UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i got Juggernaut today. My reaction:

OH. MY. GODS. This little guy is incredible. I read reviews and saw reactions and didn't get why people were so impressed and excited. Sure, it's Juggernaut and Marvel U, but still. Opening him today and playing with this guy, WOW. His articulation is amazing!!! The poses you can get with Marko OFF the base have impressed me to no end; there should be no way he can attain that kind of balance, but he does. The paint is more than fair too. He's massive too; i had a DCUC Hal handy, and looking over at him, i picked him up and compared their arms; both are the same length and Juggy's bicep is like twice the size of Hal's!!

I think Juggy just cemented me as a Marvel U buyer; this is way too impressive. :)

where is Whiplash? Still havent yet seen anything beyond the original released IM2 guys,.

There was a second wave released that's hitting stores (Hulkbuster, etc), but Whiplash and Fusion Armor IM have only really hit CVS drugstores so far (I've heard of one Walmart across the country that had them). Nothing like $12.99 for a figure either.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd quite like a Jessica Drew Spiderwoman. The JC one was a bit poorly articulated or something . . . she just looks very awkward, no matter what pose i out her in.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for the Archangel variant, I've got one I've decided not to keep. If you want one, just pm me.

Also, as of right now HTS has the newest wave of IM figures in-stock for anyone interested. This is the wave with comic accurate Iron Monger (which makes me want a Minimate version even more so). And don't forget the code comic2010 for 10% off.

just a thought but maybe we should have the thread updated to just Marvel Universe 3 3/4 figures? Since Spring 2009 has come and gone :)

Can anyone explain to me the price-hike on Warpath?

Wave 6 (HAMMER 1) hasn't even made it to Australia yet and when i look at ordering it online the price at retailers is anywhere up to US$70.

http://www.toywiz.com/mus6warpath.html

Was Warpath particularly rare? Or has his popularity sky-rocketed recently?

Last time i checked he was a second or third tear X-Man . . . :huh:

The entire Wave is what was scarce. I either saw Jean once or it was a dream; either way didn't buy because of her neck. :P The only ones i EVER see are HoM Spidey and that Wolvie. It's literally like the others just don't exist.

Damn - this is the first wave they've put forward that actually interested me as far as character selection goes and i can't find it anywhere at a reasonable price <_<

Shame about Jean and her quasimodo impression - but i still wanna track her down.

A Hasbro rep. recently admitted that they had messed up on the distribution (Especially the Jean/Vision/Warpath Wave), but as it was the first year of the MU line they were still learning and that we should see an improvement in waves to come. However, some of the recent cases sent to Target have been more peg-warmers which is really ticking off fans.

They need to realize that everybody has an Iron Man that wants one. It's the new characters that are selling out and we need to stay strong and refuse to give into expensive online prices (unless it's your absolute favorite character). I'm also very tired of them packing new characters with repaints that you don't want so they can charge extra. I'd honestly rather them all be single-carded because even though I can save money on a pack that has 2 characters that I want, usually I'm wasting money on someone I don't!

Speaking of Jean, I keep hearing collectors call her ugly, which I think is mis-leading. The head was placed too forward as Nessex said, giving her a very unattractive hunchback...but they did give her a pretty heart-shaped face that was much nicer than anything else I've seen in their 3.75 inch females including the G.I. Joe line.

Awwww man - they all look great. Wrecker looks totally Bas-Ass. Awesome face sculpt. I can't wait to get me a Mystique. she looks awesome too!

Hope these guys make it to Australia. I saw Mystique for Pre-Order online the other week @ US$29.99. Such a rip!