UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my shipment of these last night and, with the latest wave of Iron Man armors, I am loving this scale for these more and more.

Of course, I just saw rumors of a Giant Size X-Men set that leaves a sour taste in my mouth since they've released most of the characters already.

Edited by groundhog7s

The Giant Size X-Men set is very frustrating to me as well. My favorite costume for Storm is her original one and this means I'll have to pay a fortune to get figures I already have,just to get her. I had to get another Cyclops when I pre-ordered Phoenix, as well. I'll have 5 duplicate figures before long! PLEASE Hasbro, make a single-carded figure of Storm in this outfit. :(

As promised here are some pictures of Wave 8. . . .

They all look pretty awesome. I'm a bit bummed that the cheaped out on Kitty & Havok by giving them painted belts rather than sculpted ones like the one Collossus got, but i'm still very keen to get these.

I love doing these battle pics: :P

Wolverine: Just throw me right in the thick of it, Pete!

Colossus: As you wish, comrade!

post-2001-1275693139_thumb.jpg

Captain America: Look out, Cyclops! Watch your 9 o'clock!

Cyclops: Where did all these guys come from?!

post-2001-1275693206_thumb.jpg

Nightcrawler: Remember me?

Dr. Doom: You DARE lay your hands on Doom?!

post-2001-1275693356_thumb.jpg

Black Widow: We're getting pinned in!

Hawkeye: Just don't stop, Natasha!

Thing: It's Clobberin' Time!

Juggernaut: RRRaaarrrgghhh!!!!!

post-2001-1275693500_thumb.jpg

Thor: The son of Odin shall smite thee!

post-2001-1275693610_thumb.jpg

Storm: Goddess!!! They keep coming!

post-2001-1275693739_thumb.jpg

Spidey: It's gettin' crowded in here! So much for that late night dinner with MJ!

post-2001-1275694212_thumb.jpg

Right. It's a matter of taste (more realistic or block), but minimates has a much wider selection of characters and a more uniform look. Also, minimates has all the different licenses, so you can put Batman, Hannibal Lechter, Marty McFly, Hulk and Madonna all together and they look cohesive. That's my favorite part. :)

Unfortunately, the next couple of lines aren't really that important to me.

I'm getting Wrecker in the next wave, Mystique & Captain Britain after that, and only Yellowjacket in the one after that.

I'm not dissing the MU line's choices though. I know other people want Iron Spidey, Ghost Rider, Winter Soldier, Thanos and MJ Watson...

It's the same with Minimates.

I don't want Iron Man minimates or Liefeld minimates. I'm only looking forward to Betsy Braddock.

I'm still waiting for pics of Wave 37 to make up my mind on them.

Same old characters everywhere, with a few different characters here and there (only one out of say 10 stores near me has a Blade, for example).

In other news, I got Juggernaut and Angel today through a trade. The figures are great; Juggernaut is perfect and angel is by far the best use of that base body. Great b-day present I might say :D

I hear Classic Havoc is a running change, and that is the one I want.

Ah - i'm trying to get one of each version. Most of the variants don't ever seem to make it to Australia. If anyone comes across a spare Classic Havok (Or the Red & Blue Warpath, or Blonde Black Widow) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. I'll happily pay through paypal for it or work out some kind of trade with you :)

For anyone looking for the Iron Man 2 stuff, I found a Fusion Armor Iron Man at a CVS this weekend. I've heard rumors of movie Whiplash showing up at some also, but not at the one I was at.

Aren't Whiplash, Widow and Fury supposed to be in that same wave? I haven't seen them at all.

I believe Fury and BW got pushed back to closer to the DVD release (I'm pretty sure Hasbro said that in a recent Q&A).

Overall, the Fusion armor is like the Stealth armor, only cool. It's not worth what I paid for it, but I really didn't want to miss the chance of finding it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i gotta say, i was NEVER a fan of the 3 3/4" scale. When they first debuted these...i was underwhelmed. Then DCIH came out and killed any chance they had...until First Flight Hal (whose head now sits on a Series 2 Hal body). I started to like his...smallness??...i guess, and made it synonymous with the size of Minimates with how i could have tons of them and not take up the same space as 6"ers. Once i got Anti-monitor i knew i was hooked.

I started buying IM2 figures, and just fell in love with this scale, when i decided i needed an in-scale Cap and Thor. They led me to MU, and the rest is history. So far i've been cherry picking the line, based on characters, costume, and quality, and have Ult. Cap, Modern Thor (AMAZING figure), Black Widow, Extremis Iron Man, and the Movie and Comic IM series, with Invaders Cap, Juggernaut, Bucky, Green and Red Hulks, and Luke Cage on hold at my LCS.

So yea...hooked... :)