UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

I picked up Iron Man, Bullseye, and Daredevil today. They're probably the only ones I'm gonna get, other than maybe Captain America. I don't know, they aren't very exciting in my opinion. It could just be that I was so excited about Marvel Universe.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think this line is a let-down so far. Hasbro really exceeded expectations with the 25th Joes, but these so far just seem. . .less than what they should be. Maybe things will get better as the line develops.

While we're gauging the quantity of some of the 3.75" figures in our local stores, I've seen Black Panther and Maverick here. I've yet to see comic Deadpool and Gambit in stores, but as karamazov said that's probably bound to change in a matter of weeks. I remember the series 1 Iron Man was really tough to find back then, now I'm seeing its slow comeback in stores.

Oddly I have yet to see Stealth Iron Man and Bullseye.

(I should probably mention that I don't actually collect these, I just like observing how they're doing locally since they're the only other small-scale Marvel toys that actually interest me in retail besides SHS.)

By the way, has anyone been seeing the new "Wolverine and the X-Men" figures? They're based on the X-Men's appearance in the cartoon and appear to be at the same scale as MU and Wolverine Origins.

Edited by NorthRaider

Today was a special day for me, and so i ran into a bit of money.

With my extra cash in my hand, i skipped into town after work to visit my local Target & buy myself one of the remaining Deadpool figures. Alas, when i got there - there were none to be found. Maverick, which had few numbers, and which i had bought the week before still had 2 left. I cursed myself for under-estimating the popularity of the bi-polar merc with a mouth. I hung my head and walked towards the store exit . . . as i departed the toy department through the plush toy isle, i stopped in my tracks. 'Yes - i remember now'. I plunged my hand into the second highest shelf, past the plush 'my little ponies' and teddy bears . . . right to the back. . . and there it was! The Deadpool i had hidden there the week before and *almost* forgotten about, was still there. after several minutes of grinning like an idiot, i headed for the check-out to pay for my little present to myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the 3 3/4" Terminators in the store, and was not impressed. Back on topic, I couldn't help but buy a Classic Iron Man and Ultimates Captain America that I saw today at Target. Opened Iron Man up, and he is really nice and shiny. Just need brown Wolvie and classic Cap to complete my "Secret Wars" good guys. Figure I'll pass on the Daredevil, Black Spidey, and Falcon.

I really like the Ultimate Cap figure and the "Top Secret" document that came with him is rather interesting as well. The Terminator and Star Trek toys are all other my TRU. They are both made by Playmates and are both underwhelming.

I picked up the two endoskeletons yesterday to go with my Joes and MU stuff. They're okay, but the selling point to me was that they weren't $8+ per figure.

And I saw the Star Trek stuff and plan on passing until they're on clearance (which I'm positive will happen). Just sad to see them done so poorly.

Off topic, but I noticed a while back that you can still get those old Star Trek: Next Generation figures from the late 90s, carded, for next to nothing on EBay. Kind of weird. The less popular carded Secret Wars and Ninja Turtles figures also go for dirt cheap. The pre-1986 Joes, however, can cost an arm and a leg.

So anyone going to get these? I tried not to but they are starting to grow on me. paint apps could be better on some but overall it's very cool to have marvel figures in scale with GI Joe

That thread is located in the wrong section though, so it is understandable that Webhead would miss it. Personally, I wasn't too impressed, until I got Classic Iron Man. He is a real thing of beauty. I will buy almost every Secret Wars pack so far announced (as they all have original "Secret Wars" figures from the 1980s line included), and the Spidey and His Amazing Friends set.

Yeah I search in this forum...didn't expect to see anything on these in the Hasbro Heroes forum. I'm surprised the mods haven't moved it over by now.

My brother called me today and said Classic Iron was incredible. I'm definitely getting all the spidey related ones, and hope to be able to have the New Avengers on my desk at some point.

Edited by Webhead

This really should get moved to the Other Toys & Collectables section. I created an unnecessary thread there because i couldn't find anything on these there.

So far I've got Iron Fist, Spidey, both Iron Man, and Silver Surfer. Looking to find DD and Ronin soon...as well as Black spidey.

We aren't omniscient guys. We're not always aware of problems or potential problems until things are reported to us (as Webhead has done) leave this with me. I'll see if it's practical to merge the two threads here. Or if it makes more sense just to close the thread in Hasbro Heroes and leave one in here as the main thread. This forum does feel to be the correct place for a thread on the 3 3/4 figures.

So far I've got Iron Fist, Spidey, both Iron Man, and Silver Surfer. Looking to find DD and Ronin soon...as well as Black spidey.

Black Spidey should be easy to find. They are supposedly packed 2 per case. I went to Target the other day, and everything was gone except a couple wave 1 Spideys, and 3 Symbiotes. However, he is also supposedly getting released in a comic pack with another "Secret Wars" character--Magneto. So personally, I will hold off (I really hope the comic packs are reasonably priced relative to the single figures):

http://www.toyark.com/fury-files-checklist-3854/

Edited by karamazov80

Black Spidey should be easy to find. They are supposedly packed 2 per case. I went to Target the other day, and everything was gone except a couple wave 1 Spideys, and 3 Symbiotes. However, he is also supposedly getting released in a comic pack with another "Secret Wars" character--Magneto. So personally, I will hold off (I really hope the comic packs are reasonably priced relative to the single figures):

http://www.toyark.com/fury-files-checklist-3854/

Awesome website. I can never get enough spideys so we'll see. The stores have been BARREN here and where I work in Wash DC. My brother lives near Akron OH and he hit the jackpot yesterday evening...scooped up Wave 3. He likes the black spidey alot.

Just a heads up, the Wolverine series is on sale at TRU.

Singles are 5.50 each, and the Backroad Brawl set is 12.99 (which is much easier to swallow if you are just getting it for Sabes)

Thanks for the heads up.

Sabretooth...you will be mine!

I've got most of wave one and all of two and so far i think they look great. Marvel legends figures like the BAF galactus and sentinal as well as dragon man and even yellow jacket fit in nicely given their scale. Currently hunting series 3 and 4 looks awesome