UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC exclusive

cornflakes

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh joy! oh joy! oh joy! oh no!!!!!!!

the sdcc exclusives are gunna get the best of me! well fellow wwc goers, i've sent an e-mail to dst:

Hey DST,

I am a VERY loyal Minimate fan/buyer. I live in Michigan and am extremely bummed that San Diego Comic Con is after Wizard World Chicago this year. I really look forward to Wizard World for the Minimates most of all. Is there ANY way that you guys could put some of the Minimate Exclusive sets at Wizard World? Maybe if I get a petition or if you get more e-mails from people with the same plea you could maybe put a hundred or so sets out to buy at the con?

Thanks guys!

Scott Potis

(PS: I just want to give big thanks for putting out all these new waves and boxed sets! I’m seeing so much new stuff; it’s making my head spin!)

i'm waiting for a response, i'll let you guys know...

Again, much love for the inter-changeable Minimates. This and the Avengers set will be the first two that I definitely want to get two of to keep. I need Giant Man, Ant Man, and both of the new versions of Cap in my collection. I remember reading someone commenting on the problem of not being able to store Cap's shield on his back recently, and now we have that. With two sets, I'll also be able to switch up which of my Caps gets to wear the shield that way from time to time.

This set, the Avengers, and the Iron Man 4-pack are so freakin' awesome. One drawback is that I, personally, am now feeling spoiled. I know that I am basically expecting to get a first Appearance X-Men set at this point (please DST? I'll be your best friend :) ). Then what 4 pack will we get next? Alpha Flight? West Coast Avengers? New Mutants? An updated Fantastic Four? Alien army builder (with Kree, Skrull, and Shi'ar troops along with a Brood alien?)? Wrecking Crew? More!!

Seriously, though, I hope they keep this trend up.

--edit: I'm also just noticing how well Torch's base would work for, say, Iron Man. . .--

Edited by karamazov80

Awesome set DST. The Invaders rule!

• 3 version of Cap (original, classic and maskless) :D Awesome, awsome, awesome!!
  • 3 shileds for Cap (original, classic and shoulder slung version) :woot: Awesome, awesome, awesome!!
  • Speedo wearing Namor (FINALLY!!!) Awesome!! :lol:
  • Original Human Torch with a flame base that rivals the one that came with FF HT, AWESOME!! ;)
  • Bucky... (hair parted in the middle) not so good, (visible mask elastic) err.. not needed. Umm "yay Bucky". :confused:

Not that I condone the Nazis or anything, but wouldn't it be neat to have a mini Hitlermate to recreate Cap's first appearance?

445px-Captainamerica1.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Maybe it is just me, but these exclusives for SDCC are kinda disappointing. I could make the argument that they are mostly all just variants of existing characters with extra accessories to make them seem the more worth while getting. Really though, I am just let down that there is another box set for a Marvel story that I could care less about. :(

Here is the set I would rather of seen: Planet Hulk

Planet Hulk (the Gladiator version of Hulk)

Silver Savage

The Red King

Caiera Oldstrong

But hey, if what the people want is the Invaders, then sweet stuff. Truth be told, as disappointed as I am I sure still want the Sub-Mariner. Guy looks freak'n sweet!

*blood vessel burst*

So we had Civil War

we're getting the Avengers...

Stark-aploza too....

and now the Invaders.

WOW DST, I'm also happy despite the hoop jumping this poor Aussie will have o go through to get 'em.

Maybe it is just me, but these exclusives for SDCC are kinda disappointing. I could make the argument that they are mostly all just variants of existing characters with extra accessories to make them seem the more worth while getting. Really though, I am just let down that there is another box set for a Marvel story that I could care less about. :(

Here is the set I would rather of seen: Planet Hulk

Planet Hulk (the Gladiator version of Hulk)

Silver Savage

The Red King

Caiera Oldstrong

But hey, if what the people want is the Invaders, then sweet stuff. Truth be told, as disappointed as I am I sure still want the Sub-Mariner. Guy looks freak'n sweet!

Someone punch this guy in the face!

are you seriously comparing planet hulk to the invaders?

no respect for history i guess

This set is freaking awesome.

the new cap is freaking great and will replace my wave 5 as the standard! \the bucky lends itself for a winter soldier custom.

namor, for everyone that didnt have a variant BSG six...here you go!

and the human torch very nice.

Edited by murderofcrows

Maybe it is just me, but these exclusives for SDCC are kinda disappointing........ Planet Hulk blah blah blah!

I would not say that I was comparing Planet Hulk with the Invaders, just saying that I am disappointed with these exclusives and what I would want. I suppose this is the wrong thread though.

No respect for history? Comic book History? seriously? comics, history, respect? geek much?

And I would like to see you try and punch me in the face.

Yeah....just try it through your monitor and all that's gonna happen is you'll need a new monitor.

Anyways...... :wacko:

I really like a the box sets announced, and can't wait to get my hands on them

I would also love to see a Fearsome Foes of Spiderman set with Kraven, Electro, the Lizard, and the Vulture......maybe at the next convention???? Spidey villains needs some love!!

Maybe it is just me, but these exclusives for SDCC are kinda disappointing........ Planet Hulk blah blah blah!

I would not say that I was comparing Planet Hulk with the Invaders, just saying that I am disappointed with these exclusives and what I would want. I suppose this is the wrong thread though.

No respect for history? Comic book History? seriously? comics, history, respect? geek much?

I do so love it when people get big and bad on an internet forum...really makes me laugh

as far as the geek much comment, comics have a rich and complex history, the invaders are part of that history that not only helped shaped pop culture but also the USA, try looking it up sometime sonny.

First I just want to point out that you were the one that got tough first.

Okay, I am wrong about the history thing. Sounds like a good argument. I will look up how comics helped shape the culture of the USA (this is not sarcasm, I really am) and if you could show me where to start I would appreciate it.

It was kinda sad to see someone make the comment "Punch this guy in the face!," in this forum. But whatever.

Edited by pickle

First I just want to point out that you were the one that got tough first.

Okay, I am wrong about the history thing. Sounds like a good argument. I will look up how comics helped shape the culture of the USA (this is not sarcasm, I really am) and if you could show me where to start I would appreciate it.

It was kinda sad to see someone make the comment "Punch this guy in the face!," in this forum. But whatever.

aaaah shit I am sorry kid, it was more of a joke than anything about punch this guy in the face. I guess I was just shocked anyone could see this set as anything but a love letter to us minimate fans.

I sometimes get so caught up in people getting upset someone didnt get made, and complaining about what we DO have that i just get frustrated.

On another note, the history channel has some Awesome Comics in American History Programs. From the Comics Code and the McCarthy era red scare, to their influence in films, pop culture and literacy in general, I would highly recommend checking them out!

ok so for the record, dont punch this guy in the face, instead buy him some back issues!!

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows