UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Minimates cancelled

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell no. They do this AFTER showing Caprica box design and all of the figures for both waves and the set?! This better be mistake on CSC's fault.

Seriously, these were the BSG minimates i was looking forward too the most, especially with the ending of the show on the horizon. I mean, we'd get variants of the characters, new pilot bodies (the unzipped, "waisted" jackets), and much needed new characters. Not to mention THE REST OF THE CYLONS!! And i really wanted new-Kara. :(

Seriously, this is a really bad move. Now i'm depressed. :(

Bah! Terrrible news. These were awesome, especially Wave 5 and the Boxset. I hate to hear this, especially as BSG and DCD were the focus my collecting. Hopefully, hopefully, somthing will happen so that these make it out.

Honestly who is surprised? My guess is it's down to a lack of preorders.

Waves 2&3 are going for bargain bin prices on ebay, the tv series is about to wrap up and as DST have found out previously ( although they never seem to learn from it) that leaving it to late and that once a show is off air or a movie is done then the want for merchandising dries up.

I also suspect that after a pair of boom years for minimates 2009 is the year we will see a reduction in the number of new series produced. According to Cappys excel(lent) spreadsheet the number of unique mates made per year was ( starting in 2002-2008) 21, 55, 86, 64, 64, 171, 183 and it makes me wonder if we are getting a little too many and people are picking their collections more carefully rather than buying everything by the case ( BHM excepted ;) ).

T.

it makes me wonder if we are getting a little too many and people are picking their collections more carefully rather than buying everything by the case ( BHM excepted ;) ).

T.

I know I am. I've only picked up Cylons (for the most part) from the Battlestar line. Admittedly, I've bought them by the case :) but they're the only ones I've focused on.

Seeing as how BSG are the only mates I collect, this really sucks ass. That said, I am not surprised. Hasbro did not renew their license for BSG in 2009. BSG toys are on clearance everywhere all the time. Oh well, at least it was a good run. Hopefully they cancel their really crappy action figure line next, man those toys are ugly!

If this really is the case, DST can suck it. They will never get another dollar of mine again. Here I come Bowen and Sideshow.

Edited by pickle

I'm still gonna hold out hope until we hear something " official" :wallbash:

I e-mailed them when I noticed that they were dropped of the ship list at the AA site.

So far, no reply after almost 2 weeks.

Maybe they'll try and peddle them at TRU if Minimate and the BSG 7" sales are good... but it looks pretty dire.

That frakkin' sucks big time!

What-the-f@ck?!?!? This just sickens me. Why does this always seem to occur at the pentacle-moment in toy lines? If they had made an announcement that the line was over after releasing what we had seen (both series & Caprica box set), I would be sad but at least feel like I had a fairly complete collection. Christ! First DCD 'mates, then Hasbro's Indiana Jones line, and now this ?!? This really has been a ball-buster of a year for me personally as a collector (add Microman and Max Factory's Guyver to my list of shattered hopes). I'm starting to wonder if I should start preparing myself for DST's 7" Galactica demise as well (incomplete lines just burn my ass and seem pointless). As much as I love toys and collecting (I'm pushing 40 years), this news coupled with previous disappointments the past 2 years is sadly making me re-evaluate if I really want to continue at all. Ironically, one of my least favorite stores (TRU) may be our only salvation for the line's return.

"Help me Toys 'R Us Kenobi; you're our only hope".

no to rub dirt in anyones eyes , but with the economy right now, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw ALOT of scaling back this year.

BSG Dead

Terminator I would imagine it is dead too

I also doubt we will see much new in the ways of mates this year.

While it sucks for the fans...just make sure marvel waves 25 and 26 come out and my world will not end

Why would you think Terminator would be canceled? Personally, I'm betting it will be a big seller for DST. There is a much broader geek fan base for Terminator than BSG, methinks.

Why would you think Terminator would be canceled? Personally, I'm betting it will be a big seller for DST. There is a much broader geek fan base for Terminator than BSG, methinks.

once again, just based on the economy. I would think it would be a gamble more than a dead lock.

This year it is going to be the dead locks...terminator salvation is out but this is from a movie that is what 10 years old at least?

seems like a gamble

my 2 cents

moc847

Just my 2 cents as well, but I think Minimates fans should steel themselves for only Star Trek and Marvel Minimates for the foreseeable future. The economy is terrible, toys are tanking, and anything "collectible" is going to tank in 2009.

I hope DST and the Minimates brand can weather the coming storm because A LOT of toy companies are going to be history after this year.

If BSG is really dead, I'd have to wonder if too much off the wall stuff killed the line. The two classic sets were just weird and there was too much Razor stuff for just one episode/movie. If you don't include those two lines, there's a huge gap in release time between waves 4 & 5. I fear that's going to be a problem for Trek also, but at least there's a movie coming out soon to push the brand name. I really hope BSG continues, but can understand why it would be sunk.

Edited by groundhog7s

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!!!!!!!!!!

Man I wanted these more than any other non marvel minimates yet this is maddening. :verymad:

I feel the same way, but not for the same reasons. Many of the BSG sets are a good way to pick up female 'mates & civilian ones, too.

I've wanted the Caprica set (in multiple, no less) since I first saw it & I don't even watch the damn show! And I wanted at least 2 2-packs from each set on top of that.

I totally agree with BHM's comment about the AA blog -- not a good thing to do in my book. They should be the first ones to mention either side of the coin concerning releases.

What a let-down! :(