UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates 8 pics

elmeaux

I thought I'd upload a few pics of the alternate/new pieces/parts from the new series. Put it in it's own thread so as not to bog down the other threads.

post-682-1213196510_thumb.jpg

post-682-1213196525_thumb.jpg

post-682-1213196531_thumb.jpg

post-682-1213196541_thumb.jpg

post-682-1213196548_thumb.jpg

post-682-1213196557_thumb.jpg

post-682-1213196564_thumb.jpg

Edit: more pics further down the thread.

Edited by elmeaux

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I LOVE Cyborg's finger. Awesome!

... Waitaminute, It's the GIRL QUESTION!?!!?

What the hell?

No one likes Montoya as much as Vic.

That is a HUGE slap in the face. :(

Just swap the chest, that'd at least help.

Thanks for the pics elmeaux! Montoya's hat could totally be used for a Michael Jackson custom and Salaak's going to make Ninja Turtles customs a whole lot easier to do!

Edited by Fujis

Thanks for the pics elmeaux. I think these look pretty cool actually. Does Cyborg have a removable helmet?

Just idly wondering, if you stuck Sinestro's head on Salaak's torso and had Smart Hulk duck feet, just how tall would your Minimate be?

what about picts of red son superman and wonderwomen though?

They look like DCD's catalog shots so I figured I'd concentrate on what hadn't been shown before. I haven't picked up my gear yet so I'll snap a pic for you in a bit. :)

Did Sinestro and Saalak come with lanterns? What accessories come with the Red Son figures?

Yes, they do come with lanterns. Same mold DCD's used before. RS WW comes with her lasso, but that's it.

Does Cyborg have a removable helmet?

Good question. Mine didn't budge easilly (might be glued?) and since it's thin in some spots (chin and "headband") I didn't want to chance tearing it. It's definitely a separate part so it could be removed by someone more daring than I.

E>

Did Sinestro and Saalak come with lanterns? What accessories come with the Red Son figures?

RS WW comes with her lasso, but that's it.

Rats, there were quite a few nifty accessory possibilities in that TPB...Bottle City of Kandor, smashed Brainiac head...I hoped for at least a Minimate sized Soviet flag.

Cool news about the lanterns though!

Edited by hypno

While JP would fire me if I reviewed these sets here, I can post a few notes:

* Cyborg's face mask is removable. He sports some robotic detail right underneath the edge of his metal plate, but lacks any further detailing. No eye, no nothing. I'm not familiar with the character so I have no clue if this is accurate or not.

* Wonder Woman and Raven are not going commando, so these are kid friendly characters.

* Batwoman has Batgirl's hair. Superman and Wonder Woman reuse their hair pieces as well.

* Sinestro's head is a regular head with hair, which fits other heads if the customizers feel so inclined.

* Sinestro and Salaak both have their rings painted on their fingers and come with the oversized lantern sculpt that was last used on Kilowagg (sp?). Not sure if this is comic accurate or not.

* Salaak's feet are Nightcrawler's feet with a C3 hole, for those disappointed that the Target Nightcrawler came with the original design.

* Reversible faces for Question and Raven.

* Full face mask for Batwoman.

* Question sports Assault Punisher's jacket and the "why the hell did we sculpt this?" belt from the classic Flash.

* Sinestro is the face on the packaging this round, making him the only villain to headline a wave.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

Okay, I LOVE Cyborg's finger. Awesome!

For the love of God, don't pull it!!!!

... Waitaminute, It's the GIRL QUESTION!?!!?

What the hell?

No one likes Montoya as much as Vic.

That is a HUGE slap in the face. :(

You can't say "no one" just because you don't.

I don't either, if that helps his cause.

I wasn't going to get the Red Son figures, but I think that Superman face is about 100 times better than the one that came with wave 1 Supes. Further, I think Wonder Woman looks better with the skirt (though painting that blue would be a bitch). So, I'll probably get them. I also really dig Cyborg, Raven, and Sinestro, but I just don't feel the need to run out and buy these right away like I have with previous waves. I guess there is just no "essential" figure for me here. They do look fine for what they are, though.

I'm really hoping that DST decides to use the innovative "2-faces" heads for some of the forthcoming Marvel sets/waves. If you are going to get 3 different Wasps, for instance, it would be nice to also have 2 different faces to go with those different outfits.

Edited by karamazov80

Loving the lot of them. I would have preferred a male Question but thats easy sorted with a another shirt.

The double faces are brilliant this is the innovation I have come to expect from DCD that in such a short time pushed them to the top of the MM line in my eyes and for some reason they want to cancel!

Nice figures all around and I'm sorry to say DC minimates you wil be missed.

Costumed heroes & heroines interspiced with a few costumed villains & an alien(?) . :thumbsup: These are Minimates that I can relate to & enjoy rather than f**king... irritating obscure characters with shirts & ties on ...yeah ..24. I know very little about DC characters but I just love these & previous DC /C3 series'. Tragedy..but it's all been said.

Costumed heroes & heroines interspiced with a few costumed villains & an alien(?) . :thumbsup: These are Minimates that I can relate to & enjoy rather than f**king... irritating obscure characters with shirts & ties on ...yeah ..24. I know very little about DC characters but I just love these & previous DC /C3 series'. Tragedy..but it's all been said.

I'm right up with you. The designs on these guys sell themselves.

Well it figures... it's the last wave of DC minimates and I'm late to the punch of posting pics. Anyway... here are a couple more from different angles. Enjoy!

(click thumbnails for larger images)

Card Back

th_DCMMpackback.jpg

Cyborg & Raven

th_CyborgRavenpack.jpg

th_Cyborg.jpgth_Cyborgfront.jpgth_Cyborgback.jpg

th_Ravenfront1.jpgth_Ravenback1.jpg

th_Ravenfront2.jpgth_Ravenback2.jpg

Batwoman & The Question

th_BWTQpack.jpg

th_Batwomanfront.jpgth_Batwomanback.jpg

th_questionfront.jpgth_questionback.jpg