UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Jean Grey looks awesome. I saw a new 3 pack at TRU this week that had Yellow DD, Stealth Iron Man, and Silver Surfer in it. They all looked really great but not 30$ great. These MU figures are awesome and I can't wait for the Secret Wars 2 pack with IM!

I picked up the Wolvie/Torch Secret Wars pack at Target tonight for Wolverine. He looked OK. Then I noticed he has a giraffe neck! If that wasn't bad enough, his left wrist was turned backwards. So, I tried to turn it around, and instead, it just broke off the peg. What a piece of junk. Bringing them back.

On the bright side, Kilowog and Stargirl JLU figures were on sale for $1.25, and I got an Iron Man Mighty Muggs for $2.50.

What are those Fury Files codes for anyway?

Y'know, I have no idea :P

Regarding Wolvie, the brown Marvel Legends is one of the best toy representations of a comic character that I've seen, but yeah. As with most of the Marvel U figures I've seen, that Wolverine is very underwhelming. I still don't understand how Hasbro's Joes can be so great, yet these are so crappy on the whole.

I really have been hesitant to get involved in another toy line. There are already so many minimates that I have passed up because of money issues, and I always get buyer's remorse when I think that I could be saving the money for more important things, or even a vaction someplace nice...but I really like these. When I was a kid, I would have loved to have these for my collection and I always preferred this scale because it made your battlefields seem so much larger and they were easier to carry around. I've just bid on an assortment that I really liked. Keep your fingers crossed that I win this lot...I may take it as a sign that I shouldn't get these if I don't win! :lol:

......... I always get buyer's remorse when I think that I could be saving the money for more important things, or even a vaction someplace nice.....

There aren't ANY more important things than Minimates :rolleyes:

Vacation? Travel to sunny Devon in SW England "The European Home of the Minimate" .....Book early to save disappointment.

I reckon you can sort your own flight ;)

I really have been hesitant to get involved in another toy line.

Cool as these are, they and their DC counterparts are why I'm "here". When all these were annouced, I had to think long and hard about what I wanted to do. ML had run it's course for me. At the time DCU were having massive QC and distrobution issues (it is a Mattel line afterall). After some serious thinking, I decided I would rather try and work on minimates than start a whole the collecting scale. And considering the sheer volume of minimates DST has pumped out, my wallet is glad for the singular focus.

But man, I see those Secret Wars packs...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These figures are great, but there are a few caveats:

They are very overpriced. $8.50+? When I was a kid these would have only been $5.00, $6.00 tops.

Severe deficiency in villains. For every dozen or so heroes, we get a villain. Or two.

Re-releases of some of the same few characters. Over. And over. And over. How many different versions of Spider-Man and Iron Man do we need?

That's one of the things that makes Minimates so appealing. Reasonably priced, HUGE variety, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the MU 3.75" line, and I plan to keep collecting them, but Hasbro really should tweak down the price a bit and stop neglecting the villains.

Here are a few new pics:

First off, the Vision looks great. His cape is plastic but it's kinda rubbery which I liked.

post-2001-1258044405_thumb.jpg

Although this line has had problems with scale, I like that Warpath towers over Iceman from the Wolverine:Origins line.

post-2001-1258044515_thumb.jpg

The Secret Wars Cyclops is buffer than the Cyclops from Wolverine:Origins. His costume is also a little lighter than I would have liked, but I like his hand positioned like he's pressing the side of his visor... unfortunately I didn't put his hand close to his head in this pic, but it looks good usually.

post-2001-1258044769_thumb.jpg

Jean has a beautiful face as far as Hasbro goes, however she does hunch over slightly because of her shoulder pads...she needs to drink more milk. She's too young for osteoporosis to set in so soon.

post-2001-1258044943_thumb.jpg

Sunfire looks awesome! I wish I had took a better picture of him.

post-2001-1258045037_thumb.jpg

Prepare to fight Magneto!

post-2001-1258045089_thumb.jpg

I keep telling myself that I am gong to stop buying these and sell off the collection I have. They are just sitting on a shelf collecting dust right now. I keep passing up the new wave with Warpath, Jean Grey, Sunfire, etc. They are so damn tempting too. I love the new X-force comic and want that Warpath so badly. Then I remind myself that I am going to sell the ones I have though. It can be so frustrating!

I keep telling myself that I am gong to stop buying these and sell off the collection I have. They are just sitting on a shelf collecting dust right now. I keep passing up the new wave with Warpath, Jean Grey, Sunfire, etc. They are so damn tempting too. I love the new X-force comic and want that Warpath so badly. Then I remind myself that I am going to sell the ones I have though. It can be so frustrating!

So, it looks like you made up your mind...

And here's my latest MU buy

100_1421.jpg

I'll be passing on the Goliath, though, but plan on finding an ML Giant Man BAF at some point.

I'll be passing on the Goliath, though, but plan on finding an ML Giant Man BAF at some point.

Ironic, since Goliath is the one I'm most tempted by. He's just big enough to work with the ML collection... so far I'm resisting. Wish they'd hurry up and sell out before I weaken.

I'm staying away from the larger guys... although the upcoming Galactus is awfully tempting. Anyhow...all of the naysayers of this line can kiss my butt. They wanted Marvel Legends to last forever and I just did not have room for those things. After collecting the Toy Biz line for years it was upsetting when they switched gears and changed to the larger scale...now everyone knows how it feels in reverse. Mwahahahaha!!! :devil:

I can't wait for the next Secret Wars wave with Classic Thor, Enchantress, Mr. Fantastic, Ultron, Classic Hawkeye, & Piledriver.

My only fear with the next Secret Wars wave is that the current 2 waves will still be on the shelves then. Why couldn't they wave started the line out with a wave of all new characters? Out of 12 figures in the first two waves, you only get 4 new characters that haven't been released in this scale. That's a sure way to clog the pegs.

Well, actually I prefer the Secret Wars winged Captain America & fiery Human Torch over the carded figures. I also thought their Hulk looked better and I hadn't gotten Spidey yet, so it all worked out for me.

The only Secret Wars pack I skipped was the Spider-woman/Iron Man one. Anyway, you know how it works...we're always inundated with Spideys, Wolvies, & Iron Men at first, regardless of the toy line. I'm looking foward to these more classic looks in the Secret Wars, & I think people will still buy these upcoming waves. The more modern looks (Thor's new costume, Extremis Iron Man, ect.) are coming out in the carded versions.