UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Hunt 2008 banter thread.

TBT!

Well unfortunatly I'm gona miss probably the most exciting contest here since the scvanger hunt. I'm not at home. i don't have internet access. I don't have gas to get to the library again. So, have fun yall.

Oh yeah, nice coverage on MMHQ. Made it very nice for me not to have to hunt around. Still pissed about black suit spidey being reissued. :/

Oh, and hi there. And bye, I guess. See yall soon.

Oh yeah, clear blanks FTW!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok just to stir the pot some more, We will have 5 sets of the 5 minimates to give away at SDCC and a dozen or so random ones that will end up in members hands. We'd probably have more complete sets but oddly had very few red or green ones.

Watch this space for a contest early next week....

T.

Soo, it is now the end of the week. Gonna let us in on what the contest is all about, or are ya still working on the details?

I guess that there will be no contest. Oh, well, no need for anyone else to ever watch this space or the posts here. Please ignore this thread :)

Edited by karamazov80

It's still going to happen, However I haven't worked out details yet and needed to talk to someone who's been out of town for the last couple of weeks.

But just to keep you interested I'll post some prize pix when I fond my camera!

T.

Not happy with an insignificant set of blanks? Want something quirky and unique... why not have the banner that DST had up on their stand for the duration of the con!

This banner is made of pretty tough Vinyl and is perhaps 2-3 ft wide and maybe 10 ft tall ( very rough guestimations, you can get an idea of scale as the door in the left of the pic is only a few feet behind the banner.

post-7-1218243716_thumb.jpg

Apart from this We'll have what looks like 5 complete sets (of 5, includes SCIFI Six) and perhaps another dozen or so random colors to give away in the contest.

T.

Not happy with an insignificant set of blanks? Want something quirky and unique... why not have the banner that DST had up on their stand for the duration of the con!

This banner is made of pretty tough Vinyl and is perhaps 2-3 ft wide and maybe 10 ft tall ( very rough guestimations, you can get an idea of scale as the door in the left of the pic is only a few feet behind the banner.

post-7-1218243716_thumb.jpg

Apart from this We'll have what looks like 5 complete sets (of 5, includes SCIFI Six) and perhaps another dozen or so random colors to give away in the contest.

T.

WOW!!! thats so awesome!!! Id be happy with just the blanks! But that banner.....woah!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for this contest. I don't own any blanks. I'm so glad to have the chance to win some!

I have a couple of quick questions T. 1)Can you define 'emulating' for me? 2) If we choose a video game that may be less known should we send a reference pic? 3) For #25 can we send multiple pics? Thanks this is fun already!!

OH... and does it have to be Jello tm or can it be another inferior gelatinous product? :P

Edited by vbpanizzi

I have a couple of quick questions T. 1)Can you define 'emulating' for me? 2) If we choose a video game that may be less known should we send a reference pic? 3) For #25 can we send multiple pics? Thanks this is fun already!!

OH... and does it have to be Jello tm or can it be another inferior gelatinous product? :P

1) In this case I could have used recreate or imitate. Basically you need to make a picture that shows visually another members screenname.

2)Nope, one picture per challenge. (If we can't work it out then I might PM and ask though!)

3)See above.

Jello all the way, no inferior products, any products that are not jello will mean your contest entry will be cancelled.

T.

Jello all the way, no inferior products, any products that are not jello will mean your contest entry will be cancelled.

T.

Erm what's Jello and can you get it in the UK?

T.

Erm what's Jello and can you get it in the UK?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin_dessert

Any brand of jello/jelly(uk) works fine. I was responding to the sillyness of the question!! honestly who would know if it was brand name or not when it was made up...

T.

....... honestly who would know if it was brand name or not when it was made up...

T.

Many of us here in the UK have consciences.....not me......but many of us ;) Nobody here wants to be a cheat by using the wrong jelly & if we were caught we'd obviously get our just desserts :P

Gelatine dessert is commonly known as 'jelly' in the UK & is made from animal gelatine,sugar ,flavourings & pectin. Gelatine is extracted from the collagen inside animals' connective tissue. This dessert is generally known as Jell-o in the US & gelatine is processed so extensively that the final product is not categorised as a meat or animal product by the US Federal Government.

I am old & although jelly is readily available here in the UK, I have never seen Jell-o on sale.Perhaps I haven't looked too hard for it. I would imagine that Jell-o isn't sold in the UK because it contains gelatine from a non-UK source. Certain gelatine products cannot be imported into the UK without a licence.

Why? ......

........Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy(BSE) ,'Mad Cow Disease' regulations . Some countries continue to allow feed to be administered to their animals that contain 'mammalian protein '. Mammalian protein = other animals guts . This is banned in the UK, it is not banned in the US although of course it is not encouraged . BSE was specifically linked to this historic practice in the UK . vCJD ,the human variant form of BSE ,is specifically linked to the consumption of BSE infected animal produce.

I'll be using Rowntree's Raspberry flavour just to be safe.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Does photobucket count for higher point challenge 1)?

How is everyone doing with the pics? Anyone ready to brag they have them all. come on this thread has been quiet for too long. I will be finishing up and sending hopefully on Thursday night. Thanks everyone involved for putting this together. I am having a blast.