UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Heroes and Villians Sets

Chronotrigger

My Cap mask was completely stuck, but I was able to get it off after putting Cap in the freezer for an hour. Which kind of makes me want to do a custom...

Heh. Or at least get a good picture. Maybe with your Avengers #1 boxed set figures looking on...

My Cap's mask is stuck too. Niether heat nor cold has helped. Oh I can get it off... with a pair of needle-nosed plires. Keep thinking about putting a hole in the top of the mask to try and keep it from getting such good suction, but I fear that any hole big enough to do that will weak the mask too much. So for right now, the mask stays on and Hawkeye stole poor Steve's hair. (all those white boy Avengers look alike anyway) It's a shame, because the paint job on Cap is first rate. Guess from what I read this is a classic case of be careful what you wish for.

And my only other gripe with the set was a lack of accessories. Spidey could have used a reissued webline, just to up the value of another, nearly identicle Spider-Man. Villain wise I'm glad for Doom's side arm and Magnus' little power balls, but I think Gobby needed a pumkin bomb, either a bomb hand or new separate piece. And that Skull was begging for a Cosmic Cube accessory. No idea how to do it, but that's what would make that mate perfect.

for the cosmic cube it could be sculpted onto an open hand

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it makes sense for Doom's sidearm to be the silver one, since he's the sciencey time-travel type of villain. (Plus Red Skull is a WW2-era villain, so it also kinda makes sense for his weapon to be more old-school.)

The right arm peg-hole on BOTH of the caps I bought are messed up. Anyone else?

Don't know if this is related but I just got the Heroes/Villains boxsets at our LCS (on Free Comic Book Day, natch :)), and the left arm on my Cap is messed-up too.

Thing is, it's the left arm's HAND SOCKET that's loose. I can barely keep Cap's glove on, it's like the inside of the arm literally melted. I guess I'll be needing some nail polish to remedy this one. (Ugh, I really need to take a picture to illustrate this.)

Oh, and I had trouble with the Cap and Magneto helmets too. Dang, they were hard to take off.

My Iron Fist has that same issue, so I have him in a SHORYUKEN pose XD

subtitled: When MMDB Fails You (sigh)

Okay, does the silver handgun go with Doom? And Red Skull gets the black one? But I don't remember Doom's sidearm being so scifi.

I'm pretty sure Doom gets the silver one (BSG reuse). It's also packed in the TRU Hulk/Doom pack.

Actually, this is why I list accessories by pack instead of by figure. Most times it is evident who gets what accessory, but it's not always clear cut.

• 2 weeks later...

So I solved my Cap's mask problem. It still rides a little high, but now it comes on and off without any problems. How did I do it? I popped the head off and carefully sanded down the sides and back of the head until the mask sides on and off without taking the head with it. I worked slowly and carefully, so the slimed down head doesn't look noticeibly different when the hair is on. I could have used my dremel, but that would have sacrificed control for speed.