UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates 8 pics

elmeaux

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stop by my shop today, but no Mates today :( If he doesn't get them in soon I might have to get a new shop :lol: So this is it until they re-evalute the line? I hope they bring it back and can work through this obstacle. Those who have known me for a while know this is how I got started with Mates, back when they were C3 :P Now it is a much larger collection.

Well, it sounds like I'm in the majority Lastmaximal. :whistling:

Guess YOU'RE the only one who likes Montoya more. :tongue:

In her defense, there's nothing wrong with the character... But after watching JLU, Question (Vic) is by far one of the best characters out there.

No comparison.

Well, it sounds like I'm in the majority Lastmaximal. :whistling:

In her defense, there's nothing wrong with the character... But after watching JLU, Question (Vic) is by far one of the best characters out there.

No comparison.

Wait, has lastmaximal even posted in this thread? I'm perfectly happy being in the minority on this one and you can't say I'm the only one. However, I stand by my statement. Also, just for clarification, the Question in the comic books was never anything like he is in JLU.

Edited by God Magnus

Can't wait to get my hands on these, they look great (except salaak imo). Really irritating that i'll probably never complete the New Teen Titans line-up though.

Also, just for clarification, the Question in the comic books was never anything like he is in JLU.

I have thought from his first appearance in the toon that JLU Question was a not-so-lightly-veiled nod to Rorschach (who, of course, was initially supposed to be, and was heavily based upon, the original, 1960s Question). I mean, the episode was called "Fearful Symmetry." Until recently, though, post-Watchmen Question was never an important DCU character in the comics, from what I have seen (apart from a mini-series or two). So, any substantial character development probably happened in the last few years.

Thanks to everyone for the photos. Wave 8 looks like another great wave of DC Minimates. It's a shame that this line has been killed.

Oh, and I like the Montoya Question, but even I think that the Vic Sage Question deserved a Minimate first.

Also, just for clarification, the Question in the comic books was never anything like he is in JLU.

I have thought from his first appearance in the toon that JLU Question was a not-so-lightly-veiled nod to Rorschach (who, of course, was initially supposed to be, and was heavily based upon, the original, 1960s Question). I mean, the episode was called "Fearful Symmetry." Until recently, though, post-Watchmen Question was never an important DCU character in the comics, from what I have seen (apart from a mini-series or two). So, any substantial character development probably happened in the last few years.

The JLU Question is not all that different from the comics version: Steve Ditko created him as a crusading reporter that never backs off a story (with the Question persona being a means to an end); Denny O'Neil expanded upon this in his excellent 1980's series (currently being reprinted!) that cast Sage as a man constantly "asking questions". The cpnspiracy theorist in JLU is a pretty logical extension of this character.

Incidently, JLU created a lot of new Question fans, and he was really poised to be the breakout character from 52. So what did they do? They killed him. Brilliant. :verymad:

Edited by hellpop

Well, it sounds like I'm in the majority Lastmaximal.

No comparison.

Wait, has lastmaximal even posted in this thread? I'm perfectly happy being in the minority on this one and you can't say I'm the only one. However, I stand by my statement. Also, just for clarification, the Question in the comic books was never anything like he is in JLU.

Gah! :sweat:

Sorry Magnus. I see your pic and jump to the conclusion of Maximals (since they are transformers). Yes, I know God Maguns is a transformer as well, but that's not the way my thought process works.

You might be able to avoid some confusion by changing your avatar to this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...0px-Magnus0.jpg :tongue:

As for Question, sure the comic's version never ran over Parademons with his car... But would he if he had the chance?

I think that is the real point here. Comic's Question was never really in the lime-light. Apart from 2 mini series and him helping Huntress clear her name (Which is kind of depicted in the cartoon) he never did anything til 52.

I like the think he would have been just like the cartoon had he had more "screen time."

And, since Montoya was ORIGINALLY introduced in the cartoon (along with characters like Harley Quinn) I think it's fairly close to cannon.

This one's for you vic. :thumbsup:

(hellpop, there might be people who haven't read 52 yet. You might want to SPOILER box your last line. :ninja: )

wait, isnt the Question a dude!?!?!?! (im not a comic person) the JLU tv show he was a guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_%28comics%29

that says he is a guy

any help?

please

wait, isnt the Question a dude!?!?!?! (im not a comic person) the JLU tv show he was a guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_%28comics%29

that says he is a guy

any help?

please

Excuse me, sir? It says right there:

Months later, Renee assumes the mantle of the Question as she and Nightwing search for the captured Batwoman and retains the role afterwards.

Just read the whole article. Or, better yet, skip to the end. Don't just look at the pictures. That just makes confusion from ignorance. :rolleyes::)

And, on a side note, does anyone have any suggestions on how to resurrect Vic through this Minimate (how to make Renee Jackson lookin' like our man Question)?

Edited by Alpheon

I mentioned this in the other DC 8 thread running: I used the shirt & tie torso from a BSG Wave 2 Gaius Baltar. For the hat I simply used the hait/hair piece from Rocky II's Tiger Jacket Rocky. It's not 100% perfect, since the hat is cocked on his head, but I'm really happy with it. In fact, I'd used this formula to make a custom Question months ago, and just swapped out the other parts for the androgynous Montoya parts. I'll try to post pics soon.

post-682-1213196541_thumb.jpg

does anyone else see a super easy psylocke custom from this figure?

great minds must think alike moc :thumbsup:

why thats the dumbest idea i've ever heard! no one in their right mind would think to do that! its not like i picked up an extra set to do that! (appears behind winkerbean and munderofcrows and bonks them with a shovel)

:whistling:

Bought 'em all yesterday. VERY happy with the innovative and simply incredible Salaak. Even if you've never heard of a Green Lantern, he's worth picking up. His head comes off rather easily, though.

I'm hoping Sinestro's large head can be used for a Freedom Force Blitzkrieg custom... :D Sinestro himself is a nice figure, too. Well executed, but his hair sometimes looks like it's just--I dunno, "sitting" on his head. Like a stiff toupee. Also, he strangely has the "big" lantern used more appropriately for Kilowagg and Salaak, as opposed to the smaller mold.

Not whining, DST! You did a fine job! :)

After my instense anticipation of Soviet Supes and Diana...they seem, underwhelming, somehow. I have no idea how they could be improved, and it's probably just a personal thing. I built them up to be the coolest figures ever, and...well, they're not. :confused:

I haven't opened the others. More on them later.

I know you'll be waiting on bated breath. :P

Edited by Alpheon

After my instense anticipation of Soviet Supes and Diana...they seem, underwhelming, somehow. I have no idea how they could be improved, and it's probably just a personal thing. I built them up to be the coolest figures ever, and...well, they're not. :confused:

I agree with Hypno's earlier post that they should have included a tiny Soviet flag, but , I don't think that would have made them so awesome you have to run out and get one, if you know what I mean. Which is weird though, because the actual figures are two of the favorites in my collection. Especially the Wonder Woman one. But they're still look kinda cool standing next to their larger counter parts. The closest thing I can think of to make your own would be this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...:en-US%26sa%3DN

From the Marvel Figure Factory series. I have it at my desk at work and these pieces look awesome for displaying Mates but I'll only do it if I can get another one.

It's a good wave, one of the best. My favorite is Red Sun Superman and Wonder Woman. I do like the female Question and it makes perfect sense seeing as she is with Batwoman, who I am also thrilled to get in mate form. The GL's were good additions to the corps and it's good to be fleshing out the Teen Titans.

In my opinion, this is one of the best put together waves from a marketing standpoint. We have a superman and wonder woman, GL corps, teen titans and the batman franchises all represented. Sell your money makers. Throw in something obscure or rare in each wave and *poof* you have a success. It seems to be the way marvel sells their mates and they have lasted over twenty waves and sure we have a thousand spider-men and wolverines, but alot of other great characters. I could live with several cool superman variations in order to have the line survive. Just a thought.

I hope DC reconsiders the "on hold" decision.