UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC exclusive

cornflakes

Please no more spider man :yucky: ,Wolverine :sick: or iron man :confused: we have enough now Please

New character

My hall of armor is full but

I need the sthealt iron man

I also feel your hall of armo(u)r could do with a few less colo(u)rs,font-sizes & smileys &............

a dictionary stealthily placed ;) .....for the sake of your thealt :blink:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly, I don't know shit about the Mangaverse (except that it sounds incredibly retarded), but I also, personally, don't give the Ultimates any more legitimacy than any given "What If?" issue. They are fun to read, but they aren't "real" Marvel comics continuity to me (note: I don't think that anything in this crap-tastic Quesada era is "real" Marvel, either--I'm just waiting for some reasonable editor to take over and make all of it a fever dream by Peter Parker or something). Related to that, was there not a "what if Pepper Potts created the Iron Man armor?" issue at some point? That seems like a pretty typical "What If" issue.

Although the "What if...?" stories have really sucked since the first volume (70's and 80's) I really really recommend the ones from that first volume. Stories like "What if Phoenix had lived?" "What if Loki found the hammer of Thor?" "What if the Fantastic Four hadn't gained their powers?" and my personal favorite and easily one of the best tragic stories of all time, "What if Dr. Doom had become a hero?" are really some great reads, especially if you like stories that end on a downer like Thomas Hardy's stuff.

Although the "What if...?" stories have really sucked since the first volume (70's and 80's) I really really recommend the ones from that first volume. Stories like "What if Phoenix had lived?" "What if Loki found the hammer of Thor?" "What if the Fantastic Four hadn't gained their powers?" and my personal favorite and easily one of the best tragic stories of all time, "What if Dr. Doom had become a hero?" are really some great reads, especially if you like stories that end on a downer like Thomas Hardy's stuff.

"What if the Avengers all had beards?" was a good one too, though that was from "Wha? Huh?". Twisted Toyfare Theater's "What if Gwen Stacy had lived?" was another good one.

I always thought that 'What if the Hulk turned into Bruce Banner when he got angry?' would be kind of interesting, as would 'What if Namor couldn't swim?' & 'What if Blackbolt had Tourettes Syndrone?' .

'What if Galactus farted?'

'What if buttheadsmate was funny?'......................

I always thought that 'What if the Hulk turned into Bruce Banner when he got angry?' would be kind of interesting, as would 'What if Namor couldn't swim?' & 'What if Blackbolt had Tourettes Syndrone?' .

'What if Galactus farted?'

'What if buttheadsmate was funny?'......................

They've done similar ones to those:

"What if Blackbolt talked in his sleep?"

"What if Galactus had indigestion?"

Here's one..

What if.. this thread were to get back on topic? ;)

T.

.......I thought I had dibs on the title ,'grumpy ol' man :rolleyes:

I have a stack of loose Wave 6 Iron-Man 'mates which I bought from a (perhaps) relative of the Mandarin on ebay. On inspection none of them had Stark's head :ohmy: & my conscience has always stopped me from glueing the helmets on & selling them on ebay :no: As for head-swaps I now have a veritable cornucopia of choices with all these ferric figures arriving..... happy day!

Invaders huh...

Skimpy shorts Namor Check...

Bucky Check...

Humand torch with Awesome base check...

And Cap A in both modern and WW2 gear with the cool feature of having the shield on his back... Check...

Looks like another winner set to me despite having 2 1/2 characters we've had before :D

T.

Holy CRAP!

I'm in love I was only going to post the other day we need an invaders pack with the new comic.

Classic Cap Am shields! 3 shields and 3 cap heads!

swim trunks namor

Bucky!

Original Torch

This set rocks I'm so glad for al these new boxsets

Oh... My... God...

This is absolutely the most amazing thing ever. Screw the Iron Man set, I want the Invaders now. I hope these will be avaliable post convention or that I can get these online somewhere except EBAY. I wonder if DST will have them avaliable on their store?

PS: Whose shield is that reverse colored shield, Bucky's or Cap's? When did Cap use it if its his?

Edited by Trekker 42

Yeah neither one is showing up yet at shopafx.com like the Civil War set was a few weeks before....That would really suck. The only thing wrong is that they missed a trident for Namor.

It looks like Bucky's. I've never seen Bucky have a shield from what I remember, I like it though. I always thought he should have one.

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Oh... My... God...

This is absolutely the most amazing thing ever. Screw the Iron Man set, I want the Invaders now. I hope these will be avaliable post convention or that I can get these online somewhere except EBAY. I wonder if DST will have them avaliable on their store?

PS: Whose shield is that reverse colored shield, Bucky's or Cap's? When did Cap use it if its his?

I was going to ask the same question about the shield with the blue rim

Wowsers. Gettting a second box set exclusive is a great surprise. And it's giving us the overdue classic Namor and the Bucky. I'm indifferent about Cap, but really excited the original Human Torch. Well-done face, fun new base, all cast in in translucent plastic - that's a winner of a Minimate. Going to have to do a "flame-off" original Human torch now...

Good thing I checked this thread to see why so many people were still talking about the Iron Man exclusives. :D