UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

one thing to note, you have to buy 2 figures to get them @$10.99 at TRU. If you buy one it's still $7.99.

btw, that sabretooth is freaking awesome.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News (possibly old) for anyone that collects the Wolverine comic line. Last night at Target, I saw the Series 3 maskless tigerstripe Wolverine. So Series 3 is out. I guess. FYI. Could be old news. I don't collect this line. Although on the back of the package there was an Astonishing Cyclops. If I see that in person, I'll probably pick it up.

Yeah, I've been buying the characters that appeal to me, definitely not going into completist (over even close to) over this line. For $8-$9 a pop, I'd like to see better paint apps. Other than that, they are fine figures with great articulation (even if Spidey can't put his heels over his shoulders. ;) ).

Classic Iron Man is indeed worth buying, even if he's the only figure from this line you buy.

I got Thing a couple days ago. He is pretty great. Would be nice if I ran across Hulk and Punisher, now. . .dammit, I did not want to get into this line, but it's too late now :(

I picked up the Astonishing Cyclops and it's pretty sweet. Still on the hunt for that black spidey and both ms marvels

care to post pics of Astonishing Cyke?

I can on Monday. I picked him up at a Target where I work in Wash DC. I couldn't safely bring him back on the plane to Charlotte (where I live) this week so I put him in the desk for the weekend.

And i scored a black spidey today. yayyy!

Edited by Webhead

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Ult. Cap today. Easily their best fig yet.

Good sculpt, awesome paint (he even has a bunch of shading/detailing, making him look like more of a custom than a Hasbro fig)

Plus he looks good fighting Cobra!

I love this line, but finding them is a huge pain. I was hoping to order wave three from HTS, but as soon as it was up it was gone. Same with wave four. And my local Wal-Mart put out one case of the first wave, two of Origins and those sold out pretty quickly and they haven't restocked at all. I know it'd be wrong for them to restock an item with a movie tie-in when the movie's out...

Wave 5 of the Marvel Universe figures have been announced:

Guardian

Spider-Man

Sub-Mariner (Black Trunks)

Silver Centurion Iron Man

Pic at the following link:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12207

Dammit!! That Silver Centurion is just a repainted extremis version... That's just cheap :( I was hoping it would be a proper Silver Centurion version.

Oh well there goes my need to pick up all the IronMan Figures from this line and build a cool 3.75"hall of armors.

T.

Yeah, this is Hasbro we're talking about here.

If you look here:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/alpha/c/

at the Cobra Commanders, the lack of variation in figures from versions 24 through 42 is pretty amazing.

Heh. How about the simple fact there ARE 42 versions of Cobra Commander

They seemed to want to stick him into every comic 2-pack wave and multi-pack. Him, Snake Eyes, Duke, and Storm Shadow were basically the "Wolvie/Spideys" of the 25th Anniversary, GI Joe line.

However, with Iron Man, this could be a good thing for crazy Iron Man fans like TBT!, who would conceivably enjoy having 20 variants of different armor. Drawback is. . .with Hasbro, you are getting more repaints than figures with new sculpts. And not only that, the repaints are often pretty uninspiring.

What surprises me a bit is that, they presumably could have used the parts created for the Joes with the Marvel figures, but instead seem to have opted for all new sculpts. There are so many nifty pieces and parts that they could use, even to help distinguish the Iron Men a bit. But instead, they start from scratch, and thus, have to budget in any new sculpts, which limits their options with figures like this Silver Centurion.