UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Minimates cancelled

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with a Diamond Rep and their booth yesterday at NYCC. He told me the only thing that was canceled concerning BSG Minimates was the configuration of the waves. He assured me that we will get our Final Five. I was very happy with that info and didn't push any further.

DC Minimates will live again. One way or another ...

.....as will BSG Minimates.

I am now totally convinced that there is something major brewing in the DST/AA Halls of Power which may not give us what we were hoping for regards BSG 5 & 6 /Caprica but I almost guarantee some token conclusion set/wave .It is still inconceivable to me that this line is commercially dead.

New hope :)

Based on the last minimate Q & A, the DST guys hinted that they'd have something to show to help re-kindle interest in the final BSG waves...

To Quote the AA Q&A blog:

We plan to show at Toy Fair and we have a couple ideas but for now yes BSG 5&6 as well as the Caprica box set are on “hold”

Sadly, the photos from a couple of sources at Toyfair have not revealed anything for BSG minimates... just the 7" figures. It kinda suggests that someone was blowing smoke up our collective you-know-whats.

well thats because toy fair is NEXT weekend so it makes sense that the photos from the NYCC havent shown anything new :P

Jeff of the Miniacs

Not to hijack the thread but I spoke with a Diamond Rep an NYCC and he told me that BSG is not canceled. They are reconfiguring the waves and we WILL get the Final Five.

(quoted from the Ghostbusters thread; moving the convo to an appropriate place)

Hooray!

--- Spoilers to follow ---

In retrospect, I can see DST's challenge in planning the last two waves. They obviously wanted to get all of the final five made before dropping the curtain on the line, and probably knew

Ellen Tigh was the last cylon

in advance. But, they needed a way to

get her into the mix in a way that wouldn't draw suspicion. Putting her in wave 5 or 6 would have been - ahem - a dead giveaway. Thus, the nicely-designed, but oddly late-to-the-party New Caprica set. She was critical to that story arc, so she

wouldn't seem out of place.

Still, I'm wondering how they're going to re-jigger the waves to sell better. We still need seven cylons – Cavil, Simon, Leoben, Aaron,

Tory, Anders and Ellen

– to complete the set, and that's one too many to wrap up in a single wave.

Maybe they do six of them in a wave and do the last one as a convention exclusive?

Edited by Lobsterman

Not to hijack the thread but I spoke with a Diamond Rep an NYCC and he told me that BSG is not canceled. They are reconfiguring the waves and we WILL get the Final Five.

(quoted from the Ghostbusters thread; moving the convo to an appropriate place)

Hooray!

--- Spoilers to follow ---

In retrospect, I can see DST's challenge in planning the last two waves. They obviously wanted to get all of the final five made before dropping the curtain on the line, and probably knew

Ellen Tigh was the last cylon

in advance. But, they needed a way to get her into the mix in a way that wouldn't draw suspicion. Putting her in wave 5 or 6 would have been - ahem - a dead giveaway. Thus, the nicely-designed, but oddly late-to-the-party New Caprica set. She was critical to that story arc, so she wouldn't seem out of place.

Still, I'm wondering how they're going to re-jigger the waves to sell better. We still need seven cylons – Cavil, Simon, Leoben, Aaron, Tory, Anders and

Ellen

– to complete the set, and that's one too many to wrap up in a single wave.

Maybe they do six of them in a wave and do the last one as a convention exclusive?

Actually, seven is just enough for a wave, ya know?? As in, Cavil/Simon, Aaron/Tory, Leoben/Anders, and Leoben/

Ellen

. Personally, it'd be a smart move, but i am one of many who wanted that HOT D'anna, updated Tigh, updated Kara, and Athena (I'm sorry, but Boomer just sucked...). And after seeing the previous 4-5 (not sure) new episodes i want waves 5 and 6 plus NC set MORE THAN EVER. :(

thank god this line is done now dst can focus on better ideas then this drawn out mess

Like the Godfather line? :rolleyes:

Thankfully, it appears that DST hasn't given up on this line yet and that they are working to get at least the remaining Cylons out in minimate form. Even though the show is winding down, there are still quite a few BSG related opportuinities for DST to look at - the finale, the summer movie SciFi is working on and even the Caprica pilot.

*(No offense intended to anyone looking forward to the GF mates announced at NYCC)

Wow, I think I am the only person who does not give a shit about completing the Skinjob Cylons. Anders is going to suck ass with that tatoo on his arm and no Starbuck to complete the wings.

A New Caprica Ellen without a New Caprica Tigh? She will look like crap beside the wave two Tigh.

Not to mention Hotdog, an actual character since season one unlike most of the Cylons. Honestly I would much rather have nothing then to get a third of what was going to be. Bringing back the C3 sets? Really? A little late for that don't you think? Any retail would have to be retarded to sell these unless they get them within a month before the show ends. Once casual fans know how it ends the "magic" is gone and they find a new interest, another show.

The worst part is even if they do change the lineup, are more people going to order more? Will they get a higher preorder number then last time? (%10 filled) I honestly think not.

Remember people that I started collecting Minimates because of BSG. My collection of BSG stuff is disgusting. But I am finished with these, just let the line go. I know I have.

And yogafire, what the hell are better ideas? Godfather? Last I saw those Mcfarlane Godfather figures still warm the pegs in stores around here. "Mess is done?" Yeah, it was done when nobody preordered the new BSG mates and the all the online stores were practically giving old sets away.

:wallbash:

I'm tempted to shoot myself, but I have his overwhelming urge to turn the gun on yogafire instead.

j/k :P

Why do I miss TBT! all of a sudden? And why all the BSG talk without spoilers, guys? I'm a season behind, dammit! This ain't the BSG TV thread!

I'm tempted to shoot myself, but I have his overwhelming urge to turn the gun on yogafire instead.

j/k :P

Why do I miss TBT! all of a sudden? And why all the BSG talk without spoilers, guys? I'm a season behind, dammit! This ain't the BSG TV thread!

That's what I was thinking! About the spoilers. Not Timbo. Shane lets him beat me when yall aren't around. :(

I'm also a season behind. I've not seen the offending post because I purposely didn't look for it, but if anyone else spoilers the show without using the spoiler tags they'll personally discover my anti-cylon device. Which consists of my left foot making rapid contact with their fundament. :):thumbsup:

Lobsterman ,in all fairness , did 'spoil' his post & subsequently offer a further warning halfway through his post . On the other hand it was a pretty clumsy* post which perhaps he'll edit out the references. In all honesty the 'outing of the last Skin-Job is at worst an anti-climax & at best a red-herring

*is that still a word?

personally discover my anti-cylon device.

I picked up an anti-cylon device a few years ago from my local newsagent, i found it hidden away on a top shelf, it was great all about how to spot a No.6 including very detailed photo's of said No.6 which left nothing to the imagination....... :lol:

Lobsterman ,in all fairness , did 'spoil' his post & subsequently offer a further warning halfway through his post . On the other hand it was a pretty clumsy* post which perhaps he'll edit out the references. In all honesty the 'outing of the last Skin-Job is at worst an anti-climax & at best a red-herring

*is that still a word?

Yep, still a word. Fair enough BHM, but I didn't see the post and still don't want to ;)

personally discover my anti-cylon device.

I picked up an anti-cylon device a few years ago from my local newsagent, i found it hidden away on a top shelf, it was great all about how to spot a No.6 including very detailed photo's of said No.6 which left nothing to the imagination....... :lol:

Sound like a pro-cylon device to me Winkerbean. Do the detailed photos show where the on switch is? ;)

Sound like a pro-cylon device to me Winkerbean. Do the detailed photos show where the on switch is? ;)

I've seen these detailed photos ,which are almost HD quality....however the area where the switch is situated can only be described as fuzzy :ohmy:

:D Quality! :D

On the other hand it was a pretty clumsy* post which perhaps he'll edit out the references. In all honesty the 'outing of the last Skin-Job is at worst an anti-climax & at best a red-herring

My apologies. I've gone back and spoil-tagged most of the post. If it's causing trouble, I can just delete it, but I thought the overarching theme – talking about how DST might reconfigure the last wave/box set – was worth discussion.

I know this was said earlier, but maybe the last 2 waves were always intended to be canned, so as to not spoil us on who the final cylon was (man I need to watch this series)

Still doesn't explain the lack of Carpacia. :( So if we only need 5, box set or full on wave with 2 extra characters? Maybe a BD Morter Cylon?

I don't know about these having a planned cancellation. I think there was an AA blog post that mentioned that they didn't know who the final cylon was. But I could be misremembering. And it seems weird to solicit something you have no plan of releasing. But maybe that is what the upcoming telefilm "The Plan" is really all about.

At any rate, I look forward to Toy Fair and any possible reconfigurations of the line up. As long as I eventually get the rest of the skin-jobs, the final five, and D'anna, I will be happy.

Still doesn't explain the lack of Carpacia. :( So if we only need 5, box set or full on wave with 2 extra characters? Maybe a BD Morter Cylon?

(my italics)

Uh, do you mean Caprica, the prequel TV show? That won't start until 2010, though the 2 hour pilot will be out on DVD sometime in 2009. It's kinda early to expect to see Caprica Minimates.