UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Heroes and Villians Sets

Chronotrigger

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but notice these packs seem to include a lot of things people have suggested over time...

• Traditional mask for Cap
  • 90's Wolverine
  • Wolverine's normal hands
  • No duck feet on Hulk
  • Updated Doom
  • Updated GG
  • Red Skull that isn't a Nazi

Just saying...

Such good points. Stop with the hate!

Yeah, you all know when you see these in TRU or Target or wherever, you'll grab them. I know I will! I think they were going for a Kirby-style face on Red Skull, the way he's always screaming with that huge gaping mouth on Kirby Cap covers. I like it. A quick trip to a bead store / craft store / or my daughter's box-o-beads should provide a suitable scale cosmic cube if they don't put one in with him. I would like to see a better costume on the Red Skull though, maybe a different color, this is too bright. Too bad Magneto's ice cream has melted... Can't wait for these!

Edited by hulk197

Heroes set- Great "jumping-on" set. I would have swapped-out Jim Lee Wolverine for Classic IronMan and save him for a future 2-pack with an X-Villain "army-builder"(Hellfire or some such) for those who'd like to get duplicates (in a case for example) for other custom X-men. I understand where they're coming from though, "add 1 new figure of interest to established collectors for more selling power". I've no personal interest in Jim Lee Wolvie, but I'm sure I'll buy one set just because.

This would be a great set for TRU to carry for exposure; DST and on-line, eh mediocre.

Villains set- Now we're talking, this one's for us! Updated Magneto (like the body, not crazy about the head/hair), Doom (O.K., but not much of an improvement if they don't lose that lame static cape-n-hood...Spectre hood is necessary here. Is that a Classic BSG pistol?!? Give us a Luger DST; and one for Red Skull too.), and Green Goblin (Is that the same one we saw from the Target excl. photos? His face looks slightly different and the hat appears seperate from the face, but a great improvement over the original cartoonish-imp. Here's hoping he's still got the removable-mask with Norman face underneath; that was glorious!). And finally Red Skull. Despite minor issues with the face (Eyes seem too bugged and the brows could have come-down over the eyes a bit to lessen this. Nothing that a repainted Thing brow-piece can't fix though.), this is the version of Johann that I've always wanted (they always seem to go with a uniformed-version, which we're getting anyway in the 2-pack.)...classic (and much appreciated)!! Now, (playing devil's advocate) since I swapped-out Wolvie for Iron Man above, I suppose I have to say that Magneto should be swapped for say Mandarin or Titanium Man. Updated Magneto would then share a future 2-pack with another missing X-Men or Villain (we still need Toad, Blob, ect. afterall!).

Just my 2 cents. Overall, I think these are pretty snazzy (especially the Villains set!) and like how they compliment each other with corresponding Heroes/Villains. As usual, I'll still throw-in my mandatory plea for more 'mates per set (say 5-6). But if they fill the spaces with add-on/accessory goodies (like the Avengers set), then I can find forgiveness. Great start DST, now find us another way to get more (I know, we're never satisfied) neglected Villains (Kang, Mephisto, Lizard, Scorpion, Electro, Vulture, Mandarin, Titanium Man, Dormamu, etc. ........)!

great sets for hooking new/casual collectors! when are these due out?

Definitely Morph and Forge custom base material here, and one to get as a Wolverine. [i'll be needing multiple Heroes sets just for that - anyone want the extra Hulks and Spideys and Caps?]. the Cap will be good for those that missed out on the Invaders set and/or want a modern-mask Cap with shield backpack. I like that the Hulk FINALLY puts together a 616 look with the powerhouse torso that has frelling SHOULDERS [and unlike the Movie one, the muscle detailing doesn't quite make his love handles look like, well, the size of mine].

the Villains set will be good for updating my older 'mates - Magneto, Goblin, Doom [who can then either join the custom fodder group or stay on as originals] - and adding a new one in green-suit Red Skull. i hope later on the Goblin is revealed to be a removable-mask one and that the head in the pic [seemingly the w2 one] is just a stand-in for prelim promo photography purposes. although the odds are good [if recent releases are any indication] that he'll have a Norman Osborn head and hair anyway, which would be just as good or even better.

Edited by lastmaximal

I was just thinking that The Thing updated would have been a better character then The Hulk. The reason behind that is Doom was arch enemies with the Fantastic Four not the Hulk. And getting a new and improved thing would have been real cool.

Just food for thought.

Yeah, we have had a bunch of Hulks recently (and I would like to see another Thing myself), but it seems that the "hero" set here is supposed to be an introduction set for new collectors as much as anything. As such, it makes perfect sense to include the 4 most recognizable, iconic Marvel heroes with it. Thing wouldn't really fit in too well, in my opinion.

Further, given the rate that existing characters are being re-released, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see another Fantastic Four box set pop up with new figures at some point.

Edited by karamazov80

if the wave 25 Red Skull looks like that then I'd be pissed.

Same for Wolvie's face. It's a really nice idea and I do appreciate DST/AA is giving us loads of new mates and I don't want to be a total bitch (BHM, copy that?) here, but I'm not really pleased with the way these prototypes look like. Especially the heroes (ecxept Spidey, but then, who really needs him just getting wave 24?) and Red Skull. :(

But they do offer some neat possibilities for customs.

I'm not so versed in the 'World of Marvel' these days to know if the Thing would be welcome ....commmercially. He would however be made very welcome by me!

I sometimes forget how much I love some of these characters & 2008 will go down as the year I destroyed many Benjamins for one G.I.Raffe.......I hope he's well Reideen :(

I'm not so versed in the 'World of Marvel' these days to know if the Thing would be welcome ....commmercially. He would however be made very welcome by me!

I sometimes forget how much I love some of these characters & 2008 will go down as the year I destroyed many Benjamins for one G.I.Raffe.......I hope he's well Reideen :(

Not a Marvel Zombie eh? Well, honestly I doubt he'd be that welcome anyway. The FF were hardly in Secret Invasion, being absorbed into the Negative Zone and all. And The Thing left during Civil War and refused to take a side until the end, so Thing is even less active.

In short, the Thing has not been a player recently.

Plus that the big chested Thing from wave 9 or 10 with the tumor head and hands had a really nice tampo.

A lot of people probably didnt pay for that nice hulk from the defenders set online, and I wouldnt want my only big chested hulk to be from the movie or the original avengers set. the new cap is nice and has a great new tampo. There are so many spidey designs out there its nice to have an option as to which one will be getting whomped on my shelf. On top of that, there is a wolverine that has a body that can easily give people a new wolvering, and the rest of us a body for another x character that doesnt have a mate yet.

On the Villains, There have been 2 magneto's, one OLD exclusive online, and one exclusive to target. I have both and the detailing on this is much better. and that means I have 2 helmets I can through his way. I was about to whip out paint and detail doom myself until I saw this, and I gave up on detailing the goblin when I heard about the target exclusive. Which I have been waiting for for a long time. And Finally it seems as if all the target wave is going to reach us. Doom and Osbourne have figs yes, but they are really old. And the red skull, AWESOME. Thats how the marvel legend should have been so we could have some articulation. And if the one with bucky america comes in the same outfit, so what.

They have been kicking ass with suprises and exlusives for the newer waves and boxsets. I can totally see the villains coming with a cube, a helmet for mags, maybe even a pumpkin glove. and the heroes having an extra set of hands. Wave 24 had slip over masks for venom, spidey, cosmic spidey, shocker, and extra jacket and a double sided head for brock and alt hairpieces for everyone so far. They are doing a lot more so F*** Yeah, this is a good time for us. And these are good sets. F*** my old cartoony goblin and doom.

Wow that was a lot. Also, doom didnt start as a Sorcerer. He has always had a gun.

On the Villains, There have been 2 magneto's, one OLD exclusive online, and one exclusive to target.

Just being a pedant, but the Darktide set was far from a Target exclusive. It was also available at TRU and solicited in Previews. In fact while shopping this last weekend I saw three sets in the "family" DVD section of my local f.y.e. store. (Still full price, btw. :))

Hey everyone, I went to my local comic shop today, and I took a quick skim for the PREVIEWS book. In it, I found that they were announcing 2 new Marvel Minimate 4-packs, one has heroes, and the other has villains!!!

So here's what I found:

Heroes Pack

Spider-Man

Captain America

Wolverine

Hulk

Villains Pack

Magneto

Doctor Doom

Red Skull

Green Goblin

I'm REALLY happy now, because we get a Doc. Doom and Green Goblin remake!! Since all of them has already been produced in the past, they will have different costumes (except Spider-Man, who, always looks the same, lol).

And Red Skull will be the famous, classic, GREEN JUMPSUIT!!! :D

(I will try and get pics, soon!!!)