UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you overlook the $.50 difference, isn't Hasbro the real villian here? Aren't they the ones jacking up prices across the board (especially on transformers)?

Good point. I still don't know why the Marvel Universe figures are priced higher than the GI Joes, other than higher startup costs?

Well, I understand they'd be higher because Hasbro has to pay Marvel for the rights, whereas they own GI Joe. What I don't understand is why GI Joe and Transformers are so much when Hasbro owns the brands.

Well, I guess I do understand why the prices are so high. I'm assuming it involves greed and the fact that people continue to buy their stuff.

Ok so now that SDCC is about a month away i need to lock down a source to get the Mu figs exclusives.

anyone here going and willing to pick up a few items for me?

I need one of the Invaders set and Two of the Black and White Caps

Please pm me if you are willing to help :)

If last year was an indication (and I'm sure that it will be), these will probably be available on Hasbrotoyshop.com, and I doubt they will be released in low enough quantities to justify the mad-dash that occurred with the 25th exclusives over the last couple of years, though I could be wrong.

i made this for the heck of it

And you've done an excellent job of it. Sweet. Mayhap you've inspired me to customizing greatness...

I thought of doing the same but am A) too broke to buy spares and B ) too lazy.

... never mind. Timbo inspired me to great laziness. ;)

a few more customs

the official Mu Hulk i think is just too small and has a horrible face sculpt and although you could substitute a Legends Hulk hes a bit to large so i repainted a Hulk movie figure(smaller than a legends) to give me a nice sized hulk for my MU display

post-189-1246306847_thumb.jpg

Here he is for size comparison to my repainted black spidey MU fig.

post-189-1246306779_thumb.jpg

a repainted Microman Batman works nicely in my MU display as well

post-189-1246306734_thumb.jpg

a few more customs

the official Mu Hulk i think is just too small and has a horrible face sculpt and although you could substitute a Legends Hulk hes a bit to large so i repainted a Hulk movie figure(smaller than a legends) to give me a nice sized hulk for my MU display

post-189-1246306847_thumb.jpg

Here he is for size comparison to my repainted black spidey MU fig.

post-189-1246306779_thumb.jpg

a repainted Microman Batman works nicely in my MU display as well

post-189-1246306734_thumb.jpg

Sweet work on the hulk and spidey. I really like that spidey repaint.

Ok so who's going to SDCC and picking me up the Marvel Universe Exclusive Invaders boxed set and the white Cap?

• 2 weeks later...

I had resisted these for as long as I could. I finally found the one I've been looking for- RED HULK!

I'm a big fan of Ed McGuiness' art and I absolutely love this figure!

Now that I have my first, OCD dictates that I start a small collection. I know that The Thing, Green Goblin and Blade will be much harder to pass on now that I have the Big Red Machine waiting to take them on! :lol: