UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates 8 pics

elmeaux

Got mine in the post today from Limited Edition and as always DC pushes the envelope with their mates. That being said this wave to me feels a bit more cheaply made then others, joints a bit looser things like that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I look at the Question, Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' pops in my head for some reason.

Sad, but true (virtually no modification neccessary!). JP will have a hey-day with this one! :D

When I look at the Question, Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' pops in my head for some reason.

Sad, but true (virtually no modification neccessary!). JP will have a hey-day with this one! :D

Yeah, and the nose has already disappeared... Just like MJ I tellya :lol:

Well, here is the reason that I bought Soviet Supes. I think that it is a major improvement. (note: I tried switching the Wonder Woman heads, but I didn't like it very much).:

post-1827-1213792293_thumb.jpg

To me, this is much more the iconic, classic Superman that I know. The prettier, smugly satisfied face that came with the DCD Supes was good, but was never quite right for me.

For comparison purposes:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=261

Edited by karamazov80

Finally got them today as well. Raven in AWESOME! Easily became my favorite DC Minimate. All in all a good series, but I still can't get over the fact that I will, at least for the foreseeable future, not be getting a Beast Boy to finish off the "animated" team =( *sigh*

Got mine today, Cyborg and Sinestro are my current faves.

My Red Son Superman had two right arms though, so if anyone gets one with two left arms, i'll gladly swap with ya.

• 2 weeks later...
I wasn't going to get the Red Son figures, but I think that Superman face is about 100 times better than the one that came with wave 1 Supes.

I agree, wave 8 supes looks like the classic fleschier cartoon superman, where as wave 1 supes reminds me for some reason of brandon routh from superman returns

Incidently, JLU created a lot of new Question fans, and he was really poised to be the breakout character from 52. So what did they do? They killed him. Brilliant. :verymad:

I totally agree, he was one of the best JLU charecters, I was really excited he would be a main charecter in 52 only to see him die (though i didnt realise at the time, it wasnt really clear, he was just lying face down in the snow on a mountain :(

Finally got them today as well. Raven in AWESOME! Easily became my favorite DC Minimate. All in all a good series, but I still can't get over the fact that I will, at least for the foreseeable future, not be getting a Beast Boy to finish off the "animated" team =( *sigh*

How right you are, if only we could have had a 2 pack of beast boy and terra, then we would have has most of the classic 80's titans (except wondergirl)

overall I really liked this wave, though its a shame it got cancelled so soon

JAG2045

Also, just for clarification, the Question in the comic books was never anything like he is in JLU.

I have thought from his first appearance in the toon that JLU Question was a not-so-lightly-veiled nod to Rorschach (who, of course, was initially supposed to be, and was heavily based upon, the original, 1960s Question). I mean, the episode was called "Fearful Symmetry." Until recently, though, post-Watchmen Question was never an important DCU character in the comics, from what I have seen (apart from a mini-series or two). So, any substantial character development probably happened in the last few years.

The JLU Question is not all that different from the comics version: Steve Ditko created him as a crusading reporter that never backs off a story (with the Question persona being a means to an end); Denny O'Neil expanded upon this in his excellent 1980's series (currently being reprinted!) that cast Sage as a man constantly "asking questions". The cpnspiracy theorist in JLU is a pretty logical extension of this character.

Incidently, JLU created a lot of new Question fans, and he was really poised to be the breakout character from 52. So what did they do? They killed him. Brilliant. :verymad:

Yeah the JLU one rocked my socks! He became one of my favorite superheroes after and during JLU.

The things on the ends of shoe string are called aglets and their purpose is sinister!

-The Question, JLU episode "Question Authority"