UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC exclusive

cornflakes

Is it me or anyone else think we're due for some Spider-Man love?

Here are my predictions for the next exclusive, wave or box set:

1. Green Goblin with removable mask - We saw the designs last spring. He must be coming.

2. Mary Jane Watson (comic version) - Very over due for a remake. The original is Chuck's least favorite mate.

3. Aunt May - Chuck has been itching to find a way to make this work. I think she's coming.

4. Mutant X Spider-man - Six armed Spidey has to be coming soon.

5. Vulture - Just a hunch. Classic villian.

6. McNiven Spider-Man or Brand New Day Spider-Man - Several reasons for seeing a regular redo of Spidey. a) packed with Aunt May to insure sales, B) not a lot of accessories which keep costs down, c) helps new collectors get their hands on the icon, d) promotes Marvel's new Brand New Day push.

The packs would look like this:

BND Spider-Man/Aunt May

Green Goblin/Mary Jane Watson

Vulture/Six arm Spider-Man

Variant: BND Spider-Man/Uncle Ben

My predictions are 3% accurate so let's see if I get lucky!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If so, I hope that we can get a Kraven and Lizard along with Vulture. . .and maybe even a Scorpion. Personally, I would prefer extra, unreleased villains over another Mary Jane or. . .an Aunt May. I think that I could really live without ever having an Aunt May "action" figure.

If so, I hope that we can get a Kraven and Lizard along with Vulture. . .and maybe even a Scorpion. Personally, I would prefer extra, unreleased villains over another Mary Jane or. . .an Aunt May. I think that I could really live without ever having an Aunt May "action" figure.

Yes to all of those AND I would like an updates Doc Ock (better arms, PLEASE) and an updates Green Goblin.

We did last year, movie preview two pack.

Nothing like movie to drive the line and open the purse strings. This set is like the AA Fantasic Four boxset, a movie tie-in without directly being related to the movie, probably cheaper and faster to get approved as an exclusive that way for AFX. That said, AFX also had the earlier Iron Man exclusive 2-pack so maybe they just really love Stark too and a sense of perfect timing.

As to the set itself, it's a beaut with all the variations. I tend to agree that more sense for Iron-y-man variations than most other people. I'd prefer more new sculpting, but seems a vain hope. The gold if it makes it to the production mates, unlike vac-metalised Silver Surfer who we never saw a proto all shiny, is a bit jarring and seems amusing that no re-use of the repulsor hand too.

Hmmmm. We'll have to reveal something soon then...

I'm sure there's a clue in what Matt said somewhere.

Let's see... a synonym for "reveal" is "strip". Strips come in bacon and comic form. Comic strips are printed in newspapers. Newspapers are used in England to serve fish and chips. Chips in America are called "French Fries", and the French gave us the Statue of Liberty. Which is a monument, like Mt. Rushmore, which has the faces of famous presidents. Quarters also have the face of a President, which is an interesting coincedence in an election year. Presidential elections come every four years, like leap years. And frogs like to leap with frog legs, and I like "Frogger"....

The exclusive is Hulkbuster Iron Man / Hulk. When you really look at what Matt said, it's so obvious.

LOL. I had a flashback of the old Batman tv show while reading that. It is something that you would have heard Batman and Robin talking about when trying to solve one of the Riddler's puzzles :)

In regards to the Wolverine vs. Iron Man variation debate, I don't mind variations of any character, so long as they represent true variations. Both characters tend to yield true variations with unique looks.

I gotta agree though. We've been so long without a Wolverine figure, it makes me wonder if Chuck is feeling alright. I'm not complaining though about getting classic Avengers, Iron Men galore, Cloak, Dagger, Nova, Gamora, Nitro, Hawkeye, Havok, Polaris, Mysterio, Abomination, Apocalypse, Archangel, etc. It just makes you wonder what's around the corner.

Madripoor Patch!

Fang Disguise Wolverine!

Feral Wolverine!

Age of Apocalypse Wolverine!

Weapon X!

Civil War Adamantium Skeleton!

Samurai Logan!

Secret Agent Logan!

Blue with Yellow Center Stripe X-Uniform Wolverine!

House of M Red Guard Wolverine!

Robot Wolverine/Albert!

Womanverine aka X-23!

Rainbow Monkey Wolverine!

Edited by lastmaximal

I'd be happy never seeing another Wolverine variant again. We've gotten most of his Iconic looks. I've always found him overrated and overused. And I don't want to see Spider-Man's supporting characters like Mary Jane and Aunt May made either. What makes them any more important than Moira Mactaggert, or Senator Kelly, or Jarvis, or any of the various characters' supporting casts. And atleast in my mind, they are far less important than powered characters we havent had; Falcon, Doc Sampson, Hercules, Banshee, Gambit, Deadpool, Blob, Toad, Mandarin, etc, etc, etc.

It's all just personal preferance though.

it's all good to me, although i do share the sentiment of character costume variants being less important than all-new characters getting the minimate treatment for the first time. i wouldn't mind if they saved most variations for boxed sets like these and having the mass-release 'mates focus on new characters.

I'd by up for an Aunt May. In fact, stick her in a box set with MJ, Gwen and Felicia, and have a Spidey with a "kissy face" like in SM1. Call it "The Woman who Love Spidey" box set. It'll sell... 13 copies. And I'll be buying 3. :P

If they do a BND Spidey, I won't be buying it. It'll be my tiny little protest against BND. I'm still super uber pissed over what happened with that.

Anyways, yeas. Ironman>Wolvy. I seriously need to get some more. I'm a bit jumpy to do a Hall of Armors. But there's a few Wolvy variations left that I'd like. Weapon X, Bezerk, and then my personal favorite, which Chuck says there's nill chance of so I'm just gona have to do a custom;

logan03.gif

I have to admit, I have no enthusiasm for this set. I think I have Iron Man fatigue :P

Knowing the way your mind works I suspect this is because they Suits don't have heaving female breasts?

Buy it anyway and pretend there's a naked Emma Frost in them.

T.

no joke about building up your hall of armor this summer with civil war, classic avengers box set and the movie mates i thought we could not get much more iron in our diet. but we did! woot i love all the extra helmets those are sweet. I may break down and buy this set from online, it is that cool! of course i may also drive the six hours to comic con and pick it up there!

Yes to all of those AND I would like an updates Doc Ock (better arms, PLEASE) and an updates Green Goblin.

Jeez guys, you're forgetting the best one: ELECTRO! Seriously, Electro. Way better than Kraven or a Goblin update is a goy who can shoot lightning from his hands. Am I right.

Also, I like this exclusive. It's fun.

no joke about building up your hall of armor this summer with civil war, classic avengers box set and the movie mates i thought we could not get much more iron in our diet. but we did! woot i love all the extra helmets those are sweet. I may break down and buy this set from online, it is that cool! of course i may also drive the six hours to comic con and pick it up there!

You make it to SDCC and I'll buy you a beer, IronMan Minimates and Free Beer what else could you want?*

T.

*dial 1-800Strippers and tell em Timbo sent ya for a discount ;)

We'll need two sets to display all of the armors right?

If you bought two sets and displayed both versions you would wind up with six different armors, two of drunk Tony and one Recovery Armor Tony. Of course you could display one drunk Tony with the helmet on if you wanted to.

If you bought two sets and displayed both versions you would wind up with six different armors, two of drunk Tony and one Recovery Armor Tony. Of course you could display one drunk Tony with the helmet on if you wanted to.

Six different armors? Okay I'm confused.... :blink: you talking about a version of Tony "undressed" and then fully armored? Is there going to be a chart or something for us Iron Man novices? :D

it's all good to me, although i do share the sentiment of character costume variants being less important than all-new characters getting the minimate treatment for the first time. i wouldn't mind if they saved most variations for boxed sets like these and having the mass-release 'mates focus on new characters.

I tend to agree and for the most part exclusives have stuck to variations. Personally I'd rather Marvel movie mates work like DST's other movie licenses and just have a boxset per movie instead of a wave too.

There seems to be just as much chance are that happening as us not getting some of the suggested Wolverine variations in a exclusive boxset just in time for a certain Wolverine movie next year...

Edited by Cyc