UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 7 posted!

Destrin41016

Not at all what I was hoping for, but I can live with it.

I like the new Nightwing and am happy that people can get him and a Flash. Plus it's Barry! Now I don't have to worry about being so careful with my Barry custom.

That Batman is really neat even though we've already gotten him before. I hope he doesn't become the Wolverine of the DC stuff but I kinda figure he will.

As far as NEW characters go, HOLY SWEET MOSES those look fantastic! GORILLA GRODD! GORILLA GRODD?! WOWWWEEEEEEE!

And I can wait for an Adam Strange, confident that Ambush Bug is getting a minimate. Hell, between him and Ma Hunkel I feel secure knowing that an Elongated Man, Atom, Adam Strange and Black Canary are on the way eventually.

Way to go DCD for gaining and consistently keeping my trust from faltering. I will continue to buy a case of each series and enjoy everything you put out.

Marvel should take note.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, wasn't expecting to see this tonight....

Nightwing/Starfire: I finally get Nightwing....all is right with the world, and Starfire looks great too!!

Grodd/Flash: I already have a Flash from the C3 line, but I'm glad everyone who missed him gets one now, and Grodd looks excellent!!

Ambush Bug/Lobo: I have no idea who Ambush Bug even is, but bring him on, and Lobo looks awesome!

Clayface/Batman: That Batman doesn't really do much for me, but who cares?? Major kudos for nailing one of Batman's strangest villains on a block figure, CLAYFACE!!!!

I love both Marvel and DC mates, but I think I have to say DC has officially claimed the crown as the best in show.

sry for the almost triple post but...

look at wally's boots! it looks like the may have the ridges on the bottom!!!!! did any1 else notice this?

Actually, I was just going to post something about that... Definately different feet there... Nice little touch.

All of these look great. Grood and Clayface are really nicely done. I think I still prefer the C3 'Wing, but to me it's one of the Top 5 Mates Ever.

I don't really care for Batman this time around... The new head looks odd... I don't like it without the removable mask... There was talk of this type of thing with the new Zomibe 2pack, and it didn't really gel with me then... Now that I see it here, I really don't like it... His head looks too skinny and weirdly tall with those huge ears...

You can't tell me that it's cheaper to retool an entire head for a specific character than to just make the mold for a mask...

I can see a bit of custom potential with this wave, but I have to say that this is the first DC wave that I haven't really been excited about. For one, as someone who doesn't follow DC, I only have a vague idea of a couple of the characters, which isn't bad because I don't know almost any of Wave 6, but the characters look a bit bland. For instance, the green guy (Ambush Bug?) is basically a green blank with a face and some hose stuck to his head. And Batman is practically the same character we got from the first wave, only with black shorts instead of blue. Artist specific variations just don't work on the minimate body.

Grodd, Lobo, and Clayface do look good, but it looks like that's where the whole budget went this round.

Not trying to rain on any one else's parade here, I'm just saying this wave didn't wow me like the ones in the past.

Wiki article on Ambush Bug

Wiki article on Lobo

Wiki article on Clayface

Wiki article on Grodd

DB316, I think you'll see many old school DC fans really excited about Ambush Bug because he's always been one of those characters (like Ma Hunkle Red Tornado) who we never thought we'd see - in any form. Ambush Bug has been at or near the top of many fans' want lists for years, but he's one of the 'wacky' Giffen era characters that seemed out of the realm of possibility for DCD to make. The fact that we're getting minimates of both Bug & Ma, is a bonus for me.

As for someone who has no C3 DC i'm glad of a Flash an Nightwing.

I'm loving this whole wave even another Batman. Top of the wave for me me Has got to be Lobo da main man, happy happy. Grodd and Clayface are brilliant as well just shows what can be done with the MM formula with a bit of thought. Again DC have come up trumps on a MM wave even though I'm a Marvel fan over DC in reading format DC are blowing the Marvel MM's out of the water with wave after wave.

The first DC wave was the only real wave I was excited about and the rest of the waves past that were okay for me. But this wave definitely got my interest again. I was this close to stopping my collection of DC minimates because wave 6 kind of put me off a little. Monkeys and some clay can sure change things around.

man these all look awsome, grodd and clayface especially im even psyched to see the classic batman casue now my robin will have someone to look awesome next to.

Fan-freak'n-tastic!! Even the reissues(which I already have from C3) actually look better IMO and I'm actually excited to be replacing them (which comes as a shock even to me!). My only personal quirk (and it's very trivial) is that I would have preferred a "blue/yellow" TT Nightwing paired with Starfire for the sole purpose of releasing the "black/blue" version with another Bat-villan (I can't get my Arkham Asylum fast enough!) later. Clayface is almost exactly as I'd imagined him (except a bit too orange...and no arm-weapon attachments?). Grodd is phenominal (this is the prime example of why 2.5" is neccessary when applied to the right character). Lobo is great (sooner than expected...but definitely welcome!), but I do agree that he needs a "wrapped-chain" arm band. Ambush Bug? Well let's just say that this line proves that anything is possible...I love it!!! I'm quite sure when this series hits though, "Mini-purists" will be up in arms denouncing the blasphemous hands and feet on Clayface and Grodd. I personally think they look cool, but I think that they could be a bit more functional.

like i said no beef with the fig itself it looks good, but its not all that different from series one, besides that fact we're headed down the same spidey/wolerine path they havent even given us legit variations(grey,black, azbat etc) and we get another blue/grey.

Sorry, but to me this is a VERY legitimate variation.

The first figure was decidedly Modern Age (dark blue & grey, pouch belt, circle-less bat emblem). This version is Bronze Age, from the brighter blue hue and capsule belt to the longer ears and yellow oval behind the bat logo. Even the line art on the face and torso seem inspired by Adams and Aparo. This is the Batman I grew up with and one that makes the perfect counterpart to the last Robin 'mate we got.

There are oodles of other legitimate variants to be made as well but I have no doubt we'll see them throughout the course of this awesome line.

Here are some examples of subtle but distinctively variants I'd like to see:

MMBatman01.jpg

MMBatman02.jpg

MMBatman04.jpg

I'm expecting to finally see some of those abandoned C3 movie versions when "The Dark Knight" hits next summer, too.

I just saw the photos for the new series 7 and overall just wasn't as excited as I usually am, it could be the inclusion of two updated C3's that to me don't look as good as the older ones.

It could be the inclusion of another Batman, that while he looks pretty good doesn't really look remarkably different than the two that have come out in the line before, (3 Batmen in 7 series bothers me a bit). Or it could be because Grodd with his mullet reminds me of a kid I went to school with in the eighties. To me Grodd doesn't look like a Gorilla and isn't Grodd usually brown?

Starfire makes sense to be included with Nightwing. Clayface initially to me looks a lot like a Krubric figure which I'm not sure I dig, though I'll probably like him a bit better in person.

I'm liking Ambush Bug and that Lobo looks amazing, deadon and perfect!

I guess I was just expecting and looking foward to more of the JSA or old JLA beinging made.

I'm not much of a DC fan, but will defo be buying the Flash, Gorilla and Clayface mates. I think DCD have really nailed the art of Minimate making. Great characters, great accesories. What I hate is that DST's excuse for making so many Spidey's and Wolverines is that they are for the casual buyer as well as die-hard minimate fans. Half of the DCD minimates I have never heard of, but they are selling well. Look and Listen DST! Lesser known characters sell too! Bring out new characters, less movie mates and no more flaming Wolverines and Spider-mans (Spider-mens?). Also get the license for 2.5/3" mates!

These all look great. I don't like Grodd's Hair piece though, I think it should wrap all the way around. It kinda looks like a mullet. ("Joe Dirt"-Grodd) :P

I think the biggest problem with Grodd is that the "side-burns" are too long, giving the appearance of a mullet. If they were simply trimmed-down and extend just below the chin it would probably be more convincing.

like i said no beef with the fig itself it looks good, but its not all that different from series one, besides that fact we're headed down the same spidey/wolerine path they havent even given us legit variations(grey,black, azbat etc) and we get another blue/grey.

Sorry, but to me this is a VERY legitimate variation.

The first figure was decidedly Modern Age (dark blue & grey, pouch belt, circle-less bat emblem). This version is Bronze Age, from the brighter blue hue and capsule belt to the longer ears and yellow oval behind the bat logo. Even the line art on the face and torso seem inspired by Adams and Aparo. This is the Batman I grew up with and one that makes the perfect counterpart to the last Robin 'mate we got.

There are oodles of other legitimate variants to be made as well but I have no doubt we'll see them throughout the course of this awesome line.

Here are some examples of subtle but distinctively variants I'd like to see:

MMBatman01.jpg

MMBatman02.jpg

MMBatman04.jpg

Great pics PL!! I couldn't agree more that these are the type of "bat-variations" that we need to be seeing(along with Az-bats, etc.). Provided of course that we get great bat-villans (or Comm. Gordon and Alfred) with each variation. I still desperately need Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy; beyond that...gravy.

I'm expecting to finally see some of those abandoned C3 movie versions when "The Dark Knight" hits next summer, too.

about the Lobo wrap. If you look at the designs sketches on the backgrounds it shows the chain around the arm so maybe the pics are a type of proto and there will be a chain wrap.

You're right, I hadn't noticed that!! Good eye MiniFiend. Now, to start rumaging through LEGO/MegaBlok parts to construct a "space-hog"!

Boy oh boy!

My initial thoughts seem to echo Timbo: while Grodd and Clayface look great, I'm concerned that they're straying too far from the MiniMate format. Grodd looks to be 2-1/2", Clayface maybe not. It's almost like DCD feels obligated to put a large mate in each wave, even if they don't fit.

Starfire needs her body shape enhanced.

I'm willing to put up with well-done repeats from the C3 line if we're getting unique characters too, like Ambush Bug!