UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chef Duff Minimates

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came in the mail.

Did they send it UPS or USPS, out of curiosity? I don't recall the options at checkout, but with the storm coming, I hope it is the latter so it won't get dropped off in the drive way if I have to leave town.

Cool thanks! mine was -5 when I ordered so I should get mine soon!

Following that logic, I should be seeing mine soon as well, since I ordered the first set from their site.

That's right, as soon as I was notified that these things were available for order, I put my order in first, THEN posted about it on MMHQ and here. B)

Hey, sorry about not replying faster, went away for the weekend not two hours after getting him.

miniduff1.pngminiduff2.pngminiduff3.png

Sorry the pictures suck.

Anyhow, I got backorder number -40 something, he came UPS, and I live only about four hours away from Baltimore so that probably has something to do with it.

Just got mine, and a couple of quick observations- EARS he has molded ears on his otherwise bald head, this is a first and doesnt really jive with all the earlier bald guys with drawn on ears. I wonder if this is something Duff required or if this is how AA will address "Bald" heads from now on?

the chainsaws appear to have been assembled incorrectly at the manufacturers they should appear as so...

post-189-1220381131_thumb.jpg

to be like an actual chain saw, not as they come in the pack as shown above in Lees' pic,

not a big deal and easily fixed.

Edited by Mattallica

did you get any sort of confirmation/shipping email, or did it just show up unannounced? I still haven't heard anything since I placed the order.

i got an automated response via email immediately after i placed the order that stated they were backordered then a day or so later another saying they would ship soon but no date or tracking number, they came via ups and were just sitting on my doorstep this morning. hope that helps :confused:

Show us the CHAINSAW!

Now who needs a chainsaw to make cakes..(?) :biggrin: (Or a guitar)

:verymad: Somebody must make it adapt to the minimate arm for an ash-mate or I'll be very mad.

So finally got mine yesterday and was very excited up until I realized what my roommate was handing me :ohmy: . A padded envelope :( ...... My joy quickly turned to mild anger :hulk: . It really looked like someone propped it under a wobbly table to make it level. I see most of you opened yours, but even still for 8 bucks shipping I think I should have the first opportunity to destroy the packaging of whatever I buy. I mean, I wasn't even planning on opening mine but lightened up a bit after playing with all the little accesories :blush: . So point being did anyone else get theirs in less than stellar condition and has anyone seen if they have any recourse or are we out of luck? I mean I want order another but not if I am going to have the same problem. Thanks!!!

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Mine too failed the UPS Samsonite test, but I was planning on opening them anyway, so it was of little concern to me. I was a little bummed though, and I can understand that the MIB crowd will likely be wary of ordering this.

Chef Dudd I'm sure would be horrified if one of his gateaux arrived crushed. I'm a MIB-man & if I paying for design/printing/packaging, then I'll decide when to destroy it & grasp my 'Mate :unsure: . I have always sung the praises of US toy enthusiasts & sellers who appreciate that 'the toy' includes the 'package' however my opinion of this stunt just gets worse.

I ordered one, and it too arrived in post-Hulk-Smash condition. The card is bent and curled, and the bubble is separating from the card on the left and right. Fortunately I'm an opener and the 'mate is in fine shape, but it is annoying. I keep the backing cards from all my packages, so I'm somewhat bummed that this one - sporting a cool, colorful design - arrived ruined.

Maybe if you buy more than one, you get them shipped in a box? Can anyone comment?

I ordered 2, and 1 was completely beat up---bubble smashed, etc. The other 1 wasn't quite as bad, just the card being a bit bent, but the bubble was fine. So i guess I'm ok, cuz 1 was bought to open-although I would prefer the one I'm keeping on the card to be in better shape, but at least its just the bent card!

...Maybe if you buy more than one, you get them shipped in a box? Can anyone comment?

I can , and Nope i got two and they came shipped in the same plastic bubble envelope, i got lucky i guess as one was in the aformentioned curled/crushed condition but the other (the variant i guess :teehee: ) was in remarkably good condition???

I ordered one, and it too arrived in post-Hulk-Smash condition. The card is bent and curled, and the bubble is separating from the card on the left and right. Fortunately I'm an opener and the 'mate is in fine shape, but it is annoying. I keep the backing cards from all my packages, so I'm somewhat bummed that this one - sporting a cool, colorful design - arrived ruined.

Maybe if you buy more than one, you get them shipped in a box? Can anyone comment?

Nope...I bought two and the packaging on both was both beat to hell