UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC exclusive

cornflakes

I think I might have to buy three sets. Three of the Iron Man sets and Three of the Avengers sets. Got to keep one mint. That modular armor is a work of art. All we need now is the Hulk buster armors and an Ultimate Iron Man. Can't forget about the baddies. Titanium Man is still high on my wish list. Crymson Dynamo too. If those two are made, I'd be happy. But let me get this straight. Now we have two first appearance armors?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But let me get this straight. Now we have two first appearance armors?

Well, one is "first appearance absolutely," from Tales of Suspence #39, and one is "first appearance as an Avenger," from Avengers #1.

Since I won't be at SDCC this year, can we start putting in requests for people to get them for us? :biggrin:

Only if you want to be forgotten! :P

Seriously folks... We start to think about this sort of stuff in early july, anything before and you'll be forgotten.

T.

Someone mentioned before that is the only time you will probably see Gwyneth Paltrow and the word Minimate in the same sentence. How could you pass on history in the making? :lol:

I don't think it is that big a deal. I mean, we already have her daughter.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=355

Knowing the way your mind works I suspect this is because they Suits don't have heaving female breasts?

Buy it anyway and pretend there's a naked Emma Frost in them.

T.

Now there's an enduring image!

And just a question - has there ever been an "Iron Woman"?

Only in the Ultimate universe,If memory serves correct...

Ult Stark made an suit for Black widow when they were 'getting jiggy with it' only for her to turn around and stab him in the back!

T.

Only in the Ultimate universe,If memory serves correct...

Ult Stark made an suit for Black widow when they were 'getting jiggy with it' only for her to turn around and stab him in the back!

T.

Holy crap, I know something about Ironman that Timbo doesn't?!

In the Marvel Mangaverse, Tony was actually a woman.

marvelmanga.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

There seems to be just as much chance are that happening as us not getting some of the suggested Wolverine variations in a exclusive boxset just in time for a certain Wolverine movie next year...

i'd enjoy it, as long as they tossed in a Wolverine villain or two [come on, modern-616 Sabertooth and Omega Red]. :D

Yeah Mangaverse huh you know that dont count for shit?

My Granny wore tinfoil on her head once, doesn't make her any more Iron Man that your lameo mangaverse but it's a close run thing... ;)

T.

My Granny wore tinfoil on her head once, doesn't make her any more Iron Man that your lameo mangaverse but it's a close run thing... ;)

T.

Ah, so you did know about it. Good, I was scared there for a sec.

I would think Manga Iron(wo)man would cont just as much as Ult Black Widow, honestly. But that's jsut me.

T.

Ah, so you did know about it. Good, I was scared there for a sec.

I would think Manga Iron(wo)man would cont just as much as Ult Black Widow, honestly. But that's jsut me.

Indeed that is "jsut" you and all the 5 yr olds that think the manga verse is a good idea ;)

BTW I Didn't know!

But come on... Mangaverse... almost as dumb an idea as that stupid marvel/transformers crossover nonsense... House of Ideas my ass... "House of whatever to make a cheap co-licensing deal and hope the merchandising sells" more like.

T.

Admittedly, I don't know shit about the Mangaverse (except that it sounds incredibly retarded), but I also, personally, don't give the Ultimates any more legitimacy than any given "What If?" issue. They are fun to read, but they aren't "real" Marvel comics continuity to me (note: I don't think that anything in this crap-tastic Quesada era is "real" Marvel, either--I'm just waiting for some reasonable editor to take over and make all of it a fever dream by Peter Parker or something). Related to that, was there not a "what if Pepper Potts created the Iron Man armor?" issue at some point? That seems like a pretty typical "What If" issue.

Edited by karamazov80

Admittedly, I don't know shit about the Mangaverse (except that it sounds incredibly retarded), but I also, personally, don't give the Ultimates any more legitimacy than any given "What If?" issue. They are fun to read, but they aren't "real" Marvel comics continuity to me (note: I don't think that anything in this crap-tastic Quesada era is "real" Marvel, either--I'm just waiting for some reasonable editor to take over and make all of it a fever dream by Peter Parker or something). Related to that, was there not a "what if Pepper Potts created the Iron Man armor?" issue at some point? That seems like a pretty typical "What If" issue.

This is my dream for the end of Brand New Day:

Villain: Now you're mine, Spider-Man.

Spidey: So are you gonna gloat like every other villain that had me in the palm of their hand?

Villain: No, I'm just going to snap your neck (Snaps Spidey's neck and shoots Aunt May and Mary Jane in the head)

Switch to Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum

Strange (pointing at Crystal Ball): See, see? That's what happens if you take that deal

Spidey: Oh... crap. Well, I guess I better go tell Aunt May goodbye (Swings Off)

END