UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 7 posted!

Destrin41016

I'm not a huge reader of DC comics, actually I don't read any. I know who every character in this wave is from watching The old Superfriends/BTAS/Justice League cartoons. I love the Lobo/Ambush Bug set and will be buying that set fro a friend of mine who got hooked on DC comics while serving time in prison (he was screwed over by the system)!

I too was a bit dissapointed by the size of Bane. I think he should have been the same size as other mates, but with a big chest piece and maybe some sort of extentions on his boots to make him a hair or two taller than other mates. he is still an awesome mate though.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love these mates. I am drooling over a new flash minimate. The last manhunter/flasg javalin set sold for $220 on Ebay!!!!!! So, I wasn't planing on spending that on these mates (even tho I was so tempted). I am also drooling over a clayface and nightwing minimate. The new batman is cool. Lobo and Grodd are pretty cool too. I also think its awesome they did ambush bug...but I really couldn't care less about starfire...but she's cool a guess

If I can state something...

Is it possible DCD doesn't care about C3 at all, or who was in it, and is making character choices based on who seems like a good idea?

Ditto to Mystery Man. Once the surprise of a new wave settles a bit I can honestly say I have found something I have loved about every single figure that DCD has produced thus far. At least a case per wave for my family every time. Rock on DCD.. Rock on.

thank you danny. has anyone relized the only black minimate made by DCD or C3 is John Stewart??? are they racist? (kidding)

You forgot Steel

Ah yes, but they refused to give him a removable helmet...the "man's" way of concealing his cultural-identity!LOL I encourage everyone to petition their local government until this problem is resolved. O.K., I just really wanted a removable mask and am exploiting the situation. Dang, it was worth a try! The only real way to rectify the problem is for DCD to release "Battle-damaged Aquaman/Black Manta(with removable helmet) in series 8. Cleanse your conscience DCD and "do the right thang"...for shame!

Clayface & Grodd rock but I worry about getting too far from 'the minimate' style.

My thoughts exactly.

I think I'd add that Lobo to that list as well. It just seems like there's too much going on with the big jacket and the hair and the boots. I'm all for accuracy and accessories, but the simpleness of Minimates (IMO) is part of the appeal.

But then again, you didn't hear me complaining about all of the stuff on Thor, so I guess I'm a hypocrite.

Maybe the Marvel stuff is just photographed better.

That Flash looks great. Definitely my favorite from this wave.

Hmm... This Batman variation is the same one that was in the Miniflyer wave along with Nightwing & Flash.

That Nightwing is significantly different.

Yep.

nightwingcomparison.jpg

Same with the Flash:

flash_compared.jpg

Personally, I like both. I like the clean, animated look of the C3 version and I like the more detailed comic book look coming in wave 7.

Honestly, after having about a dozen Spideys - and they're all slightly different - how could I possibly complain about these?

Is it me or does the new Flash minimate appear to have slightly altered feet? Just check the side by side shot of both Flashes, posted by Reideen 1313, 2 posts up. It looks like the DCD Flash has his trademark reinforced soled boots he wears in the comics. Is this a new sculpt or just some creative photoshop? What do you guys think? :flash:

Had a lot of time for the C3 Nightwing and he was definitely my favourite C3-er but seeing them side-by-side, this new Nightwing is a big, big improvement. He looks a good deal more badass. He's even better than his 6-inch DCD Hush figure. That was a decent sculpt but his mask was bright blue and this mini-proto even has more detailed escrima fighting sticks.

Wonder if all-new mini Nightwing will have a holster on his back to keep the sticks in? With the DC mates it's not without the realms of possibility. No-one knew Aquaman had finned heels from the early shots, it was just a great surprise.

Is it me or does the new Flash minimate appear to have slightly altered feet? Just check the side by side shot of both Flashes, posted by Reideen 1313, 2 posts up. It looks like the DCD Flash has his trademark reinforced soled boots he wears in the comics. Is this a new sculpt or just some creative photoshop? What do you guys think? :flash:

I noticed that too. I think they're new boots. (I love the attention to detail we're getting from DC Direct on these!!)

These guy look sweet! Clay face and Grod look awesome, out of the minimate box but like the cylons I think they will work. I hope batman's crotch will be the same color as his cowl, hands, and boats, other wise I will be sad. I got to say I was a little disapointed with some of the characters of wave 5 and 6, but wave 7 totally makes up for it! these figures can not come out soon enough.

• 1 month later...

Lobo and Ambush Bug....?!?! OH MY GOD!!! IT'S JUST WHAT I WANTED!!! I even said that I wanted these guys way back when Ma Hunkel was posted! They look great, and I can't wait! :spiderham:

Off Topic: I'm back! (I hope) Dsoe anyone even remember me?

Lobo and Ambush Bug....?!?! OH MY GOD!!! IT'S JUST WHAT I WANTED!!! I even said that I wanted these guys way back when Ma Hunkel was posted! They look great, and I can't wait! :spiderham:

You're instantly forgetable.... However that dancing avatar isn't ;)

Just kidding good to see both of you around again.

T.

Dammit man, there is no forgetting one of the greatest avatars ever!

• 1 month later...