UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chazwinski's Minimate designs!

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cenobites:

Hey, Mom and Dad! You're child will literally scream when you give him the latest incarnation of Xipe Totec..PINHEAD! He comes with Lemarchand's box! But don't you DARE solve the lament configuration or he may just tear your soul apart! *notforusewithresponsibleparentownersorpeoplewholikekids*

post-2001-1247771991_thumb.jpg

According to Clive Barker, the female cenobite's sins were so horrible, so vile, so disgusting, that her name must never be spoken again. Much like my ex-girlfriend. I think most people who saw this chick coming towards them, would say "Whoa, B--ch! Back the f@#$ up!".

post-2001-1247772008_thumb.jpg

It's Butterball...and it ain't the tasty turkey your Mom served you last Thanksgiving. This is what happens after you die and the Devil finds out that you were stealing your little brother's candy!

post-2001-1247772019_thumb.jpg

Here we obviously have another victim of socialized health care. The Chatterer has been waiting for the bureaucrats to select a dentist for him for three million years...but HEY, it's affordable!

post-2001-1247772033_thumb.jpg

Haha!! I LOVE it!! I used to have Chatterer and Chatter Beast toys when i was like 12 (really, don't ask...:blink:)

I read that and thought to myself "Wha? they made a Hellraiser toy line 15 years ago?" then imagined some neon green pinhead as a chunky Kenner figure

... then I remembered you're 15 and what you probably had are the NECA figures (one of the first lines they made when they entered the figure business actually), so then I felt old.

But back on topic:

I really like these, it's nice to see Pinhead like this since there's probably no logical way to actually make him into a physical minimate without cheating on the height or the pins or using a sculpted head or something... but he sure does look slick as one.

Will we be seeing any Cenobites from the sequels, Chaz? I've always enjoyed the two who's heads twist together, they were pretty keen.

Thanks, guys. The cenobites are horrifying, but I think they would make excellent minimates.

Here is a great movie character, Robert DeNiro as Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver. "You talkin' to me?"

post-2001-1247878741_thumb.jpg

Ferris Bueller (My fave comedy, but I couldn't get a good likeness of Matthew Broderick...I tried but he is difficult to do in this block form!)

post-2001-1247928646_thumb.jpg

Carrie is a personal favorite movie of mine. I didn't even attempt to get a likeness of Sissy Spacek. You just have to make sure Carrie has that totally frightening look on her face.

post-2001-1247928835_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

'PIGS? It was supposed to be Pig's BLOOD!'

'I didn't finish the book.'

'You stopped reading after the word "pigs"? That wasn't even the end of the sentence.'

Good one, Nessex. I love it when all the FOX cartoons make pop culture references. :)

Two more horror icons

Jack Torrance & Norman Bates:

post-2001-1247971608_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1247971624_thumb.jpg

I couldn't decide which version of Dracula to do, so I did all the ones I like:

Bela Lugosi

Gary Oldman in aged state

Gary Oldman in youthful state

Gary Oldman in bat form

Nosferatu

Vlad Tepes

Castlevania version

Marvel Comics version in armor

post-2001-1248018332_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

Awesome. I am making a Jack Torrance as a commission, so now I can use your design as a "reference" :D

Your Dracula's are all awesome, although I thought the movie w/ Oldman as Dracula had just about the worst acting ever. Nosferatu is creepy as ever! :thumbsup:

holy mother of god,i must have that nosferatu,hes always been my favorite take on draculea,I MUST HAVE HIM!!!!

must make nosferatu,must make nosferatu,must make nosferatu,must make nosferatu!!!!

Edited by brobotc

Thanks for the praise, guys. They were fun to do, but I also had a lot of fun on this next one. I wanted to do a different take on his brides. I wanted them to have a similar color tone so that they would look like a set, but I wanted them to look like different eras. The one on the left is from antiquity, the middle is from the middle ages and the one on the right is around the late 19th century. THey would still be unusual outfits even back then, but then vampires are unusual anyway.

post-2001-1248038457_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

'Heeeeeeeeere's Jonny!'

Jack looks totally manic - and he's doing that creepy looking up through his eyebrows thing!

But i think you REALLY nailed anthony perkins. he looks spot on. So does bela lugosi. i'm always amazed by how much a few simple lines can convey. Great work!

Anthony Perkins was perfectly cast for the role of Norman Bates. It was amazing how he changed from a shy, attractive, likable guy that you actually felt sorry for into that final scene where he is staring at you with that evil, maniacal grin. Hitchcock + Perkins = Genius.

Look at the difference!

post-2001-1248188687_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1248189023_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

post-2001-1247431341_thumb.jpg

Wow Chaz, great work all the way around. That Rogue and Warlocke are particularly awesome. In fact, this is the version of Rogue that DST needs to make, and you nailed it. Do it, DST!

Edited by karamazov80

As much as my attempt at Paul Atreides last year was a disappointment, I decided to try my hand at "Dune" again. Don't expect for these to look like the 1984 David Lynch movie. They are a combination of the movie, the 2000 TV series, and different drawings I've seen on the web. I thought I'd start with House Harkonnen:

Baron Vladimir Harkonnen: I wanted to make it as though he were wearing something really flashy...almost gaudy, including an outlandish hairstyle, but I'm scared he may look too clownish. I was pleased with the anti-gravity units though.

Glossu "the Beast" Rabban: I wanted to make the Baron's older nephew look a little like him when he was younger. In the later books you discover that he wasn't always obese. I probably could have paid more attention to the face, but the snarl reflects Glossu's personality well.

Feyd Rautha: I spent a lot of time making him look like the actor who portrayed him in the mini-series (Matt Keeslar) instead of Sting. He intentionally looks like a gay pride parade escapee, because the outfit looks like something that the Baron would make him wear for his own enjoyment.

post-2001-1248408167_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski