UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chef Duff Minimates

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did a small calculation out of curiosity and considering is he does a run of 3000 and sells them at 15 bucks, he is going to pocket 45k. I wonder how much you need to get a Mate into production, if it's not too expensive I could see about a 'Fo Shizzle' Mate.... ;) I don't think they'd sell as well though... :lol:

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I just did a small calculation out of curiosity and considering is he does a run of 3000 and sells them at 15 bucks, he is going to pocket 45k. I wonder how much you need to get a Mate into production, if it's not too expensive I could see about a 'Fo Shizzle' Mate.... ;) I don't think they'd sell as well though... :lol:

I'd buy one. :D Would it come with guns? :P

I'd buy one. :D Would it come with guns? :P

:lol: Yeah sure, grenades, swords, crossbow, and it includes a giant beer stein!! Oh, and mini version of my dogs of course!!

I think that may be a blow torch and not a flamethrower Winkerbean, he has used one on the show before.

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I just did a small calculation out of curiosity and considering is he does a run of 3000 and sells them at 15 bucks, he is going to pocket 45k.

True, if they were free to produce, and if BBTS didn't take a (probably substantial) cut ;)

Sign me up for a "Shizzle" mate, for sure :)

Edited by karamazov80

So anyone who gets one of these and doesn't want it had BETTER come to me and offer it!! ;)

I too am a fan of the show and think it is a great idea!

Now, if they make a set for Iron Chef and Iron Chef America........ I'd gladly buy those!

I love Ace of Cakes!!! I'd love to see a box set from the show. Plus, the Iron Chef ideal is great, but for me, only Iron Chef Japan....the original. Throw in Guy from DDD. and Paula Dean!!!

Hey folks,

The scoop is... Duff's brother and manager, answered, seems like a rally cool guy.

He answered some questions

To answer your questions about our exclusive charmcitycakes.com Minimate exclusive:

1) These are fully completed and will be offered for sale on our website sometime next month.

2) The initial order was for 3000, but we may do additional figures/designs if they sell well.

3) Duff IS a huge Minimate fan and is especially happy to be working with another local Baltimore business, Diamond Select "to help support out local hometown industry."

So there you have it folks... If you are reading this Duff/Willie then thanks for answering and feel free stop by anytime.

T.

That's awesome!!! It makes me love the show even more. For those who are interested, the show is on Thursdays at 10pm with 2 new episodes. Plus, you can catch the re-runs during the week. I wish I had a trip to Baltimore planned, it would be so awesome to have Duff sign my mate!!! I really hope they make more of the other bakers!!!

I wish I had a trip to Baltimore planned, it would be so awesome to have Duff sign my mate!!!

I actually go to Baltimore about twice a year and thought about buying two so I could have him sign one and then I read this from their website:

"Can I come to your shop to watch you work?

We are a very small, very busy shop. Every cake we make is handcrafted to order, and while that makes for some really spectacular cakes, it doesn't leave us with a lot of time for visitors and jibba jabba. So we can't have people stopping in to watch. We do realize that you are special, but we simply do not have the time or resources for visitors.

Also, our evil lawyers have told us it's a no-no to have folks traipsing through here. Would you want a parade of visitors walking through a place you were ordering food from? Didn't think so.

If you ask to visit, we will be forced to say "no" (see above re: evil lawyers) and then we will feel like meanie heads. If you show up anyway, we will not be able to let you come inside and then we'll feel like mega jerk meanie heads. We don't want to let you down and we don't want to feel like mega jerk meanie heads. We are very sorry to be so stern and such, but there are no exceptions to this policy."

I'm taking that as a no :( but, it makes sense. I mean you never see anyone outside the store when when they are filming, and as popular as the show is you'd think you'd see the occasional tourist or something peering in the windows or something! (I probably would ;) )

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Just got an e-mail from BBTS:

BBTS - Ace of Cakes Duff Minimate Orders Cancelled

Hello! When the "Ace of Cakes" Duff Minimate was displayed at SDCC, we were of the understanding that all items displayed were available. We have since learned that the "Ace of Cakes" Duff Minimate is to be exclusive to Charm City Cakes, and not available via normal Diamond channels. We apologise for this misunderstanding, and we will be cancelling all pre-orders for this item and removing it from our site. If you have interest in this figure, we suggest you check with the Charm City Cakes website for further information. Thanks for your understanding! Joel Boblit BigBadToyStore.com

Hello! When the "Ace of Cakes" Duff Minimate was displayed at SDCC, we were of the understanding that all items displayed were available. We have since learned that the "Ace of Cakes" Duff Minimate is to be exclusive to Charm City Cakes, and not available via normal Diamond channels. We apologise for this misunderstanding, and we will be cancelling all pre-orders for this item and removing it from our site. If you have interest in this figure, we suggest you check with the Charm City Cakes website for further information. Thanks for your understanding! Joel Boblit BigBadToyStore.com

Yeah - I got the same "Dear John" e-mail from BBTS - I can't say that this comes as a surprise... I was actually surprised to see them in BBTS catalog to begin with.

Yeah - I got the same "Dear John" e-mail from BBTS - I can't say that this comes as a surprise... I was actually surprised to see them in BBTS catalog to begin with.

Strangely enough when I read my email it was no surprise to me either.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Strangely enough when I read my email it was no surprise to me either.

I kind of am surprised. Though I know that they do it from time to time, this is the first time BBTS has had to cancel on me. I assumed that Charm City had worked something out with BBTS to distribute them, which would make a great deal of sense to me. But oh, well.

Also, I wonder how the decision was made to price those at $15 each, since no negotiations were apparently made to sell them? They just picked a number out of the air?

Be sure to check out artasylum.com for a write up about this set and the disgn sheet for an alternate version, looks awesome!!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Whoa... A minimate flicking someone off. Dude... I want that accessory. I really do.

i can see me turning that iceing gun back pack into a flamethrower for the platoon minimate's & a baseball cap!!!! it's about time we got a baseball cap now i can get on with my A-team, my Murdoch just would'nt look right without his baseball cap

Yeah at San Diego Comic-Con, DSTMatt told me that they would only be available from CCC. That he ordered them exclusively for himself to sell yadda yadda yadda yadda. SO no surprise here, BBTS jumped the gun.

-CloneMe