would mean two more Avengers as well...

A stretch guess would be a second Defenders box set, Angel, Gargoyle, Moondragon and Beast/Iceman??? Angel, Hellcat, Moondragon, Nighthawk?

Nah. Champions or X-Men sound more likely.

Well, Invaders, Civil War, Hostile Takeover, and Punisher didn't have one. Did they need one? I don't know. I don't think so. Maybe more Wolverines.

Edited by karamazov80

Well, Invaders, Civil War, Hostile Takeover, and Punisher didn't have one. Did they need one? I don't know. I don't think so. Maybe more Wolverines.

The short answer is yes, box sets need girls. Heck, we need more girls period! An all girl wave. THAT would be cool! Possibly even better than an al baddie wave.

I know that I have said this before in other threads, but there was that Ghost Rider on ebay. Maybe he is another hint towards a Champions box set. Wrong outfit I know, but it would save DST some money to reuse an old proto. Maybe I am way off and that Ghost Rider is a TRU exclusive, but these hints and peeks are pointing towards Champions.