UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

With the exception of their Customer Service Department, I have a pretty low opinion of Mattel overall. They should stick to Barbie dolls and die-cast cars. They struggle with most everything else for some reason.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: TWD, I think the question you would need to ask is "Is a Best of Wave guaranteed to be more profitable than a new wave of new figures?" We're striking with two all-new series of figures, including Michonne, Lori, Glenn, Rick and the Governor, and the characters people want (Carl, non-prison Andrea, Negan) haven't even been made yet. I don't think more Shanes and backpack Glenns is gonna suddenly make a wave the end-all be-all. And the first two specialty assortments are still available to retailers.

Re: Mattel and MOTU, Mattel can do whatever they want with their own property.

Re: Batman, our line of busts should have no likeness issues. I've seen the list of faces we have, and it is very nearly comprehensive. Just no Minimates.

Edited by DSTZach

sigh, so tired of the re release question due to high online prices. Just save your money and buy em.

Thank you. It's not like these characters are hard to find, just expensive. I do this without a job, people!

Here here!

I want to punch Mattel in the face sometimes.

Isn't that why they created the MattyCollector mascot? His face looks incredibly punchable.

Sad about the 60's TV Batman minimates. I'm not planning on buying any merchandise from this line that isn't minimates, and I really don't need Mattel's 6" line.

'Best of Walking Dead' .......I can't see that happening anytime soon. The first two waves WD mates undoubtedly sold well & in significant numbers but the weak link appears to be the non-exclusive TRU sets which are all still available online despite being released in 2012 .

Yeah, but what about Shane and Glen? Those are hard to find. And expensive! It's DST's job to make me happy, and I don't like spending money on collector's items. They need to pay attention to the secondary market, and sell them to me cheap. There would have been plenty to go around if it hadn't been for those dang kids!

Best of Walking Dead will work! But we need more core characters to be released first. We don't have a Ty or a Carl or Andrea in a default outfit, Maggie, Sofia, so I'm saying that basically I agree with who ever said that it is a year away. And it would be all humans, there isn't really a reason to include zombies, I think people are paying crazy prices for Glenn and Shane, just my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.artasylum.com/2013/07/ask-dst-212-minima-ahhh-you-already-know/

New Q&A is up. Nothing Earth-shattering this time around, except maybe that BTTF is done (who knew that releasing a set with a Principal as a Minimate wouldn't sell well?). I did appreciate the long question that ended with 'Email me back AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!'. It made me chuckle.

Do you think Chuck even read through that whole question? I think he saw "Team Fortress 2 Minimates" and said "I don't even know what that is". Neither do I. laugh.png

Couple of nuggets, though. Chuck's answer about Young Avengers makes me think that we'll be seeing them at San Diego. That would be nice. I hope they make the original four, because I've made customs of Stature and Hawkeye Girl and I'm selfish like that.

I suspect that the X-Women question was actually referring to Marvel Select and not Minimates. I think there's always one question like that in every Q&A. I wonder if they are mislabeled, or if Chuck doesn't read them that closely?smile.png

This is pretty cool news:

Josephina J.
Could you get the rights to Farscape, Babylon 5, Blake’s 7, Lost in Space, Space 1999, The Green Hornet, The Shadow, Underworld film series, True Blood, A Game of Thrones, Primeval tv, Being Humon (US), Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers and Zorro? A Digitgrade leg extension werewolf?
DST Chuck: One maybe two of those is happening.

How long ago must that question have been asked for that person not to know about Lost in Space? Or maybe they just don't follow Minimate news. . .

My guess for the "maybe" second license is "Being Humon" I have no idea what that is, but the weird name has me intrigued!

My question wasn't in there and I sent it within June. Maybe it'll be answered on the next one.

My guess for the "maybe" second license is "Being Humon" I have no idea what that is, but the weird name has me intrigued!

I think it's supposed to be "Being Human". I don't anything about the Tv series though.

No, it actually is 'Being Humon'. It's a documentary series that follows Rom and Nog as they dwell among the inhabitants of DS9.

The only thing listed in that list that I'd want Minimates from is GoT and that's not happening. Short of something 'big' (Star Wars, GI Joe, MOTU, etc). there's not much out there any more that would get me excited about new licenses. Well, I suppose The Tick Minimates would excite me, but not much else.

Josephina J.
Could you get the rights to Farscape, Babylon 5, Blake’s 7, Lost in Space, Space 1999, The Green Hornet, The Shadow, Underworld film series, True Blood, A Game of Thrones, Primeval tv, Being Humon (US), Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers and Zorro? A Digitgrade leg extension werewolf?

New Q&A is up. Nothing Earth-shattering this time around, except maybe that BTTF is done (who knew that releasing a set with a Principal as a Minimate wouldn't sell well?).

Wasn't the Part 2 delorean with Jeniffer the last set though? It's a shame all we needed was Clara and Einstein to complete the main charecters of the series...

Josephina J.

I would kill for Babylon 5 Minimates!! But I really doubt that would happen :(

Otherwise, 80's Flash Gordon is my first choice, as long as Brian Blessed is in the first wave with his huge shit-eating grin! I think I would forego wishlisting for an entire month to get that! :)

But a Buck Rodgers 4-pack at least would be cool, as long as we get Twiki. And I'd be down for Farscape mates as well, but I feel like that ship may have long sailed.

If anyone else here is a Huge Babylon 5 fan like me, there's a 20th Anniversary behind-the-scenes book on cafepress. Mine should be shipping any day now, and I can't WAIT to get it!

And as for the Q&A question about more Terminator minimates, I guess DSTChuck hasn't heard of the confirmed new Trilogy starring Arnold scheduled for release 6-26-2015?

New Q&A is up. Nothing Earth-shattering this time around, except maybe that BTTF is done (who knew that releasing a set with a Principal as a Minimate wouldn't sell well?).

Wasn't the Part 2 delorean with Jeniffer the last set though? It's a shame all we needed was Clara and Einstein to complete the main charecters of the series...

No, there was an anniversary box set too, wasn't there?