UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Angel (Red/White) ?

HelloMate

I can't believe no one thinks it could be a new defenders set. It would be right in line with the original defenders set they did last year.

I can see it now:

Angel

Ice-Man

Moondragon

and... um... Cloud, with androgenous parts!

check out the history of the team here: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/New_Defenders_(Earth-616)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe no one thinks it could be a new defenders set. It would be right in line with the original defenders set they did last year.

Actually, that was one the first things we said... <_<

We disregarded it because not only would the odds be horrible, but DST just wouldn't do that...

Oh. I guess I didn't see it when I read the thread, it musta gotten lost in all the Champions hullabaloo.

And yeah, I realize the odds are next to nothing to get this horrible team in a boxset, but I'd be remiss if this guilty pleasure of mine was left off the list.

I'll just sit over here and pine over a Candy Southern Minimate...

We disregarded it because not only would the odds be horrible, but DST just wouldn't do that...

Oh. I guess I didn't see it when I read the thread, it musta gotten lost in all the Champions hullabaloo.

And yeah, I realize the odds are next to nothing to get this horrible team in a boxset, but I'd be remiss if this guilty pleasure of mine was left off the list.

I dunno exactly what you're talking about here, but they DID make a Defenders boxset. When TTF said "the odds were horrible" he's referring to the possibility of a second Defenders boxset (like one with Silver Surfer and Nighthawk in it, for example). Because let's face it, if DST could make a Part 2 of a given boxset then they should've already done so by now (like with a new roster of characters from Civil War IMO)

I'm probably gonna go with the Champions for this mystery exclusive. As several other boardies have already stated it wouldn't be unlike AFX to commission a boxset of some off-kilter Marvel team (Defenders and Invaders being perfect examples), and as some member nitpicked the costume Angel wears in the concept art (with the yellow boots and halo on his chest and stuff) seems more in keeping with his Champions appearance than his X-men one (compare the art to the Uncanny X-Menimage I posted in this thread)

There will never be a Darkhawk or Nighthawk. Ever. I have this on good, reliable authority (me). If I never get to see a Hawk & Dove set, no one will ever see any kind of Hawk minimate ever again. Yeah, I have that kind of pull.

So, here's hoping AFX really sheds some light on this all tomorrow.

I dunno exactly what you're talking about here, but they DID make a Defenders boxset. When TTF said "the odds were horrible" he's referring to the possibility of a second Defenders boxset (like one with Silver Surfer and Nighthawk in it, for example). Because let's face it, if DST could make a Part 2 of a given boxset then they should've already done so by now (like with a new roster of characters from Civil War IMO)

This got way too confusing way too fast.

Yes, I know there was a Defenders set that was released last year, I own it and I love all the characters from it. And combined with my Silver Surfer figure, I have all of the core members of this non-team, it's great!

However, in the mid-eighties it was decided to drastically shake up the team and those core members (except for Valkyarie) were ditched for the likes of Ice-Man, Angel, the Beast, Cloud, Moondragon, and their eventual leader/PR person Candy Southern.

What I was doing was making an elaborate geek reference to see who would get it. Obviously I know waaaay too much about Marvel history.

I'm still gonna sit over here and pine for my Candy Southern figure, just because...

Only if you promise not to dash my hopes for a Darkhawk minimate :lol:

Fair enough. Life is about compromise. DST, we have spoken, Darkhawk/Nighthawk 2-pack as soon as possible, please.

And groundhog, just make sure you don't say "there will never be a Falcon Minimate," or you will have 20-30 board members coming after you.

. . .actually, as I think about it, it all makes sense--a "flying heroes/heroes based on flying animals" box set! Angel, Nighthawk, Falcon, and Darkhawk! I am convinced that this is what we are getting.

Edited by karamazov80

. . .actually, as I think about it, it all makes sense--a "flying heroes/heroes based on flying animals" box set! Angel, Nighthawk, Falcon, and Darkhawk! I am convinced that this is what we are getting.

WIN WIN WIN! :lol:

And funkguerilla, sorry about that confusing reply :sweat:, that lineup-change point of yours really makes sense (that's what I get for forgetting to read the top post at this page *facepalm*). To be fair though a "Defenders Rewind" boxset still seems pretty unlikely... otherwise I should've had my second Secret Invasion boxset with Skrull Spiderwoman/Veranke, Black Bolt, Mockingbird and some fourth guy too <_<

Edited by NorthRaider

this has most certainly got to be a Champions boxset (Angel, Hercules, Black Widow, and JB Ghost rider) as Angel only wore the red white with yellow gloves & boots in Champions and in issues 138- @149 in uncanny and we already have mates of almost all the character incarnations from those(Collosus, nightcrawler, tiger striped Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Beast) only missing Sprite,

Edited by Mattallica

HAWKman?

He and Hawkgirl made it in before I realized DC mates were going away (totally flew under the radar). Had I known then that DCD would stop the line, Hawkman and Hawkgirl would have been replaced by Alfred Pennyworth and Naked Lobo (from their unforgettable team-up in Legends of the Detective Squadron Team-Up Classic vol. 2 #42). And the later Blackhawk Minimate would have been replaced by the Composite Superman/Marvin from the Super Friends cartoon. You all really lucked out on that one.

And Falcon is perfectly fine. He is a cool character who was smart enough to find an interesting wing-themed name without just adding the word 'hawk' to an adjective.

I wonder if all the mates AFX is gonna show are all marvel ones? cuz if you read it it says they will show them if they are allowed to, and we all know about the whole BSG thing-so maybe they will have an exclusive for them too.---lets hope

Edited by mav-man