hellfire club goons,

black panther

mister sinister,

jubliee,

marrow,

omega red,

yellowjacket,

and moon knight,

I was gonna say the bucky version of captain America but we are already getting him :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts:

-I didn't really consider Iron Man (even though the clues did fairly obviously point to him) because I really, really don't want any more Iron Man Minimates for awhile. That being said, this is one I'll probably get this one, if only because of the exquisite classic IM helmet included in the Through the Ages box. I suspect this will be my definiteve IM 'mate, much like the Invaders Cap is the definitive, IMHO.

-Not a big X-Men or Wolverine fan, but these are all characters I will probably buy, if perhaps not right away (not in this economy!). I certainly agree that these are all characters that have been missing from the Multiverse for long enough. Glad to see AA listening to the fans and putting some guys hight on the want lists in here (though not mine...). My biggest complaint is actually with the spot taken up by FA Wolverine in the Secret Invasion box set, which could have gone (more appropriately) to Yellowjacket, Captain Marvel or Mockingbird. But what can you do? Wolverine sells.

-I have a really nice Red Skull custom I bought on eBay, but I'm still happy to see him here. Also glad to see the new Cap.

-Rulk and Skaar is probably a pass, unless they are too awesome for words. So I assume that Skaar "hasn't declared himself yet" and that Rulk is a villian?

-Really wanted Hydra to be one of the army builders. Oh well.

-I was wondering why Sabretooth wasn't in what clearly seemed to be the Wolverine wave.

-Methinks that all these heavy hitters coinciding with the return of Minimates to Toys R Us is no coinidence.

-Thanks again for the contest! DO THIS AGAIN!!!!

Well, I was completely off base (don't see how I won any Minimates from my picks, frankly), but am really happy with these. Nice to see the wacky army builders, Gambit, Psylocke, Sabretooth, Deadpool. Awesome. But if I am to nitpick, and I am--2 more Iron Men? I love Iron Man, but wow. He must surpass Spidey and Wolvie in terms of re-releases at this point. I really hope that Wolvie gets an updated, removable "classic" mask. . .

Now, how is Gambit a minority, exactly? Being a southerner?

He's Cajun. Told you one was a stretch... That was mainly to get people thinking it was someone else, but come on... he's in the new movie. How could we do a Wolverine-themed wave right before the movie and NOT include Gambit?

Yes! I told my brother that but he's all like, "Nooooo, Cajuns aren't a minority..." I guessed it anyway! Woo! I put Sunfire instead of Psylocke though.

Minimates are returning to TRU?

Wasn't some news from SDCC that DST was in talks to potentially get these back into TRU? I hadn't heard any further news, but you can pre-order Minimates from the incredibly unreliable TRU.com, such as the not-to-be-released Rocky III-Mates:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3181198

Take your pick.

Captain Marvel

Black Bolt

Black Panther

Yellowjacket

Moon Knight

Lizard

Electro

Falcon

And for those fan-boys, here's a separate list.

Stilt-Man

Squirrel Girl

Dr Bong

MODOK

Howard the Duck

Mojo

Lockjaw

Krakoa

Lemme guess, the first list is much more likely than the second?

Now, how is Gambit a minority, exactly? Being a southerner?

He's Cajun. Told you one was a stretch...

Not as much of a stretch as you might think. Cajuns were officially recognized by the U.S. government as a national ethnic group in 1980 per a discrimination lawsuit (Roach v. Dresser Industries Valve and Instrument Division) filed in federal district court.

Very glad to see DST listening to collectors and putting the army builders in the variant packs. Thanks for that.

E>

Take your pick.

Captain Marvel

Black Bolt

Black Panther

Yellowjacket

Moon Knight

Lizard

Electro

Falcon

And for those fan-boys, here's a separate list.

Stilt-Man

MODOK

Lockjaw

Tell you what: Add the rest of the Inhumans, Mandarin, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Kang, Beetle, Scorpion, the Warriors Three, Odin, Sif, Heimdall, Balder, Hela, one of the horde of Hydra, Man-Thing, Black Knight I and II, Radioactive Man, Melter, the Gladiator, Baron Zemo, the Enchantress and the Executioner and then maybe we'll talk!

:)

After thinking it over for a while, my only complaint about wave 25 is that I think the variant should have been either a different Red Skull costume, or the Winter Soldier. Otherwise, like I said before, I love it. :)

I actually agree, I've wanted a metalic classic costume IM for a while but the variant here seems a little tenious to even a hardcore IM geek.

Winter soldier would have been a perfect chase for this lineup.

T.

I actually agree, I've wanted a metalic classic costume IM for a while but the variant here seems a little tenious to even a hardcore IM geek.

Winter soldier would have been a perfect chase for this lineup.

T.

Yeah, but this way I can still hold out hope for my Captain America-themed box set, with Winter Solider, Falcon and Crossbones.

I was pretty damn pleased when the mercenary clue pointed to Deadpool at the 'off' . I had hoped the 'healers' would include Sabretooth & was resigned to yet another Wolv. Currently Captain America is the only Marvel Comic I really enjoy so I'm well-pleased with a Cap/Skull pack which has been something I have yearned for since I began collecting Minimates. Gambit has been in Kubrick-form for years & although not a favourite of mine I can see why he's so popular with the majority here. Psylocke is hot but I just hope they do her justice ,we'll see! The 'goons' are welcome although SHIELD agents would perhaps have been my choice over them. Iron Man? I suppose it was inevitable but how many are we going to get before we tire of the subtleties ? To push this point a little I read DST Matt's comment about improving the original Wave 6 Iron-Man , OK go for it but DST certainly hasn't managed to come up with a better Hulk than the Wave 1 Hulk have they? That is actually a compliment & leads me onto Rulk & Son. I can't comment, I have heard of them & will now buy a few comics to 'brush up' on them.

Despite my misgivings ....a bloody marvellous pair of waves,thankyou for the sport as well,it certainly livened up a rather quiet time on the Multiverse.

I have one sincere request :

If you're going to produce a Red Skull let's have a proper Red Skull not some dumbed-down ,sanitised,cuddly, politically correct Pinko Skull. He's a Nazi & when Nazis become politically correct we are all going to be in trouble.

Oh yeah, Please ;)

Fan Boy Says: " MODOK currently is The Red Skull" :ohmy:

Edited by buttheadsmate

IMO The Defenders Hulk is the BEST Hulk yet

Though some might consider this blasphemy, I agree. Somehow the first Hulk isn't as iconic and great as the early Spidey, Cap, and Iron Man are to me, but I think the Defenders one is really great.